Purchase of Copyright/Revisions after-the-fact

anexoticllama

Question

As someone with a relatively low budget, I am wondering if I can purchase the copyright to a work after viewing the initial delivery. As in, ideally I’d like to commission a few artists for their basic packages, pick which I like the best, and purchase the copyright to the logo I’d use in the end. Is this something allowed within fiverr’s rules/TOS? Are any sort of additions after-the-fact available whatsoever, like later requests for revision of the initial work for additional payment?

12 answers to this question

Taken from ToS.

• Buyers are granted all rights for the delivered work, unless otherwise specified by the Seller on their Gig page. Note: some Gigs charge additional payments (through Gig Extras) for Commercial Use License. See our “Ownership” and “Commercial Use License” sections below for more information.

For the derivative works of the logo, you should consider to purchase commercial rights.

I think from my understanding if ToS you own all rights to what you purchase on Fiverr.

I think from my understanding if ToS you own all rights to what you purchase on Fiverr.

This is not the case so long as the buyers specify that they retain the copyright unless purchased from them. Both sellers that I am interested in at the moment have this specification, where purchase of copyright is an additional $10 charge on top of the base $5 package.

Taken from ToS.

• Buyers are granted all rights for the delivered work, unless otherwise specified by the Seller on their Gig page. Note: some Gigs charge additional payments (through Gig Extras) for Commercial Use License. See our “Ownership” and “Commercial Use License” sections below for more information.

For the derivative works of the logo, you should consider to purchase commercial rights.

Taken from ToS.

I know this. I’m asking if this is something I can purchase later, after viewing the work.

Taken from ToS.

I know this. I’m asking if this is something I can purchase later, after viewing the work.

Yes. The only option will be asking them to sent you a custom offer and sign for copyright transfer after the order has completed.

Taken from ToS.

As someone who sells “commercial use” add-ons.; I can answer. yes.

As long as you wait to push it out commercially until it’s paid.

Taken from ToS.

You’re asking if you can ask few designers to design you a logo and then choose which one you like and pay only that one? Fiverr is not this kind of a platform.

Good to know, thanks! I will message each seller before-hand and ask if they are alright with this condition, and of course I’d wait until after purchasing the rights to use the work before doing so. 🙂

Good to know, thanks! I will message each seller before-hand and ask if they are alright with this condition, and of course I’d wait until after purchasing the rights to use the work before doing so. 🙂

Yup. That’s best practice. Easy-Peasy.

You’re asking if you can ask few designers to design you a logo and then choose which one you like and pay only that one? Fiverr is not this kind of a platform.

No, I’d like to purchase concepts, ideally, but very few sellers seem to offer additional concepts as addons. I’d still be paying them for the concept work regardless, but only paying for the copyright if I decide to go forward and use their work commercially. I’m not trying to scam anyone, if that’s what you think.

Taken from ToS.

You could ask the few designers you’re interested in if they could do that. ie. could they do that, and if so, how much would a separate (custom) order be (from a custom offer) if you later wanted to buy the commercial rights to what you originally ordered.

It would be possible to do on Fiverr you’d just need to ask those sellers if they’d do it and the cost (if their basic gig doesn’t give you the copyright).

No, I’d like to purchase concepts, ideally, but very few sellers seem to offer additional concepts as addons. I’d still be paying them for the concept work regardless, but only paying for the copyright if I decide to go forward and use their work commercially. I’m not trying to scam anyone, if that’s what you think.

Aha okay. 🙂 I didn’t think about scam as on some other platforms contest type work is totally legit, I just wanted to let you know that Fiverr is not working like that. But for concepts, I think you just need to find right sellers who are willing to do concepts and then go forward into detail with choosen one. 🙂

Archived