Fiverr Forum

Psychic Readings/prayers on fiverr?! [ARCHIVED]

HOW ON EARTH is this possible?! And to boot, the sellers are getting tons of orders and positive reviews. I am not saying that psychics are bull, but how come so many people order these gigs? And what prompts them to review so highly? I can’t imagine that every reading is accurate.
Also, I have seen gigs that basically light a candle or send good vibes to the buyer-again great reviews and tons of orders. Not for nothing, but I could do the same thing-I would love to send good vibes out to people via the internet, especially for $5…well…$4…
any insight?!

Open your mind wolferton. People are making money doing all sorts of stuff. I discovered I can read people from a picture and have been doing it for years. I just started charging for it on fiverr and I have nothing but great reviews.

Psychic readings and prayer are the world’s oldest form of therapy. Some folks are more comfortable with those than the clinical kind. (I like both.) People buy what they have a desire and need for … and that’s all there is to it.

wolferton said: but I could do the same thing-I would love to send good vibes out to people via the internet, especially for $5...well...$4..
any insight?!

If you'd love to do it, why not? If you want to sell and people want to buy, it should go well. :)

I echo your thoughts XD I once wondered why these gigs are so popular too,

but I guess if people get peace of mind and happiness or ease of burden, it’s good for them and i’m glad they can find it through those gigs :slight_smile:

Praying for somebody has to be one of the easiest gigs to fake ever! Anybody could say they will pray for you, but who tells you they are really doing it? Do they provide proof? A video praying for you maybe? The ones I’ve seen don’t provide anything!

Reply to @kjblynx:

Same here. :stuck_out_tongue:

Reply to @kjblynx: Ditto! But every time I feel almost cynical enough to make a gig like that, I realize I just don’t have it in me to con people, no matter how much I could use the money.

Reply to @celticmoon: XD yes! That’s very true for me too. Just want to make an honest living XP

Reply to @celticmoon: It looks like you’re kind of religious - isn’t your avatar of the FSM?

:slight_smile:

Reply to @typingservice: I’ve been caught out! ~lol~ Of course, the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is more a non-church…or an all-church? I just made that FSM as a special order which I actually just delivered a couple hours ago (non-Fiverr, although it could certainly be arranged!) and I enjoyed how it came out, hence the profile photo. I’ve already decided I need to make another one for me~

Are you a Pastafarian? Have YOU been touched by the noodly appendage?

:wink:

celticmoon said: Reply to @typingservice: I've been caught out! ~lol~ Of course, the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is more a non-church....or an all-church? I just made that FSM as a special order which I actually just delivered a couple hours ago (non-Fiverr, although it could certainly be arranged!) and I enjoyed how it came out, hence the profile photo. I've already decided I need to make another one for me~

It's so cute! You might be able to sell a lot of them if you advertised on the church website. They also have a forum - just one category it would fit in would be FSM Sightings on the Internet.

Maybe you should give FSM His own gig? :)
celticmoon said: Are you a Pastafarian? Have YOU been touched by the noodly appendage?

Well, no. Although, I do like spaghetti and have celebrated Talk Like A Pirate Day...

Reply to @typingservice: You are so right! I don;t think it would be a con if you actually do it. I can totally spare some extra vibes. But I really do wonder about the psychics. I get readings done, don’t get me wrong, but they aren’t always accurate, so I don’t see how they can get so many positive reviews!

Reply to @wolferton: It’s possible that a lot of people give positive reviews if they somehow feel a little better after consulting a psychic. They’re frequently just basing the feedback on how the psychic made them feel, as the accuracy of the reading is oftentimes still an unknown. I don’t know for sure - Maybe a lot of people are just happy with some friendly guidance and encouragement.

Few days ago I saw a gig where the seller was casting a spell for changing eye color. So if you want to change the color of your eyes, you can do it for just $5 with this spell. The funniest thing was that the gig had few positive reviews…

Reply to @clixess: That’s so funny. I went to go find it and got distracted. Instead, I found a seller offering to cast a spell that will make the buyer pregnant. She or he had two 5-star ratings from the same buyer that said - "outstanding experience!"

Maybe she had twins. :slight_smile:

Or none at all. Just enjoyed the “experience”

Does it really matter? People have diferrent beliefs and like throwin’ their money at stuff they like.

I have learned this the past few months, People like believing on those things and we have no control over how they will spend their money, they wanna get scammed? Its their problem. Who cares , They know what theyre buyin’ and if they dont know then its their fault, their money wasted , not mine.

Thats just my opinion.

Reply to @typingservice:

AHA! I was reading this thread and wishing I could make money from one of these type gigs. (I do believe in some degree of ability people could have but I’m a cynic at the same time, which is weird.)

Now that you mentioned Celticmoon and the FSM I have plenty of new ideas! Maybe I could start a religion and offer spiritual counseling. How about the Church of Bibliophiles? I could preach about my favorite books and send my sermons to my buyers. LOL

An average psychic reading costs between $30-$75 so naturally, if someone can get one for just $5 they are gonna order and they are gonna come back often.