Question about Astrology & Readings?

vitjaz

Hey

I just saw fiverr have a legitimate category of astrelogy & readings. I’m little dissapointed because that was never proved it worked. Some people really have a lot of orders and it’s questioning my interest in fiverr further. I think this is just a tricky people playing with desperate people with words manipulating, NO OFFENSE ANYONE PLEASE, what do you think about it? Is it crazy or what?😮

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just received private message that I should delete this or… wtf? I have really good experience with my fiverr sellers but those ones are just CENZORED

anyway wish you all good luck with corona virus stay safe and sound.

Hey

I just saw fiverr have a legitimate category of astrelogy & readings. I’m little dissapointed because that was never proved it worked. Some people really have a lot of orders and it’s questioning my interest in fiverr further. I think this is just a tricky people playing with desperate people with words manipulating, NO OFFENSE ANYONE PLEASE, what do you think about it? Is it crazy or what?😮

NO OFFENSE ANYONE PLEASE, what do you think about it?

I am not a professional psychic but I do read playing cards which have never been wrong. Unless you are familiar with it, the real thing, it’s normal to disbelieve. You are welcome to your own opinion of course. So I can only speak for my own experience with it.

I do think you know you are going to cause some offense.

Hey

that was never proved it worked

It’s a bit of generalization with no factual evidence, though.

And I’m saying this as someone who came from a culture where it’s common to believe in these things while I’m not much of a believer myself. You can’t say that something was never true for anyone ever just “because”.

And I’m saying this as someone who came from a culture where it’s common to believe in these things while I’m not much of a believer myself. You can’t say that something was never true for anyone ever just “because”.

And yet no psychic has ever used a savvy marketing campaign to warn the future world of coronavirus, etc.

Personally, I can’t see how anyone can buy these services (no offence to those selling them) when it seems like pretty much all practitioners recently missed the next biggest thing since 9/11…

I mean, at some point people just have to get real.

How would the position of something like Mars have a noticeable effect on someone’s life on Earth (in general - assuming you weren’t planning to travel to Mars or anything) and why? Due to gravity?

You can’t say that something was never true for anyone ever just “because”.

Haven’t tests been done though (on things like astrology) and were there ever any statistically significant results in proper scientifically run tests?

It’s so hard to read that so many don’t believe in something that I’m so familiar with in my own life but it’s understandable. I probably wouldn’t believe in it either without the experience I’ve had with it. And I’m aware that not everyone is genuine.

Here is one problem I’ve found about telling other people what’s going to happen. It’s often so far outside of anything believable. I mean you can tell them they will have something happen that’s very unlikely and they won’t believe it until a couple of months down the road, it actually happens.

If I had asked the cards what will happen in the coming month and they told me a pandemic was about to happen I’m certainly not going to go around telling people that.

I’ve had many experiences like that, where I can’t tell people about it because no one would believe me. I keep quiet about things as much as possible.

And yet no psychic has ever used a savvy marketing campaign to warn the future world of coronavirus, etc.

Personally, I can’t see how anyone can buy these services (no offence to those selling them) when it seems like pretty much all practitioners recently missed the next biggest thing since 9/11…

I’m not much of a believer myself although I was born and raised to a culture that is open to psychics and “babas” (“old white witches” if you will). But this post has this typical and unmistakable “OMG can you imagine what’s happening on fiverr” tone to it that I’m sensitive to.

How would the position of something like Mars have a noticeable effect on someone’s life on Earth (in general - assuming you weren’t planning to travel to Mars or anything) and why? Due to gravity?

You can’t say that something was never true for anyone ever just “because”.

Haven’t tests been done though (on things like astrology) and were there ever any statistically significant results in proper scientifically run tests?

I’m not prepared or willing to debate this. I am, however, can’t help but notice the similar tone and message your average "OMG can you imagine what’s happening on fiverr” posts have.

At first, it’s this and then it’s “the flying saucer I commissioned to be drawn is of a similar shape this flying saucer is and I am scandalized beyond belief”.

It’s been discussed by people interested in this subject that it’s a shame people are so totally closed minded about it all. How do you argue with them? You can’t. Why bother to do it. Why put yourself through that.

We feel it’s a great loss for the greater good that most people don’t want to be open minded about it. This thread is somewhat painful for me to even see.

It’s been discussed by people interested in this subject that it’s a shame people are so totally closed minded about it all. How do you argue with them? You can’t. Why bother to do it. Why put yourself through that.

We feel it’s a great loss for the greater good that most people don’t want to be open minded about it. This thread is somewhat painful for me to even see.

Maybe some are open minded but if it’s not shown scientifically to work (more than chance/probability/no statistically significant results) maybe they would be less likely to buy gigs for that.

Maybe the those who do astrology could create some tests that could be run by many people objectively (scientists etc.) that could be shown to have statistically significant tests showing it works so they’d have proof (more than chance etc.).

Maybe some are open minded but if it’s not shown scientifically to work (more than chance/probability/no statistically significant results) maybe they would be less likely to buy gigs for that.

Maybe the those who do astrology could create some tests that could be run by many people objectively (scientists etc.) that could be shown to have statistically significant tests showing it works so they’d have proof (more than chance etc.).

@uk1000 Why put myself through that for all the doubters like you. This is stressful for me. I quietly sit at home and sometimes read the cards and know to believe them.

@uk1000 Why put myself through that for all the doubters like you. This is stressful for me. I quietly sit at home and sometimes read the cards and know to believe them.

It doesn’t need to be you. It could be any of the many people who do astrology and believe in it or a group of them could come up with a test/tests that can prove it works.

It doesn’t need to be you. It could be any of the many people who do astrology and believe in it or a group of them could come up with a test/tests that can prove it works.

