Professional sounding title for job

alliemadison12

Have you ever noticed that many people with simple jobs have professional sounding job titles? For example, someone who sells seo services can be an "online marketer?"

Well, what is a professional way to describe my job, which is making videos on Fiverr? When someone asks what I do, I’d love to have an “official” sounding job title rather than saying “Oh, I make videos online.” On an application, I am not sure how I would write my job.

I’d especially love to hear how other video makers on Fiverr describe to people what they do!

Thanks!

hmmm! Ive asked myself this same question before! I suppose it could fall into the category of “endorsed actor.” Or something along those lines. I actually searched “Testimonial” in Wikipedia.org, and there was a mention of Fiverr.com in the “customer testimonials” section. Thought that was pretty cool! Im curious to know what other people say!

cassysailermoon said: I say I'm a self- employed entrepreneur freelancer.

Cassy,

I mean this with the best intensions but you're using doublespeak. I'm going to break this down for you:

Self-employed: simply means you work for yourself. Nothing wrong with that!

Freelancer: a person who is self-employed and is not committed to a particular employer long term, same thing.

Entrepreneur: a person who organizes and operates a business or businesses, taking on greater than normal financial risks in order to do so.

Do you honestly own a business, do you have an actually business license, or even a LLC? I don't mean this to sound rude at all, since I don't know you I'm simply stating these questions for you to answer for yourself.

To better explain myself, the word “entrepreneur” is one of the most over used terms in the English language today. It's the most overused word used on Linkedin and has been for the past two years, it doesn't set you apart from anyone else because millions of people are using this term when they're actually aren't.

It's so bad that now most people now see this buzzword as something that everyone tries to use to set themselves apart, when in realize they know it just a bunch of hot air. No many people own a business and are actual entrepreneurs.

Forbes even wrote an article on these overused words and stated that CEO and business leaders see this word wonder is people know they "actually know they're full of it". Many news and media have talked about just how bad it is for an individual as a way to make themselves unique, because it's overused SO much. Again, this is only to help you! I have no idea what you do, or is you have a business (obviously) but I just wanted to let you know you may want to reconsider your own job description. There are other titles to better explain what you do to, and how you do it!

Hope this little bit of information helps you even in the slightest way! :)

The most closely matched description for what you do (video testimonials, etc.) would be: commercial actress.

Commercial: Advertising, paid messages in newspapers, magazines, flyers, billboards, and paid announcements over various media outlets (social, news, radio, etc.)

Actress: is a person who acts in a dramatic or comic production and works in film, television, theatre, or radio.

Commercial is another professional way of saying general, and means it’s the most popular among consumers. Examples: Commercial Real Estate, Commercial Driver, Commercial Property.

You are an actress! That title still holds true if you’re freelancing (which Fiverr is a freelance providing platform) or signed with an agency providing a selection of commercial actresses for potential clients to choice from. You’ve basically taken away the middle man (the agency). Hope that helps! 🙂

Archived