Question I noticed

shazamgraphic

Hey there all fiverrians, i hope all are good ,i would like to address some one to guide on ranking my gig, i am a professional offline designer new to online world, i am looking other peoples gigs on fiverr in my category but i found that people with no sale or 1 sale (mean no reviews) are also in 2 - 4 pages in search so it clearly defines that nothing is perpetual with sale and ranking, i make gig with filling almost every thing and not there and other thing is that after 21st page fiver stop showing results but in category criteria it shows more than 40K gigs on the topic , after 21st page it goes to “get a qoute” so as a beginner i can i show my self and be among atleast of the 20 pages.
My Gig link Gig
looking forward for any answer.
Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

You have less than 1 minute of read-time shown in your forum profile. Check out the Tips For Sellers category (with filters applied --> forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Tips/tips-for-sellers/l/top/all?order=views). You’ll find hundreds of threads offering advice on a variety of things to consider and/or improve. (Note: Not all advice can apply to all gigs or categories. Be sure you check multiple sources as there are some false tips, even among the top threads.)

It takes a lot of work to make it as a freelancer, so be sure to research and plan accordingly.

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” (Attributed to Benjamin Franklin)

If you’re a designer, why are you not offering that as a service? Photoshop manipulation is not designing, and there are literal thousands of gigs offering it as a service.

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

You have less than 1 minute of read-time shown in your forum profile. Check out the Tips For Sellers category (with filters applied --> forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Tips/tips-for-sellers/l/top/all?order=views). You’ll find hundreds of threads offering advice on a variety of things to consider and/or improve. (Note: Not all advice can apply to all gigs or categories. Be sure you check multiple sources as there are some false tips, even among the top threads.)

It takes a lot of work to make it as a freelancer, so be sure to research and plan accordingly.

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” (Attributed to Benjamin Franklin)

If you’re a designer, why are you not offering that as a service? Photoshop manipulation is not designing, and there are literal thousands of gigs offering it as a service.

Thanks for the reply and detailed answer with links i will definitely read them, but question remains, how come same status seller without likes without sales rank on beginning pages , well i guess may be i get my answer after i read the material you suggested, thanks again.

i am a offline designer i choose to work on simple task so i can run both works together, may be in future after i have clients on fiverr i introduce more gigs but i believe offer something you can do easily and with perfection.

I looked your Gig over.

I may know why you are not seeing a lot of orders.

Probably the main reason is that you have a lot of competition here at Fiverr.

But what really caught my eye is this…I can spend $5 on your basic Gig and you will work on unlimited images that I send you…and will provide me with unlimited revisions all within 4 hours.

Dude, you are setting yourself up for a lot of problems with that.

Say I hire you based on what I just mentioned in your Gig.

I’m going to spend $5 and send you a few hundred images (your Gig states unlimited images) and I’m going to get you to edit each one no less than ten times each (your Gig states unlimited revisions).

You have to get it all done for me within four hours (as your Gig states) or I’m going to give you a 1-Star rating.

Do you see what I’m talking about?

If I were you, I would raise your Basic price to $10 or $15, state that it is for a total of 5 images and offer just ONE revision.

That way you’ll make some money.

Many Buyers look at $5 Gigs and move on simply because $5 is a sign of cheap work.

I highly doubt you’ll be able to give me the type of quality I would expect for my 100+ images, revised ten times each for just $5.

Your concept is good.

You just need to set better boundaries.

Good luck.

I looked your Gig over.

I may know why you are not seeing a lot of orders.

Probably the main reason is that you have a lot of competition here at Fiverr.

But what really caught my eye is this…I can spend $5 on your basic Gig and you will work on unlimited images that I send you…and will provide me with unlimited revisions all within 4 hours.

Dude, you are setting yourself up for a lot of problems with that.

Say I hire you based on what I just mentioned in your Gig.

I’m going to spend $5 and send you a few hundred images (your Gig states unlimited images) and I’m going to get you to edit each one no less than ten times each (your Gig states unlimited revisions).

You have to get it all done for me within four hours (as your Gig states) or I’m going to give you a 1-Star rating.

Do you see what I’m talking about?

If I were you, I would raise your Basic price to $10 or $15, state that it is for a total of 5 images and offer just ONE revision.

That way you’ll make some money.

