Professional editor and blogger giving tips to new sellers! (Part 1)

Guest mynameisernest

Guest mynameisernest

Hello,

My name is Ernest and I decided to try fiverr for the first time a few months ago. Before I actually started using fiverr, I heard a lot about it but never actually checked it out, but a few months ago i got an email from a very close friend explaining how he earned over 100 dollars in just a couple days. I thought he was joking or something but he showed me actual proof of his experience and because of that I got pretty interested.

I began to use fiverr and in just a few days (with the help of my blog) I exploded. I got over 50 sales a day and a bunch of 5 star reviews. It was just to easy to be honest. Because of the unimaginable success i got of fiverr I decided to make an eBook for people to learn how I did but I realized that all my success was simply because I had an effective traffic source that I invested all my time in and many people don’t have the kind of ‘‘luxury’’ I have.

So I decided to make this account to see how long it would take me to suceed on fiverr with no outside traffic sources. If anyone can be kind enough to check me out, I would really appreciate it! …

Keep in mind that I just started so more gigs are on there way 😉

By the way any gig suggestions would be really appreciated.

P.S. After my ‘‘experiment’’ I will finish my eBook and post it as a gig for other new sellers!

So… you have two accounts? That’s against TOS. I don’t really understand why you would drop a rated account just to see how it would work without loyal fans hoovering up your gigs.

Seems a bit weird to me to go through all this to write yet another make money on Fiverr book.

Guest mynameisernest

TOS State:
Abuse and Spam
Multiple Accounts - To prevent fraud and abuse, users are limited to one active account. Any additional account determined to be created to circumvent guidelines, promote competitive advantages, or mislead the Fiverr community will be disabled. Mass account creation may result in disabling of all related accounts. Note: any violations to Fiverr’s Terms of Service is cause for permanent suspension of all accounts.

Accounts determined to be circumvent guidelines, promote competitive advantages, or mislead the Fiverr community will be disabled.

My account isn’t used as mentioned above, I simply want to try something new and report it to the readers on my blog. It doesn’t violate any guidelines.

And I don’t think it’s a bit weird at all that I am doing this because I have never read an eBook that explains everything about fiverr in detail like I am trying to do, so if you don’t appreciate my work please go.

OK, so what information are you going to deliver that nobody else has yet? There are dozens, if not hundreds of books about Fiverr. A lot of them are outdated, of course, so you will have the advantage of being the “freshest” guide out there. Will you then be marketing that to your fans? Is this only going to be sold on Fiverr to new sellers, or will you be doing outside promo as well? Makes sense, as you have all these fans.

I’d still disable that account, as Fiverr really is pretty strict about this stuff. I mean, I get you want to see if you can do it without an army or whatever behind you, but what are you actually going to do that’s new? Compare a successful seller to a “newb” seller and the different ways to cope with the challenges either brings? That would be a new angle, but would it help new sellers?

This is a public forum, so I’m not going anywhere, if it’s all the same to you. No need to get mad because I’m not cheering you on like everyone else! I still think what you’re doing is a bit weird, and that having a second account–you have put it on pause so no new orders are coming through, right?–is detrimental to your overall health on both. Regardless of what the TOS says about activity, you have two accounts.

You’re also telling people to PM you for external comms.

Bit of a red flag there, too. I’m just saying. We don’t know who you are, or what you say is true. What we do reasonably know is that

a) you have 2 accounts
b) you are inviting people to contact you privately for outside info
c) you chose to dump a prolific gig with effortless sales into… er, this. Whatever the actual aim is here.
d) you get rather defensive when challenged

I’m very cynical in general, mind.

Guest mynameisernest

I get your point and sorry if I’m a bit defensive but to be honest I thought I was helping the community and my loyal readers not causing problems, but anyways I’ll take your advice and stop selling on my other account.

But there’s something I do not get… what do you mean inviting people to contact me? Silberma1976 asked me a question about my blog and I answered him. Then I continued and told him that if he wants to check my blog out he can contact me for the url, right? I told him that because as I mentioned, posting outside links is considered as spam, or am I wrong?

I get what you mean, but don’t accuse of something without being sure. Thanks 🙂

Contact information… it’s just a big no-no. And you see, you were selling on your other account. That’s exactly the kind of thing that Fiverr bans all your accounts for, no questions asked.

I wasn’t accusing you without being sure–I was accusing you based on what you said and did.

