Question for Indians

writer99025

Just want to know what’s a respectable salary in an India. I am not talking about salaries of people in IITs/IIMs - but for the average person - say, someone with an engineering degree from a regional college and working at an IT company, 10 -15 years experience. And mention in Rupees please, not in dollars 🙂 How much does an average middle class/ upper middle-class person make in our country?

(I really don’t know, because I have been out of touch with what’s happening in the rest of the country and don’t have too many contacts/friends, also the information on the internet is not consistent, so this is an honest question).

Thing is, I don’t know what I make from freelancing is an average salary/good salary/great salary…because I really don’t know how it’s like in India. When I read newspapers, they go on and on about how IIT//IIM grads were signed up by a big company for $100k and then you have stories of how tens of thousands of people applies for a government peon’s position…so what about the average person? There’s so much conflicting information!

Archived