Fiverr Forum

Pros and Cons of the new Fiverr level metrics

i wrote 6 days instead of 60 days. #typos

yes i think that they should measure the sellers’ metrics on more than just 60 days. Ok if they want to cut down the time from "lifetime data’ to something smaller for reasons like relevance and server load … but they could also count it based something like your last 500 or 1,000 orders. that way no single order can take you down so much as to kill you off a whole level, just because you had a low traffic month. especially when most sellers rely on fiverr to bring you that trickle of targeted traffic.

and the ones that bring lots of traffic to their own fiverr pages… guess what? they’re usually the worst sellers, selling bad quality “traffic” and that sort of stuff. and again, because of the robotization of the system, these kind of sneaky tricksters now have the run of the roost, and that’s just sad.

I’m already seeing more low quality gigs rise above some great gigs that got demoted. It’s sad. And it’s another stain on Fiverr’s history. Hopefully they’ll get the message and improve Fiverr again.

Most of my interactions with their CS have been awful. If I ask something simple they reply with a decent response, but every time the issue is a bit more complicated they can’t find the right template. :slight_smile:

However, as I said before I don’t blame the agents. It’s probably lack of funding and that starts from the management. Now that they increased the service fee I do hope that the funding will improve and in a few months we might see improvements such as chat support

Yeah, we can always hope. And I ain’t waitin’ up nights for it to happen, neither.

I agree with you both. I still use fiver as my main means of business. I do some work on other websites, for psychics because that’s what I do, so I can tell you what the difference between customer service actually feels like. On the other side that I work for customer service feels like someone is actually helping you. On fiver it feels like they’re giving you canned responses. If they don’t have the power to change anything or actually help me, why have them answer emails at all?

Here’s the other thing, you can be verified professional and your levels won’t drop. You could have flashy look in gigs and produce crap stuff, but not get penalized. How is that fair? And how was thay providing people with a good product? I mean just because it’s overpriced doesn’t make it any better than some of the other services that cost less

Oh, and one last thing before I get off the soapbox. I’ve noticed that sellers in my category aren’t listed as professionals. There are others that use computer generated product and get top rated seller with inferior product. And then there are those like me that actually do the work and end up with lower levels .

Like I said, I don’t think they care as long as they get their money

This is a very interesting post.
Most of them have been discussed previously, but seeing them all together seems like it is all mess up.

Do you have any ideas to improve the list of issues mentioned above?
Or any proposal on how to avoid them?

Either I agree with them or not, it would be interesting knowing your approach to solve them.

the reviews are monthly, giving you the chance to climb as quickly as possible (again, in theory)

Except if they reduce your level and you get shown about 0 Buyer Requests and that was what you relied on for orders that doesn’t make it easy to climb up the levels quickly.

If they also prevent you from creating a new gig without first deleting an existing one (instead of just pausing one) that also doesn’t let you climb up the levels/get orders if you had a good idea for a gig or if a specific new gig was being asked for by buyer(s).

What they could do is show an information page when you clicked on something like “more info” next to the the response rate stat. That information page could show you how the response rate was calculated - ie. it could show the total number of messages you received in the last 60 days, the total replied to and not replied to and a scrollable list of the messages not replied to (and maybe the ones you did reply to).

Doing the above would inform the user as well as mean they have the answer without having to go to CS (assuming the stats/info shown is correct).

I agree with your idea, though I would change it to 3.5 and 4.5 as I find it 3, way to low and 4.8, not bad, just a little bit high.

I didn’t get to understand this. Can you, please, explain?

This is what kills it for me. Already complained about it back in November 2017. And the fact that, 9 months later, nothing has been done to solve it… is a big, big disappointment.

Sure - have a look here: Which One's Correct? and Problems with ratings

Sorry for quoting myself BTW.

From what I read from your links, I guess maybe the problem lies only on the displaying of the values (there must be a bug related to handling numbers and displaying them in different places) and not, or at least it shouldn’t be, in the calculating process for that HAS to be one and just one (centralized data collection).

That’s pretty damning from you @torrelles. In my opinion, you are No.1 for VO’s on Fiverr.

I did reply more in-length to this thread but my post is still pending moderation. - My bad for mentioning a few alt Fiverr sites. However my beef with St Levels and other changes is that it does not benefit good buyers or good sellers in any way.

