Question about submitting drafts through message or 'delivering'

trustworthydan

It depends how far along your draft is. If the draft is of a deliverable format and you are looking to see if they want any changes, mark it as complete.

In Fiverr V2, after marking something as complete, the users sees two options a lot more prominently than in V1 - which are basically the ability to mark as complete by leaving feedback, and the ability to “reject” the work for amendments.

If your draft is of deliverable format, you may consider adding a message like this as you mark it as complete:

"Please find your design attached. I am now marking this order as complete. If you are happy with everything and require no changes, please also do the same by leaving a review.

If you have any issues, queries or changes, please message me before leaving a review"

This way, if they want changes, you are prompting them to contact you. If they don’t want changes, you don’t have to wait around for days if they aren’t prompt to reply.

Hope this helps.

Something unusual happened to me last week when a buyer order my Business Card Design GIG, i delivered him final files and then he ask for revision. I did the revision also and deliver again.

Next day i see his message for cancelling the order and refund his money otherwise he will leave negative review. I contact customer support and they said communicate with buyer etc etc.

In the END i did refund him so that i did not get NEGATIVE REVIEW.

Then i ask customer support is that possible i can send watermarked final files and get approved before delivering the FINAL files. They agree with this to send watermark stuff (design related).

So if we send watermarked graphic and write in delivery notice clearly that please review the design, once you review it i will deliver final files.

In this case SELELRS work will be protected, if buyer agree to get final files and leave negative then Customer Support will help seller also.

It’s a proper way to bypass those CHEAT BUYERS who did get the work and ask for refund.

• 5 years later...

Hello Sellers !
I’m a little bit worried about sending final projects by message!

I uploaded in the work&source field but my 1ST buyer ask me to send them all by message cause he could read by mobile Iphone! And he doesn’t want to wait this evening to see them by PC!

I’m worry cause I’m afraid that he could get all my work and run away!
Or
Maybe he wants to see a prieview before completing the order!

What should I do?
Send it or not send it ?
:thinking:

Hello Sellers !

I uploaded in the work&source field but my 1ST buyer ask me to send them all by message cause he could read by mobile Iphone! And he doesn’t want to wait this evening to see them by PC!

Or

What should I do?

Send it or not send it ?

You should be worried. No one should ever ask you to do that. There is no reason for it. If the buyer has an issue he can reject and ask for a revision.

Don’t let buyers put you in this kind of position. Only submit work through the delivery button.

Hello Sellers !

Or

What should I do?

Send it or not send it ?

If you have completed the work, you should deliver it via the Deliver Now button.

How is it different for your buyer whether they look at it from the message or from the order page?

You should be worried. No one should ever ask you to do that. There is no reason for it. If the buyer has an issue he can reject and ask for a revision.

Don’t let buyers put you in this kind of position. Only submit work through the delivery button.

No one should ever ask you to do that.

Thank You HumanisSocial!

What do you think , If I say something like that:

“Community Staff told me that I can’t do it cause is a violation of the rules, but I’m going to send you a .jpg preview of all 20 files”

I bet that he can’t reject !

What do you think about this strategy?

😋

No one should ever ask you to do that.

Thank You HumanisSocial!

What do you think , If I say something like that:

“Community Staff told me that I can’t do it cause is a violation of the rules, but I’m going to send you a .jpg preview of all 20 files”

I bet that he can’t reject !

What do you think about this strategy?

😋

Well, that’s also coercion, so of course you can’t do that.

You’re trying to influence the outcome with pressure. That’s why it’s wrong.

You aren’t allowed to talk about reviews period.

If you have completed the work, you should deliver it via the Deliver Now button.

How is it different for your buyer whether they look at it from the message or from the order page?

I don’t know how would be different CatWriter !

Maybe cause he said that by Iphone he can’t see the order! Maybe Iphone can’t handle the “fiverr order” very well! IDK cause I don’t have IOS I have android…

No No No I don’t want to influence him, I’m worry that he wants to steal my work!

