Public fiverr payment Orders - Quite Intrusive

pebble85

• image removed

Anybody notice if you click and ‘View as a Buyer’ you can see the seller and what kind of cash they are generating?

I’m hoping there is a feature to switch this off because I find it quite intrusive and I do not want to encourage copycats.

Discuss

It’s not showing for me, either on “view as buyer” or “Incognito.” I don’t have an issue with this in principle though, as it helps to set expectations with buyers on what others have paid, and what they can expect to pay.

I can see why others might feel it’s an invasion of privacy, but for me, the expectation of rates outweighs that. YMMV.

It’s not showing for me, either on “view as buyer” or “Incognito.” I don’t have an issue with this in principle though, as it helps to set expectations with buyers on what others have paid, and what they can expect to pay.

I can see why others might feel it’s an invasion of privacy, but for me, the expectation of rates outweighs that. YMMV.

I feel it’s causing more copycats to low ball me, I guess we will see. However, It would be nice to have the option to sensor this info though, wouldn’t you think?

I get the feeling that you can see this info if you’re level two seller or something, I have a friend who isn’t a seller that cannot see that information and also a friend who is a top rated seller that can see how much i’ve earned (and vice versa)

Thank you for the reply.

I feel it’s causing more copycats to low ball me, I guess we will see. However, It would be nice to have the option to sensor this info though, wouldn’t you think?

I get the feeling that you can see this info if you’re level two seller or something, I have a friend who isn’t a seller that cannot see that information and also a friend who is a top rated seller that can see how much i’ve earned (and vice versa)

Thank you for the reply.

We have already discussed about that a few days ago on the forum. Some top rated seller can’t see that information.

I tried to search the forum, any chance you can link me to the discussion?

favicon.icoFiverr Forum
33970fad05237195efeebbfbda10afeb34f4218d_1_675x500.JPG

Now everybody can see the amount of your sells

I was on vacation for a few days and when I came back I noticed that we can see the amount of other sellers orders when someone leave a review. What do you think about that ? I really don’t understand what it is useful for ! I do not know if...

Reading time: 9 mins ? Likes: 239 ❤

prix.JPG.89fbd8583ca8aa7ae36d352c0ea126e1.JPG

• image removed

Anybody notice if you click and ‘View as a Buyer’ you can see the seller and what kind of cash they are generating?

I’m hoping there is a feature to switch this off because I find it quite intrusive and I do not want to encourage copycats.

Discuss

Yeah, it probably has pros and cons for different people and buyers.

It’s not showing for me, either on “view as buyer” or “Incognito.

You look like a guy who used to be on the forum quite a lot

Yeah, it probably has pros and cons for different people and buyers.

It’s not showing for me, either on “view as buyer” or “Incognito.

It’s been crazy the last few months, sadly not much time for forum shenanigans! I still love you all though…

as it helps to set expectations with buyers on what others have paid, and what they can expect to pay.

Potential buyers can see your prices on your gig page. They don’t need to see how much other buyers have paid to know your prices.

If your prices are 50 - 100 - 150 and a potential buyer see that another client paid 125, he will imagine that the other client had a discount and he will ask a discount. If you say no, he will go and hire another seller.

Since I have discovered this new feature I can’t understand how it can help our business. If someone can explain me I would be really happy !

as it helps to set expectations with buyers on what others have paid, and what they can expect to pay.

Potential buyers can see your prices on your gig page. They don’t need to see how much other buyers have paid to know your prices.

If your prices are 50 - 100 - 150 and a potential buyer see that another client paid 125, he will imagine that the other client had a discount and he will ask a discount. If you say no, he will go and hire another seller.

Since I have discovered this new feature I can’t understand how it can help our business. If someone can explain me I would be really happy !

If someone can explain me I would be really happy !

Not sure about if it will help but I imagine the thinking behind this move is to make reviews more transparent.

For example, if you want to hire a proofreader for your novel of 50,000 words but the seller you are looking at has only ever completed $10 jobs then it might make you rethink it - similarly, if the seller often has glowing reviews of $250-1000 orders then it would make you more confident to hire that seller.

I think this could actually help some sellers a lot - those who do a small amount of larger orders for example.

I wouldn’t be so concerned over these beta features as only a few can see it. I mean the Available Now feature was visible for 2 days before they took it away from me. I was looking forward to hiring someone, but alas - it’s not to be.

You won’t know the true effectiveness of a feature until it’s available to everyone or to the sector where the most gigs are sold.

It’s just a test.

If someone can explain me I would be really happy !

Not sure about if it will help but I imagine the thinking behind this move is to make reviews more transparent.

For example, if you want to hire a proofreader for your novel of 50,000 words but the seller you are looking at has only ever completed $10 jobs then it might make you rethink it - similarly, if the seller often has glowing reviews of $250-1000 orders then it would make you more confident to hire that seller.

I think this could actually help some sellers a lot - those who do a small amount of larger orders for example.

if the seller often has glowing reviews of $250-1000 orders then it would make you more confident to hire that seller.

You never know the detail of an order. $500 can be : 100x5$ or 5x100$. Not the same thing…

60% of my revenues on fiverr are made with custom offers. I really don’t know how a buyer can judge the quality of my work when he only knows the price paid by another client but not what I did for him.

if the seller often has glowing reviews of $250-1000 orders then it would make you more confident to hire that seller.