I don’t think we, any one who knows and believes something, has the urge to try to prove it to disbelievers. I get a headache thinking about that. It’s ok if you don’t believe it. I see this is again another toxic pointless discussion.

I don’t think we, any one who knows and believes something, has the urge to try to prove it to disbelievers. I get a headache thinking about that. It’s ok if you don’t believe it. I see this is again another toxic pointless discussion.

Scientists usually do. If they do some tests and believe something worked they’ll create a procedure that allows other scientists to do the same test so it can be checked to see if it works. The same thing with maths theorems I think.

edit: Also with astronomy people can check the scientific proofs or other things related to it to see if they’re accurate or not or how accurate (or find new ways to get more accurate results). Why isn’t something similar done with astrology?

I consistently get asked about how I can prove my services in SEO and Marketing so being asked questions are pretty fair enough for any service.

I just don’t see why this category gets more scrutiny than others seem to despite the fact that the big sellers seem to get less negative feedback than most categories do.

Hey

I just saw fiverr have a legitimate category of astrelogy & readings. I’m little dissapointed because that was never proved it worked. Some people really have a lot of orders and it’s questioning my interest in fiverr further. I think this is just a tricky people playing with desperate people with words manipulating, NO OFFENSE ANYONE PLEASE, what do you think about it? 😮

Hey Vitjaz, welcome to the forum. 🙂

Why are you losing interest in Fiverr because certain services you don’t believe in are sold here? Surely every marketplace or shopping mall sells products or services you don’t believe in – religious texts (no one believes in them all), diet pills, homeopathy, etc.

You just buy the stuff you want and leave the rest, no? That’s what I do!

I consistently get asked about how I can prove my services in SEO and Marketing so being asked questions are pretty fair enough for any service.

I just don’t see why this category gets more scrutiny than others seem to despite the fact that the big sellers seem to get less negative feedback than most categories do.

Probably because there’s probably no scientific proof for astrology and some of the categories are about the future and there’s no way to check if it’s accurate within the time allowed for the review. With the other categories you can normally tell almost instantly (or within a day or 2) how good/accurate a delivery is.

Statistically, the most unpleasant color combination for a human eye is red+brown. That’s what they teach you in color theory. That’s science. Because there is this mental association with unhealthy stool and rotting flesh and whatnot. But go tell that to vintage Balenciaga and his glamorous gowns, for instance.

If every fiverr gig would require a scientific approval and a peer review, most of us would be in trouble, I suppose.

I rarely get asked to prove it here, unless they are angling for a free sample. I get passive aggressive messages and questions from people who don’t want to buy anything. Or someone sends me a question “What is your religion?” I also get asked frequently “will this affect my karma?” Maybe those seem reasonable but I feel tempted sometimes to say “Yes absolutely. Want to buy it?” just for fun.

Probably because there’s probably no scientific proof for astrology and some of the categories are about the future and there’s no way to check if it’s accurate within the time allowed for the review. With the other categories you can normally tell almost instantly (or within a day or 2) how good/accurate a delivery is.

I swore I wouldn’t get drawn into this type of debate again as they never end 😃

I’ll leave it here by saying no, I have no interest in these types of services personally but I don’t see why people seem to have such an issue with them.

For fun once, I ordered three of these gigs. One never responded but two delivered. The sellers were ok, there wasn’t anything revolutionary in them but they were well presented and quick to respond and deliver. I have no reason to think they didn’t do what they said they would. I don’t recall what they said exactly but one was that I would be dating a woman the following year which didn’t happen. I don’t feel like I was conned or ripped off.

Then again I don’t take these things as seriously as some might. Perhaps that’s the issue.

Or perhaps I did something which changed the course of my life. That could be it.

Whatever the reason for it not happening, I don’t have evidence to suggest it was the seller’s fault.

Statistically, the most unpleasant color combination for a human eye is red+brown. That’s what they teach you in color theory. That’s science. Because there is this mental association with unhealthy stool and rotting flesh and whatnot. But go tell that to vintage Balenciaga and his glamorous gowns, for instance.

If every fiverr gig would require a scientific approval and a peer review, most of us would be in trouble, I suppose.

I think that’s different. You’re not making any claims (or anything similar to things like astrology). If you’re designing something and do it in colours that you think look best or do it in the colours the buyer asks that no problem. If the buyer is unhappy with how something looks eg. colour-wise they can ask for changes etc. or can ask what you think are normally the best colours to use.

That’s different than asking for money for something with no proof that the category of it actually works (any more than chance etc.). With a design gig the buyer will get a design - what they paid for.

I swore I wouldn’t get drawn into this type of debate again as they never end 😃

I’ll leave it here by saying no, I have no interest in these types of services personally but I don’t see why people seem to have such an issue with them.

For fun once, I ordered three of these gigs. One never responded but two delivered. The sellers were ok, there wasn’t anything revolutionary in them but they were well presented and quick to respond and deliver. I have no reason to think they didn’t do what they said they would. I don’t recall what they said exactly but one was that I would be dating a woman the following year which didn’t happen. I don’t feel like I was conned or ripped off.

Then again I don’t take these things as seriously as some might. Perhaps that’s the issue.

Or perhaps I did something which changed the course of my life. That could be it.

Whatever the reason for it not happening, I don’t have evidence to suggest it was the seller’s fault.

Maybe some might give a reading that generally has the highest probability of the reader thinking it’s correct - based on what the buyer gives in the requirements (date of birth, time of birth or maybe country etc.) and any other info that can see/find (eg. name/profile picture etc.). Maybe some of this info is enough for them to look up more info on the web.

People can see things in a general reading and think it’s very true and that it closely matches them when it probably doesn’t. eg. someone was given someone else’s reading and thought it was a good match for them and was then given a totally different person’s reading and they thought it was an even better match, even though neither was for them.

Archived