Questions about filing taxes

aqua077

Question

5 answers to this question

If you are from the USA, your parents would need to read about the tax laws for minor children.

https://www.irs.gov/publications/p929

They can read it and see if they need to file for you, or they can ask a tax professional. There are cheap and even free tax professionals easily available and if your parents already pay taxes, they will know how to do this.

If you are not from the USA, ask your parents to check the laws in your area. The forum can’t help you with anything else.

You can get Turbotax and do them yourself. As was mentioned, anything over $600 needs to be reported and taxes paid as a self employed person.

Turbotax asks you a lot of questions which you answer then prepares the taxes for you with all forms needed. It will then submit them over the internet for you. It won’t take very long. It is very important that you do file them.

You can get Turbotax and do them yourself. As was mentioned, anything over $600 needs to be reported and taxes paid as a self employed person.

Turbotax asks you a lot of questions which you answer then prepares the taxes for you with all forms needed. It will then submit them over the internet for you. It won’t take very long. It is very important that you do file them.

But I am 13. Is it against the law for me to do it?

Google is your friend. I found this:

> a minor who may be claimed as a dependent has to file a return once their income exceeds their standard deduction. For tax year 2018 this is the greater of $1,050 or the amount of earned income plus $350. For tax years prior to 2018, the threshold is is when the minor works and earns more than the standard personal exemption for the year, according to IRS Publication 929.

**> **

> A 15-year-old who works after school, for instance, and earns less than $1,050 would owe nothing in taxes. Even so, if an employer withheld taxes from her paycheck, she’ll have to file a tax return to obtain a refund.

So since fiverr is not your employer and did not withhold any taxes, you can earn up to $1,050 before you need to file taxes.

Use google to ask about this. This information took me about 3 seconds to find.

Archived