Fiverr Community Forum

Pseudonyms are fraud attempts?

Hello everyone. I hope you are safe.
I was recently in doubt. The Terms of Service condemn false names, right? But what is the scope of this rule? Are pseudonyms wrong and fanciful names (like LoveArt, for example) are allowed?
I researched this, but the more I read, the more doubts arise, lol.
Thank you for your reading time.

I’m don’t know the exact answer to your question, but there’s lots of sellers on Fiverr who don’t put their real names and they haven’t gotten warnings or account restrictions.

In my opinion, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with not putting your real name because if you have an unusual name, people can easily search you up and a lot of personal information!

4 Likes

Authentic Fiverr Profile - You may not create a false identity on Fiverr, misrepresent your identity, create a Fiverr profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another user’s account or information; Your profile information, including your description, skills, location, etc., while may be kept anonymous, must be accurate and complete and may not be misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. Fiverr reserves the right to require users to go through a verification process in order to use the Site (whether by using ID, phone, camera, etc.).

The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Your username doesn’t have to be your real name.

6 Likes

I agree with you, but what concerns me is the following excerpt from Fiverr’s Community Standards:
“Misleading profile information: Do not post a fake name, location, gender or photo in your user profile.”.
Well, if a pseudonym is not considered a real name, then would it be false and would it be against the rules? I don’t even want to imagine using a name like “Barbara Dias” (fictitious name) and showing a document with “Samantha Costa” in identity verification. Would the CS punish? Many questions, I think I need to stop thinking.

That refers to your real name.

You can use a different username.

5 Likes