Fiverr Forum

Problems with uploads

Hey Everyone,

So I am pretty new to Fiverr, but already made a few sales, $250 in my first week, which is pretty cool as I don’t spend an inordinate amount of time on it. By day I am a web developer, but with stacks of spare time on my hands thanks to the recession in the UK; Fiverr seemed like an obvious choice to make a few extra pennies to pay for our holiday next year.

So my issue is with the uploader does any else have issues with this when delivering work? I’m constantly getting HTTP Error and File Size Issue (even when it’s within the limits) tried from a few internet connections and the same. Am I missing something?

Would be cool to hear that I am not alone in this.

Regards

Wayne Austin

Hey, ozzieuk, you’re not alone. I also have these issues and I am not sure if it is a bug on Fiverr or something with my own computer, but I can assure you to keep trying the upload. I have had uploads succeed after 3 tries. Keep trying and don’t stress about it. It will eventually complete the upload.

Also, the larger your uploaded the files, the longer it will take.

Bruce

Hey Ang,

Yeah I figured this out in the end, problem is sending HD video can sometimes go over this limit, this might a suggestion for the Fiverr developers to increase the limit to something a bit more acceptable (for portfolio use) failing that I do use dropbox when the limit is exceeded :slight_smile:

Regards

Wayne

When I have issues with the uploader, i tend to use another service to upload files, such as mediafire. Some people like dropbox.

I use wetransfer (Up to 2 GB and no wait time)

As you can see, I am having problems uploading my gig image and as a last resort seek your assistance ASAP. I am so utterly confused with the directions with regard to the resolution of the image that with all due respect, its driving me off the wall. May I ask you to explain to me in layman’s terms how I would be able to accomplish the task of successfully/without a hitch uploading/upload an acceptable image resolution. I intend to resolve this issue once and for all. After posting my issue, I happened to click on the top left hand corner image adjacent to where my name appears and a page opened where I could see my gig image as the Fiverr Editorial Team would see I suppose. Looked alright to me. Even though Fiverr prescribes 680x479 res but that is an impossible dimension as far as my experience is concerned. I tried on MS Picture Manager and Paint and for the life of me, I could not get that dimension. I used 4000x2000 res for the image I uploaded as someone suggested on a similar forum. I think its readable.

Hello avikchakravorty!

You have successfully connected to The Official Fiverr Forum. Welcome!.

For your reference:

You can login the Forum at http://forum.fiverr.com/ with your Fiverr username & password . Here is your information:

Username:

Email:

I can’t wait to start reading your posts. Talk to you soon!

Jess E. (aka “jesseagan” on the forum)

Hi avikchakravorty,

We are sorry, but your gig ‘proofread, edit, write SEO content’ did not pass our moderators’ review. The reasons are:

Your gig image would need to be of a better resolution, graphic or photographic quality. Please replace your primary gig image

Thanks,

The Fiverr Editorial Team

Hi avikchakravorty,

It appears that your gig ‘proofread, edit, write SEO content’ needs to be modified to remain listed on Fiverr. Here are the reasons:

Your gig image would need to be of a better resolution, graphic or photographic quality. Please replace your primary gig image

To modify your gig click here.

Thanks,

Content Editorial Team

Fiverr.com

Reply to @avikchakravorty:

If all you have to edit your image is MS Paint and the resolution is 4000 x 2000, try this:

In MS Paint ->Image->Stretch/Skew Set Stretch to 16% both horiz & vertical.

That with produce an image 640 pixels wide and the vertical height will be 320 pixels high. That should allow your picture to upload. You will probably have blank space below the picture in your gig.

Good Luck

I’ve creted my 1st gig, and always get this message, don’t understand why, made changes on the quality of the images, HIGH quality 1024x768…

"Your gig image would need to be of a better resolution, graphic or photographic quality. Please replace your primary gig image"

Any advice?

Having this same issue.

Just created a new Gig and it keeps getting returned with

"Your gig image would need to be of a better resolution, graphic or photographic quality."

I’ve created new, higher res images but it still comes back with the same message.

I switch to the old version. Sometimes that works. :wink:

So yeah, I’m having this problem:

"Your gig image would need to be of a better resolution, graphic or photographic quality. Please replace your primary gig image"

I looked up other gigs just like mine and they are far worse quality than my picture. Some of them are just words on a blank background. I don’t understand how my pic is not of quality. It’s high resolution, too.

All this trouble is not worth the trouble of getting $5 gigs, sorry.

Comparing your gigs to other similar gigs is very logical and emotional. But it misses the root of the current situation at Fiverr. It appears that Fiverr has very recently made a new emphasis on “pretty” and “quality” in all gig images, although they would likely use other words. So any NEW gig or NEW REVISION is being looked at under their newly revised standards and guidelines.

Older gigs with subjectively “worse images” might also be shut down if they were started now or were edited now. Fiver does not SEEM to be scouring all the current and old gigs to find images that need upgrading, but anyone submitting new gigs of editing old gigs just gets looked at and “caught”, while others don’t.

I don’t understand how comparing to my competition is emotional. It’s the best way to get clarity on the situation.

I assumed that what you mentioned is what is happening.

So if you don’t have design skills, it now appears you need to hire someone for $5 on fiverr to make a good enough image for your own $5 gig.

raymondduke said: I don't understand how comparing to my competition is emotional.

I said that based on your statement two posts above:

raymondduke said: I looked up other gigs just like mine and they are far worse quality than my picture. Some of them are just words on a blank background. I don't understand how my pic is not of quality.

... so it sounded to me like you think that you are not getting equal treatment. Which is true if you are talking about ALL sellers and ALL gigs old and new, but it also appears that you are getting the same treatment that Fiverr is applying to all new gigs and newly revised gigs. (But not OLD gigs.)

Getting your gig image denied now at Fiverr is sort of like getting a traffic ticket. No matter how many drivers (gigs) violate a driving law (gig image rule) only some of them get a traffic ticket - just the one the police see doing it. And when you think about all the others who get away with the same thing, if you are the one that is "caught" that seems (emotionally) unfair.

hi,

i made gigs with all that fiverr want incl. grafic but all gigs i made i get this info:

but my images in big very good quality … it is work to do some gigs but i lost motivation if the gigs all set as attetion review … what did i wrong? Picture size is like in the infos and i do not know what i can do now that the gig are online

I’m also getting these messages, it’s very frustrating since the jpg’s I’m uploading are around 250 kb. I think Fiverr engineers should solve these problems immediately, otherwise it is not a serious site.

I have been on Fiverr for a while and I get “Unknown error” when I upload a video. Cannot understand this, has not happened before so I use dropbox now and share the file that way. I think its a bug with Fiverr, from 8th September 2014. Anyone else have problems?

Same here, tried to send files and also receiving the message “Unknown error”. Never happened before, have sent a message to fiverr, just cancelling orders until I hear from them.

I am getting the same error this morning, not had an issue before. Hope it gets sorted.

I am having the same issue, I cannot load the same file that I have already sent out to over multiple clients…Please advise

Keeps saying “unknown error”