I was scraping 4.8 a month ago. Now I am considered a 5-star seller. My quality of service has not chjanged in any way. All that has changed is the fact that fewer orders mean I have received fewer buggy 4.7 star reviews and fewer orders for things like website design which I do not offer and have to cancel because of this.

The only people St.Levels benefits are scam sellers who can deliver questionable SEO services etc in seconds and who should have been shown the door years ago.

There could be multiple numeric fields in multiple tables. Some could be calculated incorrectly (or rounded in different ways) from other fields. I don’t think it has to be just an error in rounding for display. It could be differences in rounding when calculating then storing a particular field’s value.

That’s why I said that at least it shouldn’t be a problem related with the calculation process itself as it (the calculation process) HAS to be just one and that one is the one to be considered by Fiverr for whatever Fiverr needs it. (Excuse my tongue twister :flushed:) and the problem must lie somewhere else handling the numbers that are taken from the main gathering and collection table.

There can be one calculation process to determine whether a person’s level will be increased or decreased, but that could be based on tables/fields that were calculated and stored earlier (eg. at the time a review was entered, at the time an order was completed, etc.) that were stored/rounded incorrectly. So although there may be one set of calculations for checking whether to increase/decrease levels, that calculation may be affected by any incorrectly stored (such as incorrectly rounded then stored) fields already in the system.

Yes, that could also be a reason. :slightly_smiling_face:

for of new fiverr level metrics i think it is best for all the designers.it give the same chance of being rated for all levels.before this level metrics only top rated sellers have the good potential buyers. but if a level2 or level1 seller that have great professional skills but can’t reach out to that buyers…after this metrics the one who has good skills will reach to the potential buyers and have lots of work…

Getting back on topic to the actual Fiverr level metrics, these have just turned Fiverr into a trainwreck.

A month ago, I was scraping 4.8 for customer satisfaction. This was due to a run of 4.7 buggy reviews left by people rating my services via the Fiverr app. Today I’m up to 5-stars. Did my quality of service improve over the past 60-days? No. I just received fewer orders and turned away all buyers who seemed the slightest bit iffy.

Given the above and the fact that sellers suffer thanks to impossible to counter cancellations etc, what do current ratings actually tell buyers? Answer = Absolutely nothing.

Monthly levels and now the new 60-day review counts, make it harder for buyers to find reputable sellers and more difficult for reputable sellers to compete against fly by night scammers. Worse, they leave the Fiverr search looking like a search a bottom of the barrel Fiverr copycat site like Gigbucks.

I am serious about that last point.

Fiverr has driven through so many schizophrenic changes, that using the site (as a buyer or sellers) for the first time now looks and feels like using a Fiverr copycat site.

First, there are the lists of gigs. Then there are all the gigs listed with 1-20 reviews if they’re lucky. What does that tell buyers and prospective sellers? Put simply, it says: “Well this looks a bit naff. No one is selling anything. This must just e that cheap and nasty site I heard the guys from PPH talking about.”

FiverrUp:

At FiverrUp, freelancers have hardly any reviews and using the search is a needle in a haystack. But guess what? The price you see is the price you pay! What a crazy idea.

Gigbucks:

Using Gigbucks, aka the inspiration behind Fiverr’s new category search, is also like trying to find a needle in a haystack. More importantly, on both platforms I can safely say that buyers don’t rush to buy services for three main reasoins:

• The level systems seem to mean nothing
  • Apparently, long-established sellers have a maximum of 1-20 reviews
  • The searches seem to give preference to new sellers with few to zero reviews

Thankfully, the real Fiverr offers… Oh, wait a minute…

The level system, bugs, poor CS support, and the current experiment with only showing reviews from the past 60-days, does not benefit buyers in any way. If anything, all these changes deter people from spending a dime by completely subtracting social proof from established seller scorecards.

On new Fiverr, everyone is a newbie and now has to struggle to maintain their status as a newbie. - Unless they flog dodgy SEO services which can be delivered in under an hour.

Think about that for a second. Fiverr has literally gone to lengths to emulate the look, feel, and perceivable trust level of its most bottom of the barrel competitors.

It’s just blooming nasty.