Publishing children's book with illustrations from fiverr

cosminad

Question

Hello, please help me understand whether or not I have the right to publish my children’s book using the illustrations I bought on fiverr. If so, do I need to pay for anything else besides the seller’s work? Also, when publishing my book, should I use the illustrator’s name? I would be glad to use her name, but, by using her name, do I commit to pay her part of the revenues from selling the book?

6 answers to this question

Guest merciavideo

Hello, please help me understand whether or not I have the right to publish my children’s book using the illustrations I bought on fiverr. If so, do I need to pay for anything else besides the seller’s work? Also, when publishing my book, should I use the illustrator’s name? I would be glad to use her name, but, by using her name, do I commit to pay her part of the revenues from selling the book?

If so, do I need to pay for anything else besides the seller’s work?

No - you own the work and can do anything you want with it unless the seller charges extra for commercial rights.

Also, when publishing my book, should I use the illustrator’s name?

No - no need for that. 🙂

If so, do I need to pay for anything else besides the seller’s work?

No - you own the work and can do anything you want with it unless the seller charges extra for commercial rights.

Also, when publishing my book, should I use the illustrator’s name?

No - no need for that. 🙂

Thank you very much.

Also, when publishing my book, should I use the illustrator’s name? I would be glad to use her name, but, by using her name, do I commit to pay her part of the revenues from selling the book?

Assuming you have the rights otherwise, there wouldn’t be any royalties. I’d say it’s up to personal choice how much you want to credit the illustrator. My personal suggestion would probably be to credit her on the copyright page but you could also have it on the cover or not at all.

Archived