Questions about Gig Videos

teenytinypress

I haven’t been able to find a comprehensive resource about the rules for gig videos. Am I missing it somewhere?

I don’t have the equipment or the know-how to make my own videos. If I want to add a video to my gig, does the video have to be a video of me presenting my own gig? In other words, can I use a video someone else makes for me?

My gigs are mostly related to writing services. I was thinking I would really like to buy a gig from an other seller to have a video made that uses animation to promote my gig (like a whiteboard drawing that describes what I do an shows a cartoon of someone writing!), but I wasn’t sure if this would be approved or not by fiverr.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/information! 🙂

If you take a look at my profile, I have a few white board videos. I also have 'screen capture" power points.

It doesn’t HAVE to be you. But it does have to be original and ideally produced for/by you and not done in a way that would likely lead to a duplicate if someone bought the same gigs as you to get it done.

People have had gig videos rejected. I’ve done fine, with no rejections ever.

If you take a look at my profile, I have a few white board videos. I also have 'screen capture" power points.

It doesn’t HAVE to be you. But it does have to be original and ideally produced for/by you and not done in a way that would likely lead to a duplicate if someone bought the same gigs as you to get it done.

Thanks for the tips. It seems like the guideline is that you make your own video of yourself, but I couldn’t find any place where it was written that you couldn’t have a unique video made for you, if the video described your services accurately.

It can be a bit of a challenge with more writing-oriented services and figuring out what to do about videos. I keep reading that a video can lead to more sales but haven’t known what would be best for me.

Thanks for the tips. It seems like the guideline is that you make your own video of yourself, but I couldn’t find any place where it was written that you couldn’t have a unique video made for you, if the video described your services accurately.

It can be a bit of a challenge with more writing-oriented services and figuring out what to do about videos. I keep reading that a video can lead to more sales but haven’t known what would be best for me.

Archived