Fiverr Forum

Question for Top Forum Posters

I just got a spam message, and it made me think of something…Do you top posters get an unusual amount of spam or messages in general that stem from your name being on that list? I’m curious.

Normally just questions for help.

I think I average about 10 people a day overall. :slight_smile:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Even as a level 1 seller… I get many spam messages… It is not a wonder that TRS are getting spam messages…

Reply to @vedmak: Oh okay. That’s cool. I really hate spam, so I really hope that “report spam” link really works.

I get a lot of spam, recently it’s people for freebies.

Reply to @ozzieuk: Why do they expect freebies from you? O_o

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: That’s nice of you, but spam has been around too long for people not to know what they’re doing. So I couldn’t be that nice. Especially when their avatar is a sheep. I have a hard time trusting those animals. Lol

Reply to @vedmak: LOL. You probably should’ve reported him since he’s talking about “hacking”. I’m scared to even deal with sellers with the term “hack” in their username.

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: You often inspire me Jo. I will consider doing the same depending on my mood. Maybe I’ll type up a general response for them and add it to my “Seller’s Toolbox”. Lol :slight_smile:

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: that is a great way of thinking I always try to promote peeps if I have the chance too ( show someone a gig that I am not affiliated with) or help them with fiverr rules.

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: Yep Yep! I pay close attention to successful people. :slight_smile:

I love spamming Oldbittygrandma!!

Reply to @capellevaughn: lol

To send unsolicited electronic mail or messages simultaneously to a number of people

Spam is just that, unsolicited, you didn't ask for it, like the flyers and such that you get through your mailbox, I never once heard anyone say "oh goodie more junk mail!" (unless they were being sarcastic)

Spammers know exactly what they are doing.... They want you to buy their product / service

RULE 1: Don't engage or communicate with the spammer
RULE 2: Report it
RULE 3: Rinse and Repeat

^ Those are my views, you guys are free to do as you please, but engaging with a spammer or troll only makes things worse, the best thing to do is ignore them.

Reply to @ozzieuk: That’s what I usually do. Because as soon as you reply back telling them its spam, they’ll reply with some more nonsense, usually in broken english. Hmmm…I gotta rethink some things.