Many Buyers look at $5 Gigs and move on simply because $5 is a sign of cheap work.

I highly doubt you’ll be able to give me the type of quality I would expect for my 100+ images, revised ten times each for just $5.

Your concept is good.

You just need to set better boundaries.

Good luck.

i found your suggestion eyeopening but the thing about number of images is the problem with fiverr in built drop down where my number 20 is not available so i un wantedly select that, but sir i searched the term my self and after 20 pages fives ask user to post request while fiver show 40k gigs in the same category , i think no one see my gig and pass through , but over all your answer is logical thank you so much for the time you take to inform me about the flaws, thanks again sir.

Thanks for the reply and detailed answer with links i will definitely read them, but question remains, how come same status seller without likes without sales rank on beginning pages , well i guess may be i get my answer after i read the material you suggested, thanks again.

i am a offline designer i choose to work on simple task so i can run both works together, may be in future after i have clients on fiverr i introduce more gigs but i believe offer something you can do easily and with perfection.

i believe offer something you can do easily and with perfection

Exactly part of the problem. There are thousands of other people with that exact same thought. When thousands of people think something is easy, and doing the exact same thing, you end up with a herd of cattle, as you’ve noticed.

So then the advice is ‘stand out’, be exceptional, look attractive. And when you get thousands trying to stand out, they start looking all the same.

Thus, the last bit, that fewer heed. Do something different.

You tell me, which sheep catches your eye?

resized.wsNG_1479533.thumb.jpg.a51fb043d8297f213f10f69b20084851.jpg
1600×1065 379 KB

i believe offer something you can do easily and with perfection

Exactly part of the problem. There are thousands of other people with that exact same thought. When thousands of people think something is easy, and doing the exact same thing, you end up with a herd of cattle, as you’ve noticed.

So then the advice is ‘stand out’, be exceptional, look attractive. And when you get thousands trying to stand out, they start looking all the same.

Thus, the last bit, that fewer heed. Do something different.

You tell me, which sheep catches your eye?

😀 that’s defiantly not the sheep.thanks for the advice but i choose because i am expert in that criteria and if i get work i am confident that i can deliver required results in given time , as i mentioned before i am taking both offline and this online at same time after results i will decide to upload more gigs.

I think you are deliberately missing the point being made here for two reasons:

a) you don’t want to see it because that requires change.

b) you think that you alone are the reason that people will choose you.

Now you can indeed be the reason that people choose you, but you have to prove that you are better.

There are lots of people who have made films. We all know of the Spielberg chap because he was really good at it. How do we know that? Because he felt it to be so? Because his mother told him? Not at all (altho both may have helped). We know of Spielberg because he did good work and showed it.

From what is being reported here, good people are not seeing a Spielberg but a sheep. I once wrote an article about musicians who do the same thing. I likened them to fish who rush into a ball when they feel afraid. Yes it reduces the chance of any one fish being eaten at any moment but it is not the way to get singled out when you want to get picked.

🙂

A few bits of that article:

Here is a response I got when I suggested that the person could make their track stand out better by delivering more than just drums & bass:

Actually, for this track, I am still just trying to match the current standard of Trance, so standing out is not a priority for me. I guess blending in is what I am hoping to achieve.

My response was:

How many Hits blend in?

Oddly, I didn’t hear anymore from him!

In Rock & Roll, the bands that change the world are the ones that stand out. Adam Ant stood out. Duran Duran did too. Spice Girls stood out (altho how they didn’t fall over in those shoes). Dio did too because I read Henry Rollins saying that any record collection had to have at least one Dio record. I fixed that and Rollins is so right. KISS stood out (maybe they went to the same deportment school as the Spice Girls).

I think you are deliberately missing the point being made here for two reasons:

a) you don’t want to see it because that requires change.

b) you think that you alone are the reason that people will choose you.

Now you can indeed be the reason that people choose you, but you have to prove that you are better.

There are lots of people who have made films. We all know of the Spielberg chap because he was really good at it. How do we know that? Because he felt it to be so? Because his mother told him? Not at all (altho both may have helped). We know of Spielberg because he did good work and showed it.

From what is being reported here, good people are not seeing a Spielberg but a sheep. I once wrote an article about musicians who do the same thing. I likened them to fish who rush into a ball when they feel afraid. Yes it reduces the chance of any one fish being eaten at any moment but it is not the way to get singled out when you want to get picked.

