Quick Low Quality vs Ample High Quality

kerrimax

Hi Fiverr Community. I welcome your thoughts on this important topic. What really should buyers and sellers understand with regards to quality vs quick turnaround? In my short time here on fiverr I have noticed that buyers request certain jobs or certain amount of jobs to be done and sent to them like yesterday. Sellers become stressed and under pressure to race against the clock to meet the deadline, but the work is not up to standard and then you may get a bad review or none because of that fact. Why don’t buyers and sellers alike understand that not every job is suited for a quick turn around? Should quality be thrown through the Window? Your thoughts please.

The way I look at it is that these types of unreasonable buyers exist in any client work, not just Fiverr. And Fiverr enables this type of person to be like that.

So these people are always going to be around, but that doesn’t have to dictate how we run our business. There are plenty of reasonable buyers out there. We need to focus on attracting them and deterring the bad ones.

There will always be buyers who are going to want a quick turnaround no matter what the project is. It’s dependent on the seller to understand what the buyer is asking and assess their own abilities. You can only worry about yourself - what are your limitations? Reject work that you know you can’t deliver on. The buyer will move on.

I agree with all your comments and my thoughts exactly. I also consider that some clients/buyers are working with a deadline and might need a rush order. Kudos to the best seller who can deliver within an hour or two with relatively perfect quality. It’s not the best idea to promise a buyer that you can deliver in X time when you know that it will require Y time. Overall quality suffers to meet X deadline. Buyers must know this upfront.

With regards to sellers. Many sellers might be desperate to make a sale and to impress a client (new or regular) by making quick turnarounds and client may give a good review for a job that might not be so up to standard. If there is such a thing. Next thing you know you never see that client again because really and truly they were not pleased with the work. Lack of quality.

Not all buyers are like that. I have 7, 10 and even 14 days deliveries. And people are fine with that. Of course I also have an extra for a fast delivery but not that many people using it.

I think the priority is to know your target audience and their needs.
Of course I get from time to time messages like “why does it take so long” where I have to explain that all quality takes time, research, understanding, designing etc and if they are in such a rush they can pay extra for a faster service. And most of them just leave because their needs are different. And if they expect good quality in 2 hours delivery then most likely they don’t understand the specifics of his own business and work involved in it.

People who come to me with “I needed it yesterday” definitely are not people I will be working with because that’s already a sign of bad organisational skills and most likely they also wouldn’t be organised and stricter with their requirements or revisions (of course there are always some exceptions)

Not all buyers are like that. I have 7, 10 and even 14 days deliveries. And people are fine with that. Of course I also have an extra for a fast delivery but not that many people using it.

I think the priority is to know your target audience and their needs.

Of course I get from time to time messages like “why does it take so long” where I have to explain that all quality takes time, research, understanding, designing etc and if they are in such a rush they can pay extra for a faster service. And most of them just leave because their needs are different. And if they expect good quality in 2 hours delivery then most likely they don’t understand the specifics of his own business and work involved in it.

People who come to me with “I needed it yesterday” definitely are not people I will be working with because that’s already a sign of bad organisational skills and most likely they also wouldn’t be organised and stricter with their requirements or revisions (of course there are always some exceptions)

I’m the same! I don’t mind losing potential business from the “I need this yesterday” types of people because I don’t want to work with those kinds of people. I’m glad if my efforts turn them away!

We have to do what is best for our mental health and revenue. And physical health, too.

Also, I’d like to add that if you want to provide something for a low price, you can do that. But do work that is appropriate for that price, especially work that you can scale down to that price. That way you can meet whatever demand you want to tap into without compromising your work. This is better than offering lower quality for a lower price. You can offer high quality for a low price if you scale it properly so you still get paid well.

Archived