Promoted gigs are not worth it

visualstudios

For some it works great … making 5 times more than you actually pay for those clicks is good in my opinion , I had a a few time wasters from those clicks though which was a bit upsetting but other than that it’s ok

making 5 times more than you actually pay for those clicks is good in my opinion

Not really, because you have to do the work. You already pay 20% to Fiverr. If you are paying $1 in promotion to get $4 per $5 worth of orders, that’s another 20%. So, in practice, you are paying $2 for every $4 you make. That’s 50%.

• Like 11

For me it works great

Doing the math on your revenue / orders, that’s an average of $55 per order. Maybe it works for that. For $500+ gigs, I just don’t see it happening. If your math checks out, I would have to pay more than $100 to get a single order (with no guarantees). No thanks.

On top of that, you can’t know if those people who ordered through promoted gigs wouldn’t end up ordering from you anyway, for free. It’s not like you don’t appear in the search at all if you don’t pay. It’s impossible to know which orders you only got due to promotion, so the ratio is even worse.

Even if it works as you said, for every $5 worth of orders, you’ll be making $4 (20% comission), and you’ll be paying an extra $1 for the promotion (1:5 ratio). That’s equivalent to making $3 out of every $5. How would you feel if Fiverr charged 40% commission instead of 20%? Because in practice, mathematically, that’s what it is (assuming the 1:5 ratio).

Not to mention the potential for abuse - you are paying per click. Anyone can go and keep clicking on your ads, making you pay, with no intention to ever order. Someone doesn’t like you? Make 10 bot buyer accounts and keep clicking your promoted gigs. If the payment was done per order placed, then it would make sense, paying per click is just too risky and prone to exploitation.

There’s no lead qualification either - you can’t say “promote this gig only to people willing to spend $xxxx+”. Fiverr will show it to pretty much anyone, and you can get people with a $5 budget wasting your money by clicking on your $1000 gig out of curiosity that, of course, they will never order.

• Like 11

Doing the math on your revenue / orders, that’s an average of $55 per order. Maybe it works for that. For $500+ gigs, I just don’t see it happening. If your math checks out, I would have to pay more than $100 to get a single order (with no guarantees). No thanks.

On top of that, you can’t know if those people who ordered through promoted gigs wouldn’t end up ordering from you anyway, for free. It’s not like you don’t appear in the search at all if you don’t pay. It’s impossible to know which orders you only got due to promotion, so the ratio is even worse.

Even if it works as you said, for every $5 worth of orders, you’ll be making $4 (20% comission), and you’ll be paying an extra $1 for the promotion (1:5 ratio). That’s equivalent to making $3 out of every $5. How would you feel if Fiverr charged 40% commission instead of 20%? Because in practice, mathematically, that’s what it is (assuming the 1:5 ratio).

Not to mention the potential for abuse - you are paying per click. Anyone can go and keep clicking on your ads, making you pay, with no intention to ever order. Someone doesn’t like you? Make 10 bot buyer accounts and keep clicking your promoted gigs. If the payment was done per order placed, then it would make sense, paying per click is just too risky and prone to exploitation.

There’s no lead qualification either - you can’t say “promote this gig only to people willing to spend $xxxx+”. Fiverr will show it to pretty much anyone, and you can get people with a $5 budget wasting your money by clicking on your $1000 gig out of curiosity that, of course, they will never order.

So I think “promoted gig” is perfect for those who’re not getting any order or gig is de ranked.

If you’re Top rated seller or gig is already in first page so what do need to promote gig 😉

• Like 12

• 2 years later...

Here is a screenshot of my experience below 👇

I was lucky enough to get one person that had many orders for me and from finding me from the promoted gigs was able to get quite a bit of money from what I spent. I also got a few other orders from promoted gigs. 

My experience has been that promoting gigs to get a few extra sales when needed is great. Even though I am technically making less from the order since I had to spend a little to get it, I wouldn't have had that order in the first place if it wasn't for Fiverr Promoted Gigs. 

A few tips for anyone:

1. If you see that someone is clicking on your gigs because they don't like you, simply blocking them or contacting Fiverr support will most likely fix the issue. 

2. Make sure you daily budget isn't too low. If your daily budget is only $1, understand that you can't get a ton of new people as you are paying CPC so if a few people click your gig in the morning and your budget is spent, there will be no more messages for the rest of the day. Fiverr "recommends" a certain amount, usually $3-5 however you can go a little lower if you want. 

3. If you get a few repeat clients from Promoted Gigs, you can simply turn off Promoted Gigs and you keep those buyers without having to pay more. 

Overall, for me Fiverr Promoted Gigs has been a good experience. 

ad.PNG

• Like 8

On 7/20/2023 at 8:20 PM, adrian_1976 said:

Here is a screenshot of my experience below 👇

I was lucky enough to get one person that had many orders for me and from finding me from the promoted gigs was able to get quite a bit of money from what I spent. I also got a few other orders from promoted gigs. 

My experience has been that promoting gigs to get a few extra sales when needed is great. Even though I am technically making less from the order since I had to spend a little to get it, I wouldn't have had that order in the first place if it wasn't for Fiverr Promoted Gigs. 

A few tips for anyone:

1. If you see that someone is clicking on your gigs because they don't like you, simply blocking them or contacting Fiverr support will most likely fix the issue. 

2. Make sure you daily budget isn't too low. If your daily budget is only $1, understand that you can't get a ton of new people as you are paying CPC so if a few people click your gig in the morning and your budget is spent, there will be no more messages for the rest of the day. Fiverr "recommends" a certain amount, usually $3-5 however you can go a little lower if you want. 

3. If you get a few repeat clients from Promoted Gigs, you can simply turn off Promoted Gigs and you keep those buyers without having to pay more. 

Overall, for me Fiverr Promoted Gigs has been a good experience. 

ad.PNG

How much it costs you to for one click?

• Like 8