🙂

A few bits of that article:

Here is a response I got when I suggested that the person could make their track stand out better by delivering more than just drums & bass:

Actually, for this track, I am still just trying to match the current standard of Trance, so standing out is not a priority for me. I guess blending in is what I am hoping to achieve.

My response was:

How many Hits blend in?

Oddly, I didn’t hear anymore from him!

In Rock & Roll, the bands that change the world are the ones that stand out. Adam Ant stood out. Duran Duran did too. Spice Girls stood out (altho how they didn’t fall over in those shoes). Dio did too because I read Henry Rollins saying that any record collection had to have at least one Dio record. I fixed that and Rollins is so right. KISS stood out (maybe they went to the same deportment school as the Spice Girls).

so what do you suggest? make my services standard not mixed up as you said blending?

so what do you suggest? make my services standard not mixed up as you said blending?

Clearly, #1 is to look at all the ways that you have already been told that you make yourself look like everyone else begging to be average (and therefore not picked).

Remove all

• Stupid low pricing like 4,567,892 images for $5 delivered in 12 seconds as that makes it clear you don’t do detailed work (you don’t even have time to have your tongue stick out at that speed). Unit pricing has a big impact on buyer expectation. Would a $30 steak probably be nicer than a $5 steak?
  • Unlimited Revisions or really anything over 1-2 as that says that you are a) not great, b) not sure you can get it right.
  • Remove everything that shows that you are afraid of being seen as the Spielberg of what you really do.
  • Show Good work. not meh, more of the same work, but work that will make me think Oh this is so the person I need to do my thing! I understand here you are chasing eBay so you think there is no way to show Amazing but there would be some way that sets you apart. Maybe even make a second gig that is not about selling to bottom feeders (as any proper eBay store does their graphics in-house) and find buyers with real jobs that not every idiot says they can do for peanut crumbs.

🙂

Clearly, #1 is to look at all the ways that you have already been told that you make yourself look like everyone else begging to be average (and therefore not picked).

Remove all

• Stupid low pricing like 4,567,892 images for $5 delivered in 12 seconds as that makes it clear you don’t do detailed work (you don’t even have time to have your tongue stick out at that speed). Unit pricing has a big impact on buyer expectation. Would a $30 steak probably be nicer than a $5 steak?
  • Unlimited Revisions or really anything over 1-2 as that says that you are a) not great, b) not sure you can get it right.
  • Remove everything that shows that you are afraid of being seen as the Spielberg of what you really do.
  • Show Good work. not meh, more of the same work, but work that will make me think Oh this is so the person I need to do my thing! I understand here you are chasing eBay so you think there is no way to show Amazing but there would be some way that sets you apart. Maybe even make a second gig that is not about selling to bottom feeders (as any proper eBay store does their graphics in-house) and find buyers with real jobs that not every idiot says they can do for peanut crumbs.

🙂

nicely elaborated, at first i was thinking to be with the flow, but you all people are right.

thanks 🙂

Weird Al Yankovic is another singer who stands out by being extremely different and niche with the accordion. Lindsey Stirling can play the violin and dance ballet. Smooth McGroove has a fantastic range and rhythm good enough to arrange a Capella to sync up in separate recordings. Melodica Men are talented but also have silly-fun with their ‘performances’ because melodica already make you look a bit silly and they ran with it. Stomp! are essentially nothing but percussion but anything is an instrument.

So what if any one of them could be called ‘gimmicky’, they’re all memorable.

Weird Al Yankovic is another singer who stands out by being extremely different and niche with the accordion. Lindsey Stirling can play the violin and dance ballet. Smooth McGroove has a fantastic range and rhythm good enough to arrange a Capella to sync up in separate recordings. Melodica Men are talented but also have silly-fun with their ‘performances’ because melodica already make you look a bit silly and they ran with it. Stomp! are essentially nothing but percussion but anything is an instrument.

So what if any one of them could be called ‘gimmicky’, they’re all memorable.

Weird Al is a master of what he does. He is very distinctive and no one comes close.

At the same time tho he sings in-tune, in-time and uses Top 10 Hits wherever possible so that keeps him close to the “road” everyone is travelling whilst being distinctive which makes him memorable.

Memorable is a great start.

🙂

Archived