Quitting my job to devote more time here

letsgodigital

I don’t think I’d leave my job unless I had a steady flow of orders for at least 1-2 months (I waited as well, although for me I had no choice but come back home for health reasons). If you are contacted a lot by potential buyers and have to turn them down due to lack of time - it might be a good idea.

However, if you can still juggle the two then it might be best to wait. Fiverr is unpredictable sometimes (in my experience).

BAD IDEA!!!

Let me tell you my story.

It took me over a year to get my first job on Fiverr.

I have freelance work on Fiverr and non-Fiverr clients (I had these before I joined Fiverr). I think that is the only way you are going to be able to make a good income is to have more than one source of work.

I started freelancing in January 2014.

I didn’t quit my job (actually, I owned a business that I closed down) until September 2016.

It took that long to generate enough business so I could freelance full-time.

I tell you this simply because there is so much competition on Fiverr (thousands of people doing the same services as you) that the math makes it impossible for you to do much more than a plausible part-time income here.

Yes, there are some full-timers.

But they are the elite.

They are the true professionals.

Even if you are in the category, it will still take time for you to be established enough to replace your low-paying full-time job.

BAD IDEA!!!

Let me tell you my story.

It took me over a year to get my first job on Fiverr.

I have freelance work on Fiverr and non-Fiverr clients (I had these before I joined Fiverr). I think that is the only way you are going to be able to make a good income is to have more than one source of work.

I started freelancing in January 2014.

I didn’t quit my job (actually, I owned a business that I closed down) until September 2016.

It took that long to generate enough business so I could freelance full-time.

I tell you this simply because there is so much competition on Fiverr (thousands of people doing the same services as you) that the math makes it impossible for you to do much more than a plausible part-time income here.

Yes, there are some full-timers.

But they are the elite.

They are the true professionals.

Even if you are in the category, it will still take time for you to be established enough to replace your low-paying full-time job.

Yes that make sense i will keep it going till i find more stable work here. thanks for the advice

If you browse the forum a little bit, you’ll see that there is a decent amount of level one and level two seller who found themselves suddenly having not many orders because of gig rotation.

If you can manage the two jobs at the same time, keep it. It’s more money for you.

If you are getting too many orders on Fiverr to work on both jobs, upgrade you prices until you get less orders but still win in terms of money. That way you still have stability and you make even more money. It’s a win/win situation.

Archived