Fiverr Community Forum

Question about spam rules for messages

Hello everyone,

I have a voice over gig here on fiverr. I have thought of a good way to get some sales, but I am unsure if it breaks fiverr’s spam rules. I would be grateful for some clarification from the community.

1. Search in commercials/animated explainer videos to find sellers that make regular sales but do not offer voice over in their videos.
  2. Send them a message outlining how offering a voice over would win them more repeat business, allow them to upsell their services etc.
  3. Offer some kind of introductory discount/offer to make sure they not only decide to offer voice over for their videos but hire me specifically.

The thing is, I genuinely don’t know whether this would count as spam or not. On the one hand, it is a seller messaging a buyer asking for custom; but on the other hand it seems a very constructive business proposition.

Thank you :grinning:

3 Likes

You are most definitely describing spamming.

I report all VO sellers who do this.

Also it’s clearly stated on Fiverr’s ToS that you are not allowed to message a seller for anything other than expressing an interest in buying their gigs.

7 Likes

Thank you for the clarification. Have a nice day sir.

i think, It is really not a good thing
it is not allow in fiverr and we should follow their rules

1 Like

Please respect our members privacy by not contacting them with offers, questions, suggestions or anything which is not directly related to their Gigs or orders.

The above is listed under Violations in the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Make sure to carefully read the Terms of Service as a violation can risk your account.

Enjoy the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Thank you. I hope you have a good day.

1 Like

Don’t do this. It is spam with spam on and it is infuriating to receive messages like this.

2 Likes

Two additional points are that you will harm the seller’s conversion rate and might harm their response rate, both of which in turn can lead to lower search placement/ranking; a lowered response rate in unlucky circumstances could even cause them to drop a level at their next evaluation date.

I’m sure it might seem a good idea to many new people who want to make sales and that they don’t want to “harm” other sellers but please consider that you’re not the only person who has/had that idea and sellers get lots of spam of that and other kinds, it wastes so much time and energy, as due to how Fiverr works, sellers are forced to react to every spam in the one or other way, and chances to get reported are high.

3 Likes