Profile rules for small businesses

klimparry

Hi,

I have just joined Fiverr and want to set up a profile that showcases our business expertise.

There are four of us who will be working as a team, so I would like to introduce all of us and all of our skills in our account profile.

Is this allowed?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Andy

Suggest you read the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page for the rules as to how Fiverr works. Everything is explained in detail there.

Also check out: https://support.fiverr.com/ for how to get started on Fiverr.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I had read the Terms of Service before posting my question, though the ToS are not particularly clear in this case.

The only thing I can see that is relevant is under Non-Permitted Usage -> Authentic Fiverr Profile, which states “You may not create a false identity on Fiverr, misrepresent your identity, create a Fiverr profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), …”.

As the profile I want to create is genuine and would represent a legal business entity, which in UK law is treated as “a real person”, this clause is ambiguous.

Can you please confirm that in the case of the Fiverr ToS, “a real person” refers to the biological state and not the legal state? If so, does this mean that bona fide, multi-person businesses are not allowed on Fiverr?

Kind regards,

Andy

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I had read the Terms of Service before posting my question, though the ToS are not particularly clear in this case.

The only thing I can see that is relevant is under Non-Permitted Usage -> Authentic Fiverr Profile, which states “You may not create a false identity on Fiverr, misrepresent your identity, create a Fiverr profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), …”.

As the profile I want to create is genuine and would represent a legal business entity, which in UK law is treated as “a real person”, this clause is ambiguous.

Can you please confirm that in the case of the Fiverr ToS, “a real person” refers to the biological state and not the legal state? If so, does this mean that bona fide, multi-person businesses are not allowed on Fiverr?

Kind regards,

Andy

We are just buyers and sellers on the forum.

For further clarification as to the interpretation of the Terms of Service suggest you contact Customer Support.

Here is the link: https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new

We are just buyers and sellers on the forum.

For further clarification as to the interpretation of the Terms of Service suggest you contact Customer Support.

Here is the link: https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new

Thanks again for taking the time to help with this.

I assumed that Fiverr support would also be active in the forums.

I’ll take your advice and contact support directly.

Many thanks,

Andy

Archived