Guest mynameisernest

Contact information? So contacting someone via fiverr is a big no-no? Dude what are you talking about. I can click on the contact-me button close to your icon and that would be a big no-no? Man… your determined, i’ll give you that. How is me telling him to click on my contact-me button a big no-no in any shape or form?

And yes I was selling but when do you think I created this account huh?

And also: (accounts determined to be created to circumvent guidelines, promote competitive advantages, or mislead the Fiverr community will be disabled.)

How would I get banned if I do none of the things stated above?

By the way why are you playing cop? I’ve already explained my self more than once. Can you stop arguing with me and move on? Or are you going to continue?

outside contact information.

You really are remarkably defensive. Again, it makes no sense to drop a profitable gig for an eBook in an already saturated market.

Shouldn’t you be welcoming questions that probe a bit deeper into the whys and wherefores of what you’re doing? If you’re going to be updating your journey here (i.e. this is part 1), this should really be in my fiverr story–there are no tips here.

You’re promoting your upcoming eBook with a humblebrag and you don’t like being called out on it.

Guest mynameisernest

what do you mean outside contact information?
Where did I type that?

And you bringing up the fact that I’m defensive doesn’t mean anything to be absolutely honest because you are simply enjoying the fact that your arguing with someone…

It’s useless arguing with people like you because you bring up information from no
where. Your simply looking for attention and I won’t give that to you…

I don’t want to seem as if I’m avoiding your questions so here are all the answers to the rest of them:

First of all: Yes, I am promoting an ‘‘upcoming’’ gig which keep in mind, I will finish in like 4 months and which will help people at the same time.

Second of all: Welcoming questions would just bring more people like you who can’t stop arguing about something as small as a forum post.

Third of all: I will not update it because part 2 will be the part where I provide people with my results.

Happy?

Just so you know I won’t answer you again because your just wasting both your time and mine. 🙂

Have a great day, mam. 😃

Your blog is outside contact. You probably have personal contact links there, right? Email, contact form, whatever. As it’s a blog, it’s probably monetized in some way or other, with an e mail l ist and all the rest of it. That’s pure assumption, however. Either way, inviting people to contact you so you can give them a link is inviting outside contact, which, just like your two profiles, violates TOS.

1. So you’re doing this experiment for 4 months only? I would assume that it would be easier just to go back to the more successful gig waiting in the wings afterwards. What original thoughts do you hope to garner from 4 months of “normal” Fiverr usage?

2. I’m asking questions, you’re arguing and shutting down debate with emoticons. Nice.

3). Well, that’s kinda contradictory, but fine. Going back to 1), if you’re just going to be doing this the regular way without fanboys, there’s not going to be much to update. Just a bunch of rehashed tips. I predict the only original insight will be along the lines of “I did better when I traded my corner of online fame for work”

Enjoy the sycophants! Don’t you find that only talking with yes-men gets dull? I mean, that’s ostensibly the reason you’re doing this radical experiment.

I shall be following you with some interest. I wish you luck, but I still think this whole experiment is weird.

It’s a shame this fell off the front page, isn’t it? Anyway, I just wanted to point this out. I was waiting for you to respond but you were true to your word. That’s a good thing. However,

I don’t want to seem as if I’m avoiding your questions so here are all the answers to the rest of them…[secondly]: welcoming questions would just bring more people like you who can’t stop arguing about something as small as a forum post.

I have a new theory. Your profile pic is stolen. Fine, you’re “undercover”. What if you’re just plain lying? You’re a successful blogger who magically has lots of sales from the first day. Why didn’t Fiverr notice? Nice tech blog, reach out to the demographic. No. You’re just starting afresh, anew, adefensively. You can’t avoid my questions while admitting you don’t want them.

This experiment is weird, because it’s not real. I put it to you that you are manufacturing “buzz” and are annoyed because it’s not working out like the book told you. You are allegedly successful in one arena. Now you’re just going to invisibly throw away your new “false” success away for “new” success, while simultaneously coming on the forum to bag it with your, ya know, new fame poverty–and then get incredibly defensive when challenged?

What is your book going to include? Seriously. I asked you this question already and… “can’t stop arguing about something as small as a forum post”. Oh, keep that ego in check.

Anyway, I’ll keep this on the front page with my thoughts as they come to me. You’re welcome to ignore me. Did you know that forum posts get indexed like, crazily often? Neat tidbit there.

Maybe you are just challenging yourself. But why do we have to hear this brainfart? This isn’t your manicured blog. It’s a dumb forum.

Archived