Fiverr Community Forum

Questions About Managing Oddly Timed Orders/Overbooking

Hello! First time posting here but I’ve been on Fiverr for almost a year now. I really enjoy this service and it’s probably my most lucrative platform for selling illustration commissions! But I have some questions that maybe you guys can help with?
I have a couple different gigs going (one for furry commissions, anime commissions, ect.) and I’ll often get orders at the same time over multiple different gigs. I’ve found that the order queue feature doesn’t exactly stop customers from ordering something when I’ve already been overbooked. I’ve been able to avoid that happening too much by having a “please contact me” before placing an order listed at the top of all of my gig’s descriptions to try to mitigate that. While this has worked for the most part, I still have trouble with a different issue; a lot of customers will place orders between midnight and 4am. While I’m usually up pretty late it’s tough when I have gig options with one day turn arounds and an order is placed in the wee hours of the morning. I guess my question in that case is, can customers see what time it is for the seller? I know we can see their time but don’t know if they can see ours? In addition, does turning off an on ‘in/out of office’ help with this at all? I haven’t actually been late with any orders yet but I worry that one day I might get multiple orders without my knowledge that can’t be completed in a timely manner.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and I appreciate any advice, tips, or experience with this conundrum. All my customers up to this point have been really amazing and understanding it’s more of considering future concerns.

1 Like

They do but they don’t care :slight_smile:

The only effective solution would be to make all your gigs 48 hours delivery minimum. You can add a $5 extra for 24 hours delivery, some buyers are willing to pay to get the product sooner. But not all of them so you won’t get overwhelmed.

5 Likes