Question for sellers and frequent buyers

gina_riley2

poll  

30 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• I have received a tip from a random buyer for no reason
    • I’ve received tip from regular buyers for no reason (or without buying gig)
    • I’ve only received tip after delivery.
    • I get tips but I feel guilty as I charge appropriate amount for my gigs
    • Still waiting to get my first tip.

Votes are anonymous and I’m just curious to see how often this happens. Thanks.

• I have given random seller a tip of $5 or more without buying
  • I have given one of my regular sellers a tip of $5 or more without buying a gig
  • I’ve only tipped at delivery for exceptional work
  • I don’t believe in tips (or not sure what it)

0voters

Question for sellers. Again, anonymous.

0voters

0voters

Why would anyone tip for nothing? That makes no sense.

I checked that I have received a tip from regular buyers for no reason but the poll isn’t showing my vote for some reason.

I think I get tips this way when the spells manifest so I guess there is a reason but it’s not at the time of delivery.

Weird, it should work. Maybe try again?

I can see that happening. I’m actually surprised you don’t have a gratuity gig.

0voters

“I get tips but I feel guilty as I charge appropriate amount for my gigs”

Good point. It happened a few times - I quote a reasonable price…task turns out to be too easy…I feel guilty… and then, the Buyer gives a tip! 😂

0voters

Missing an

☐ I’ve tipped my buyer, kinda.

option. 😛

Is it possible for a buyer to directly leave a tip without buying any gig?

Yes.

I have done so, several times.

You have a tip gig, then I buy, you deliver a “Thank you” message, I accept delivery and rate.

If you do not have a tip gig, I can buy any gig, and tell you that it’s for a previous excellent work and no delivery is required. To close it out, you send a “Thank you” message - most send a picture, gif file or such, I accept delivery and close it out.

Long as you, the seller, deliver what I ask & 5r gets 20%, it is within ToS.

I’ve yet to have a seller report me for giving them a tip without ordering a gig. 🙂

Yes.

I have done so, several times.

You have a tip gig, then I buy, you deliver a “Thank you” message, I accept delivery and rate.

If you do not have a tip gig, I can buy any gig, and tell you that it’s for a previous excellent work and no delivery is required. To close it out, you send a “Thank you” message - most send a picture, gif file or such, I accept delivery and close it out.

Long as you, the seller, deliver what I ask & 5r gets 20%, it is within ToS.

I’ve yet to have a seller report me for giving them a tip without ordering a gig. 🙂

That’s good. A buyer can leave a tip on a completed order whenever he/she wants within a specified duration. However, I think it’s another tactic to increase the no. of reviews on a seller’s profile because getting a tip on a regular gig does not accompany a review.

Anyways, thanks for sharing info.

“I get tips but I feel guilty as I charge appropriate amount for my gigs”

Good point. It happened a few times - I quote a reasonable price…task turns out to be too easy…I feel guilty… and then, the Buyer gives a tip! 😂

I get tips only after order delivery and sometimes I do feel guilty 😃

Isn’t that an awesome feeling, though? You know that client is easy to work with & the next time they order you may want to give them a little extra - which would probably end up getting you more tip. 🙂

Round and round you go - however, it’s a problem I’ve yet to read a complaint on. 😀

Missing an

option. 😛

Didn’t think of that! Generally speaking, when you give your buyer more than ordered, that is a good tip!! :smile:😃:blush:

I get tips only after order delivery and sometimes I do feel guilty 😃

Isn’t that an awesome feeling, though? You know that client is easy to work with & the next time they order you may want to give them a little extra - which would probably end up getting you more tip. 🙂

Round and round you go - however, it’s a problem I’ve yet to read a complaint on. 😀

Missing an

option. 😛

Didn’t think of that! Generally speaking, when you give your buyer more than ordered, that is a good tip!! :smile:😃:blush:

Yup! Sometimes, I actually offer them a discount in their “next order”. As I write this - issued someone an offer with $25 discount, simply because her previous order for troubleshooting turned to be one-minute tweak instead of programming gig.

That might sound a bit extreme and puritan. But I think fairness should go both ways. I have always been “don’t take an inch, don’t give an inch”. All my clients know what would happen when they ask for some little extra free work. 😏

Some sellers have tip gig.

I gave it to someone that I knew for a fact did charity work because I knew he’d use it to take care of people in his town.

Some sellers have tip gig.

I gave it to someone that I knew for a fact did charity work because I knew he’d use it to take care of people in his town.

“Tip gigs” started back in the day when Fiverr didn’t have a “Tip this Seller” option as orders are completed/rated.

While a few newer sellers have added them, most are there because it provided a way for sellers to have buyers notice they could tip them.

Few of these older sellers have removed the gigs (they don’t hurt anything), but now a buyer can tip you on any gig easily, so they are simply redundant.

If I had put up one X years ago, I’d leave it too…

Archived