You never know the detail of an order. $500 can be : 100x5$ or 5x100$. Not the same thing…

60% of my revenues on fiverr are made with custom offers. I really don’t know how a buyer can judge the quality of my work when he only knows the price paid by another client but not what I did for him.

I think that’s exactly the point he was making. If you have a solid pricing strategy, and price consistently and fairly for each order, depending on time and effort involved, I don’t see what the issue is. After all, you can always say “no.”

If you give a proper justification for pricing, I don;t see why they would hire someone else? After all, if you did give a discount to one client, what’s to stop another client expecting that same discount? And it may be that you upsold to $125 from $100 - that is all stuff that you can explain. I think setting expectations can be helpful.

I really don’t know how a buyer can judge the quality of my work when he only knows the price paid by another client but not what I did for him.

When the client contacts you, you can explain what you did.

. $500 can be : 100x5$ or 5x100$

I don’t think this matters. In either case, the buyer spent $500. They trust you will do good quality work and was happy to spend that much. You received A review worth $500.

I can’t see this function, but if I could, I’d filter for price point. A review of of 5 stars or 1 star would hold different meaning, depending on price point.

Now saying that, I have mixed feelings about others being able to see what I’ve spent. 😦

I really don’t know how a buyer can judge the quality of my work when he only knows the price paid by another client but not what I did for him.

Most of the time, you don’t have the opportunity to give any explanation because people don’t ask if someting is not clear. There are so many sellers…

One of my gig is a $5 gig (no extra on this gig). The prices paid by my 5 last clients are : 35$ - 40$ - 35$ - 50$ - 50$.

I am sure that lots of potential buyers will think that my 5$ price is a fake price to attract them and that I will try to make them buy more than what I write on my gig. Some may be affraid…

I am 95% sure I will never sell this gig anymore.

If I could I would delete these reviews to delete the prices!

Most of the time, you don’t have the opportunity to give any explanation because people don’t ask if someting is not clear. There are so many sellers…

One of my gig is a $5 gig (no extra on this gig). The prices paid by my 5 last clients are : 35$ - 40$ - 35$ - 50$ - 50$.

I am sure that lots of potential buyers will think that my 5$ price is a fake price to attract them and that I will try to make them buy more than what I write on my gig. Some may be affraid…

Have you noticed a reduction in demand since this new feature was added?

I am sure that lots of potential buyers will think that my 5$ price is a fake price to attract them and that I will try to make them buy more than what I write on my gig

That is an excellent and valid point!!!

I don’t think this matters. In either case, the buyer spent $500. They trust you will do good quality work and was happy to spend that much. You received A review worth $500.

I can’t see this function, but if I could, I’d filter for price point. A review of of 5 stars or 1 star would hold different meaning, depending on price point.

Now saying that, I have mixed feelings about others being able to see what I’ve spent. 😦

really don’t know how a buyer can judge the quality of my work when he only knows the price paid by another client

They can’t but currently the only way to judge the work you did for another client is through your reviews - nothing else. If all of your 5 star reviews came from $5 orders then from a buying perspective, it may not encourage me to buy from you if I have a larger order but if your reviews come from bigger orders then it would encourage me to buy from you.

A lot of sellers of higher value services have been asking for something LIKE this for a while now because currently there is no difference in a review from a $5 order or a $5000 order - unless the buyer says it in the review. Seeing a buyer who paid $5000 gave you a glowing review would definitely mean I would hire you.

And now imagine everyone who passes outside your workplace building could see a poster which told them how much anyone inside earns per hour or month or whatever. 😉

Agreed. I’m not sure how much I spent on whom is anyone’s business but mine. I’m not at all thrilled.

I was being a devil’s advocate and stating that if this feature ends up being global, how it could be used.

Have you noticed a reduction in demand since this new feature was added?

I can’t tell you because it’s a gig that I pause time to time so I don’t have reliable analysis about this gig. I have about 4-5 sales/month. I didn’t have any order during the last 10 days but honestly, I can’t tell that it is because of this new feature because there are very few people who can see the prices.

Now saying that, I have mixed feelings about others being able to see what I’ve spent.

Do you want me to tell you how I used it for one of my buyer who asked me for a discount ? I used Google Search Operators in google to find reviews of this buyer and I saw how he paid for translations into german and italian. Then I said to myself : “this guy spent lots of money on fiverr and he paid italian and german more than what I ask.” So, I decided to tell him that I don’t make any discount. And he placed the order!

Guest offlinehelpers

Now saying that, I have mixed feelings about others being able to see what I’ve spent.

Do you want me to tell you how I used it for one of my buyer who asked me for a discount ? I used Google Search Operators in google to find reviews of this buyer and I saw how he paid for translations into german and italian. Then I said to myself : “this guy spent lots of money on fiverr and he paid italian and german more than what I ask.” So, I decided to tell him that I don’t make any discount. And he placed the order!

Your explanation of Google searching is an excellent reason for not having order values placed next to reviews. On the other hand, it might save folks from behaviour verging on the stalkerish I suppose.

Archived