Fiverr Community Forum

Purchasing exclusive rights to a Logo

I’m confused as to how I would go about purchasing the exclusive rights to a logo I had designed and liked, so that no one other than my company is able to use the logo in any way. Could someone explain to me what I would have to do?

Thanks

From the Fiverr Terms of Service:

The seller expressly agrees to assign to buyer the copyright in any delivered work that do not meet the requirements of a work-for-hire under the U.S. Copyright Act. Additionally, independent of the U.S. Copyright Act, the seller agrees that unless indicated otherwise in the Gig description, once the order is completed the seller assigns along with it to the buyer, to the fullest extent possible under the law, all of its rights, title and interest, if any, in and to the delivered work and waives any and all moral rights in connection therewith. All transfer and assignment of intellectual property to buyer shall be subject to full payment for the Gig.

Some sellers do not give the copyright to the work unless extra is paid. Some will only license the work, again sometimes for extra payment. Be sure to read the gig description carefully, and also to communicate clearly with the seller. Unless stated otherwise, you own the logo and the copyright to it when you buy it. But if you’re not sure, ASK!