Promoting your gig on Buyer Request Forum? Don\'t

adkafridi

I have seen many sellers promoting their gigs/profiles on Buyer request forums…

Following are reasons why Sellers should not use Buyer request forum for promoting their gigs…

1. Its a Buyer request Forum which means Buyers only post their requests on that forum and then wait for sellers to respond on their requests. It means buyers will not read your post on that forum.

2. Instead of creating that request, you can go to that forum and spend time in looking at different requests and write them what you can do. There’s a high chance of receiving order if you write customized responses to the requests. According to my own experience, I receive orders 1 out of 5 time I respond on buyer’s requests.

3. If by chance, a Buyer see your post and want to look at what services you offer, they will not be able to visit your profile. Try contacting other sellers on that forum who promotes their gigs and you’ll understand how difficult it is to contact such sellers on that forum.

So lets use that forum in way it is designed for 🙂

Goodluck
Adnan

Good advice, but I’m not sure that the ones who do it will read your post.
And I guess I would one more point: by trying to promote yourself in that section you risk to receive a dozen of useless for you offers sent by sellers.

Honestly,Fiverr to me is all about delivering the best of what you can offer. But such seller misuse the Platform because of desperation and anxiety. I suppose Fiverr as a company have to stop granting seller from posting and create another promotional channel for seller to demonstrate there skills since there description pages on there account is not enough.
But don’t blame them is all about making money,but to me when excellence is your watch words in everything you do,buyers will always queue for your service.
Sellers,make excellence your watchword,my candid advice!

Guest copywritingetc

Sellers need to realize that the short term exposure is not worth losing the buyer’s trust and violating the Fiverr TOS.

Guest de_mocca

oh no, is this true ? I’d spend my times to send offers to buyer from buyer request, is this worth for me as a seller ?

• 4 weeks later...

This is annoying to see all those posting their offers in Buyer’s request. If this continues, no buyer will post its requirement, and that will be hard for new sellers to sell their services. So, Fiverr needs to take steps against all those offers by sellers in buyer’s request section and remove all those irritating stuff. I am also a new seller, I also sent offers to the buyer’s request but after 2 days of creating my gig, I hardly saw any buyer’s request, there were seller’s requests all around. Please Fiverr remove all those requests.

That’s interesting. I just started on here a few days ago and I had wondered why so many sellers were using a clearly labeled buyer’s space for promotion. It’s quite frustrating for an upstarter. I’m constantly deleting/removing them and refreshing the page to get the real bids in.

I’m new to Fiverr and everyone seems to say that going to Buyer Requests is a really good way to get started. It is really frustrating when I go there to try to offer my services to people and only see seller’s advertising. I think that once newer people see that advertising is popular they start doing it too and it just has a really negative domino effect.

Archived