Question for Content Writers

writer99025

On Fiverr, I can only commit to writing 3000 words per day. For me, that’s $40 after commission for 10 x basic gigs. I would like to do more on Fiverr however, I usually get 1-2 orders per day from elsewhere where my pricing starts at $15 for 300 words and I haven’t found a way to make Fiverr more profitable for me yet.

I am dabbling with the idea of charging resellers more than my standard $5 per order. The only problem is, I’m too afraid of losing my regulars.

As for whether you are working too hard, that depends on your own situation. $40 a day is my break even point. This covers my rent, living expenses, beer in the evening and the odd holiday. Everything else for me is extra. However, even though I live very well this is only because I have savings from my old career and because since starting freelancing I’ve relocated to Malta which has a dramatically lower cost of living than the UK and mainland Europe.

All that said, I am thinking of moving to Cyprus either later this year and if so, I’ll probably see my break even point rise to $60 per day.

I probably read the equivalent of a book a day and can write up to 20000 a day. Although maybe half of that is “not work” writing. Basically, I am the pasty recluse hunched over a keyboard indoors stereotype 🙂

My main issue is burning out more than anything, and too many fussy clients can really make my creativity disappear and then the writing becomes tortuously slow and uninspired. When I have a bunch of deadlines this can really create issues…I try to take the weekend off without fail to at least recharge my “ugh, work” batteries.

Hey,
I would suggest that you do put your price up but also tell your regulars that you will continue to work at the lower price for them. I have found that this approach makes your buyers happier. I think it is fair enough to charge one-off buyers more than people who give you regular work.

Archived