Question about fonts

music_77

People need fonts for downloading only for software that they are using offline. Like Microsoft office, photoshop, illustrator etc…

For websites, no need, as like pacquo said, they are already in the script

I’m delivering web design done with Adobe XD - they receive the source files. That is why I ask about fonts.

I’m delivering web design done with Adobe XD - they receive the source files. That is why I ask about fonts.

Generally web design is done with some standard fonts. I still don’t see why they would need to download them. Even if you made some headers with some unusual fonts, why would they need to download them? That’s not part of what people usually get with a web design.

Edit: I looked at your web design gig. People will be thinking you will make them a website probably when you are actually only giving them a design for a website. You should let them know in the gig description that you are not offering to make them a website. Your gig is titled “I will design a nice website” which made me think you actually make the website.

Generally web design is done with some standard fonts. I still don’t see why they would need to download them. Even if you made some headers with some unusual fonts, why would they need to download them? That’s not part of what people usually get with a web design.

Edit: I looked at your web design gig. People will be thinking you will make them a website probably when you are actually only giving them a design for a website. You should let them know in the gig description that you are not offering to make them a website. Your gig is titled “I will design a nice website” which made me think you actually make the website.

Your gig is titled “I will design a nice website” which made me think you actually make the website.

⬆️ This. Combined with the fact that isn’t possible to convert an Adobe XD file directly into CSS/HTML.

If you find that you start getting clients asking what fonts you used for the website design, maybe it would be beneficial to start including the list (there shouldn’t be any issues with linking them to the website to purchase). However, I wouldn’t go creating additional work for yourself if clients don’t particularly need that info.

@pacquo What should a site designer use that can be directly converted to html/CSS?

What should a site designer use that can be directly converted to html/CSS?

Dreamweaver (Adobe) can extract some information from a psd file (sizes, fonts, colors/gradients) but you’re left with all the rest of the work. I’m not a fan of this kind of approach.

• 9 months later...

Archived