I’m trying to explain this situation better:

I sent him all my work in the work&source field

After 12h he asked me to send all my work in the message field cause he can’t see it by Iphone and he doesn’t want to wait until this evening when he could see it by PC!

I don’t want to send all my work by message cause is a strategy for “Stealer Buyer!” as I read here and in other posts…

I would like to send him a preview by jpg cause IF he is a good person that he can only use fiverr by message, so I would help him…

But he could wait this evening… I Think… or should I tell him to wait this evening ?:thinking:

Sorry sellers… but I’m NEW here ☺️

No No No I don’t want to influence him, I’m worry that he wants to steal my work!

I’m trying to explain this situation better:

I sent him all my work in the work&source field

After 12h he asked me to send all my work in the message field cause he can’t see it by Iphone and he doesn’t want to wait until this evening when he could see it by PC!

I don’t want to send all my work by message cause is a strategy for “Stealer Buyer!” as I read here and in other posts…

I would like to send him a preview by jpg cause IF he is a good person that he can only use fiverr by message, so I would help him…

But he could wait this evening… I Think… or should I tell him to wait this evening ?:thinking:

Sorry sellers… but I’m NEW here ☺️

“Community staff told that I can’t do that…”

You aren’t allowed to say that.

Why not do both? Send the order through the delivery button so that you are assured of being credited as well as sending through the message system. I would NOT send any sort of job through the message system only though.

GG

Well no because they could take the file from the message system and then seek a refund for the order, saying they weren’t satisfied or whatever and Fiverr could easily approve that. You might be able to appeal that, but you might not. It’s a big risk.

Well no because they could take the file from the message system and then seek a refund for the order, saying they weren’t satisfied or whatever and Fiverr could easily approve that. You might be able to appeal that, but you might not. It’s a big risk.

Ah, I was thinking that if this client is actually unable to read a file on their phone delivered through the delivery button - they could still use the delivery button in order to get it to them on time etc as well as send it through the message system - use both. The thing is, if you think about it logically, why would this client be able to SEE a delivered sample or the work through the message system but NOT the delivery system? Seems there may be some shady stuff going on, but, who knows?

GG

Why not do both? Send the order through the delivery button so that you are assured of being credited as well as sending through the message system. I would NOT send any sort of job through the message system only though.

GG

so It’s a specific kind of situation as my first GIG :man_facepalming:

Ah, I was thinking that if this client is actually unable to read a file on their phone delivered through the delivery button - they could still use the delivery button in order to get it to them on time etc as well as send it through the message system - use both. The thing is, if you think about it logically, why would this client be able to SEE a delivered sample or the work through the message system but NOT the delivery system? Seems there may be some shady stuff going on, but, who knows?

GG

The mobile app is really lacklustre, to put it politely… I have had soooo many issues with it from errors to a lack of functionality.

To avoid all this, if I have to use my phone to check something or do something, I use Fiverr in my browser, then set the browser to “Desktop mode.” That way I get all the functionality of desktop. It’s not pretty or easy to use, but it does the trick if I need to do something on mobile that isn’t mobile friendly.

The mobile app is really lacklustre, to put it politely… I have had soooo many issues with it from errors to a lack of functionality.

To avoid all this, if I have to use my phone to check something or do something, I use Fiverr in my browser, then set the browser to “Desktop mode.” That way I get all the functionality of desktop. It’s not pretty or easy to use, but it does the trick if I need to do something on mobile that isn’t mobile friendly.

I never use the app to check anything! I just get on my pc. But, I realize others are more phone prone.

GG

To avoid all this, if I have to use my phone to check something or do something, I use Fiverr in my browser, then set the browser to “Desktop mode.” That way I get all the functionality of desktop.

Should I tell him to do that?

"try to use your Iphone in Desktop mode with an app Browser,

You will get all the functionality of desktop! "

sounds good?

Archived