Promoting Other Sellers' Gigs

magellon

I wanted to buy a Gig offering to drive traffic to a website. Innocently I requested to have this traffic sent to one of my Gigs and got a reply from the seller that it is against the ToS to directly promote Fiverr’s links. I went through the ToS and couldn’t find anything like that. Is the seller right? Thanks for your answers. :-/

"Sellers advertising their Gig online must comply with laws and terms of service of the advertising platform or relevant website used to advertise. Failing to do so may result in removal of the Gig and may lead to the suspension of seller’s account."

Directly from the TOS of Fiverr. I can’t imagine it would be AGAINST the rules if it specifically has this paragraph in their TOS? If you end up asking CS on this, do let me know. I planned on marketing my gigs online on various advertising platforms and if it is in some manner against the TOS I would like to know about it.

However, as I do a lot of varieties of SEO work, it is in a lot of cases required for a lot of various promotional methods that you own the domain in itself and the rights for any kind of submissions anywhere.

Just got a reply from CS: “Although it’s not mentioned in our Terms of Service, something like that is not allowed.”.

I might not understand well, but to me it would mean that we are not allowed to promote our own Gigs outside of Fiverr to create traffic :-/

I’m reading a FAQ from Kevin here which says:

"How can I draw in more sales to my Gig?

A great way to get your Gig some attention is by promoting it on your social networks. Share it with your Facebook friends and LinkedIn connections, post updates on your gig on Twitter, have it appear in blogs. To do that, after you create your Gig click on the Share buttons found at the top of the page. - See more at: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/11298/fiverr-faq-sellers#sthash.hHzOc4UJ.dpuf"

I’m confused now 😮

Archived