Public Fiverr API?

posho

I’ve been working on new methods to streamline my work process and deliveries so I looked up if a Fiverr API is available and couldn’t find anything.

What are the chances that someday we could get access to a public Fiverr API?

It’s hard to say what the chances are. Maybe the chances might be higher if quite a lot of people requested it and if they could see a lot of benefit to it. Maybe the benefits (to Fiverr and sellers) could be shown. Maybe you could request it to Fiverr support.

It’s hard to say what the chances are. Maybe the chances might be higher if quite a lot of people requested it and if they could see a lot of benefit to it. Maybe the benefits (to Fiverr and sellers) could be shown. Maybe you could request it to Fiverr support.

I think it could be very beneficial to sellers. Just from the top of my head if you had access to only your seller data you could pull statistics, automatize folders in your PC (have “Active” and “Archived” folders) that manage themselves, send deliveries with the push of a button.

Even if the majority of sellers don’t know how to use APIs, you just know that others will sell accessible tools on the platform.

I don’t know if this topic is big enough to bug Fiverr support about it though.

I think it could be very beneficial to sellers. Just from the top of my head if you had access to only your seller data you could pull statistics, automatize folders in your PC (have “Active” and “Archived” folders) that manage themselves, send deliveries with the push of a button.

Even if the majority of sellers don’t know how to use APIs, you just know that others will sell accessible tools on the platform.

I don’t know if this topic is big enough to bug Fiverr support about it though.

For bugs when they’ve confirmed it’s a bug they say they’ll pass it on to the developers (and that they’ll get back to the ticket when it’s fixed).

What you could do is create some document suggesting it and showing some of the benefits of it and maybe ask if they would pass the suggestion on to the developers. Maybe it would need authorization from someone higher up before they actually created it but maybe the developers could pass the suggestion on the people who would authorize the creation of the public API. It could be suggested in a support ticket or just through the support@fiverr.com email maybe.

Fiverr staff might read this section but I think suggesting it to support in a way that they wouldn’t need to do anything other than pass the suggestion on to the developers (with the document that could be attached to the ticket showing all the benefits to sellers and Fiverr) might give a higher chance of it being done or seen currently (since currently there’s not much staff involvement in the existing forum threads).

For bugs when they’ve confirmed it’s a bug they say they’ll pass it on to the developers (and that they’ll get back to the ticket when it’s fixed).

What you could do is create some document suggesting it and showing some of the benefits of it and maybe ask if they would pass the suggestion on to the developers. Maybe it would need authorization from someone higher up before they actually created it but maybe the developers could pass the suggestion on the people who would authorize the creation of the public API. It could be suggested in a support ticket or just through the support@fiverr.com email maybe.

Fiverr staff might read this section but I think suggesting it to support in a way that they wouldn’t need to do anything other than pass the suggestion on to the developers (with the document that could be attached to the ticket showing all the benefits to sellers and Fiverr) might give a higher chance of it being done or seen currently (since currently there’s not much staff involvement in the existing forum threads).

I might write up a neat pitch sometime when I’m free. Worst case scenario is that it’ll go straight to the shredder. :man_shrugging:

I might write up a neat pitch sometime when I’m free. Worst case scenario is that it’ll go straight to the shredder. :man_shrugging:

You could also add it in a forum thread too as well as give it to support. Maybe it could get quite a lot of interest from forum users once they see the benefits. Maybe with a poll asking whether they would want that feature.

You could also add it in a forum thread too as well as give it to support. Maybe it could get quite a lot of interest from forum users once they see the benefits. Maybe with a poll asking whether they would want that feature.

Ooh, that’s a great idea! Now you’re getting me hyped up for this. 🙂

I sincerely doubt they will.

Fiverr likes to have a very tight control over what sellers can see and share.

I think they have particular reasons for keeping our analytics so bare.

I don’t know about the others, but if it were just me, all I would want in an API is the very same info we are already able to see on the regular website but to be accessible through endpoints to help build automation on my behalf.

As for the tight control, with a well-made API that requires something like an OAuth access token for an user, they could control exactly who sees what.

Archived