Racism on Fiverr

saurabhchopra20

What racism? I’m Asian. When someone doesn’t want to work with me, I hire the person that does.

I won’t force people to take my money. Their loss.

There are many talented sellers on 5r, I’m sure you will find one.

That line - “I am facing problems from Indians” is one I don’t like. It is too blatant.

That line - “I am facing problems from Indians” is one I don’t like. It is too blatant.

I agree.

I’ve faced many racist and sexist behavior from people around the world in my everyday life. I’ve come to ignore the minor ones that mean nothing to me.

There are people who don’t like to work for individuals of certain race, gender, sexuality, religion, etc. That’s their problem, not mine.

My money is green and is worth the same as my neighbors. I want to spend my energy on people that like me, not those that hate me.

Capture

They mentioned the above lines in their gig, Is it allowed according to Fiverr ToS?

Is it allowed according to Fiverr ToS?

Discrimination isn’t allowed, but if they can prove that there’s a valid reason why their service doesn’t work for certain countries, that’s different.

@saurabhchopra20, was the above line (not providing their service to customers from India and Pakistan) in the gig description when you placed your order?

This line was not there. They seem to have added it now.

It is racist, discriminatory and illegal.

It is racist, discriminatory and illegal.

And your exposing their user ID was illegal according to fiverr TOS, you should also be banned?

Dude, some stuff just isn’t worth going full chicken little over. Could be racism, could be that they are tired of being burned. (98% of the people who have screwed me on fiverr are from 2 countries.) I am wary when I get orders from there. Is that racist, or is it proof that there are hotbeds where these issues are much more likely to happen? Since you are so interested in absolute justice, would you please reimburse me for the folks who have burned me countless times?

Either way, calm down.

You can submit a ticket to Customer Support and complain about the whole thing. Discrimination isn’t allowed.

Discrimination isn’t allowed

I thought we were free to work with whomever we want? I don’t see any discrimination or racism. All I see is a seller that just doesn’t want to work with a certain demographic of people which how the OP is responding kinda makes sense to me.

I’m sorry but I just can’t wrap my head around this.

Discrimination isn’t allowed

I thought we were free to work with whomever we want? I don’t see any discrimination or racism. All I see is a seller that just doesn’t want to work with a certain demographic of people which how the OP is responding kinda makes sense to me.

I’m sorry but I just can’t wrap my head around this.

I thought we were free to work with whomever we want?

We are, but if you say that you refuse to work with people from a certain country, it can be seen as discrimination (and that’s a ToS violation), and punished as such. If you feel that a certain buyer is going to be a problem, cancel the order, sure. Because you feel that that specific buyer is going to be a problem.

I thought we were free to work with whomever we want?

We are, but if you say that you refuse to work with people from a certain country, it can be seen as discrimination (and that’s a ToS violation), and punished as such. If you feel that a certain buyer is going to be a problem, cancel the order, sure. Because you feel that that specific buyer is going to be a problem.

The seller told me on chat that he wants to work with only white people as Asians are not honest.

I really can’t wrap my head around this - If this is not discrimination, then what is?

The seller told me on chat that he wants to work with only white people as Asians are not honest.

I really can’t wrap my head around this - If this is not discrimination, then what is?

Report him to Customer Support if you wish, and move on to another seller. If a certain seller doesn’t want to work with you, you can’t force them.

Perhaps all of this seller’s experiences with people from your region were bad? Not that it justifies discrimination.

I should put in my G Suite gig that I cannot provide service to Crimea, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria. Or mainland China for that matter.

This isn’t my discrimination, Google just plain doesn’t work in those regions of the world.

I’d hate to have an order cancellation due to that.

Report him to Customer Support if you wish, and move on to another seller. If a certain seller doesn’t want to work with you, you can’t force them.

Perhaps all of this seller’s experiences with people from your region were bad? Not that it justifies discrimination.

Was just finished writing almost the exact same thing when you posted!

@saurabhchopra20 report them and move on, if you are right you are not going to gain anything from dealing with them. They have their reasons for doing this and whether they are right or wrong, they are not going to work with you so find someone else.

Was just finished writing almost the exact same thing when you posted!

@saurabhchopra20 report them and move on, if you are right you are not going to gain anything from dealing with them. They have their reasons for doing this and whether they are right or wrong, they are not going to work with you so find someone else.

Do you think such racist sellers should be allowed on Fiverr?

That’s not racism. Sorry, but it’s understandable if a seller doesn’t want to work with a certain group of people based on their past experiences. Just move on and find someone better but don’t call this racism.

When the seller says that he wants to only work with white people, is that not discrimination??

Do you think such racist sellers should be allowed on Fiverr?

I will say it again - take the appropriate action and the people in charge will decide what should be done.

Move on to someone else.

You act like you are surprised that some people behave like this. There are millions of people on the platform, of course some are going to do and say things you don’t like. Once you have taken the appropriate action, I don’t see what the point of dwelling on it is.

I don’t know exactly what was said between you and the seller so I am not commenting on that, but, if I had a string of problems with people from one country and nowhere else then I would have to consider not selling to that country as a business decision - nothing else.

I will say it again - take the appropriate action and the people in charge will decide what should be done.

Move on to someone else.

You act like you are surprised that some people behave like this. There are millions of people on the platform, of course some are going to do and say things you don’t like. Once you have taken the appropriate action, I don’t see what the point of dwelling on it is.

I don’t know exactly what was said between you and the seller so I am not commenting on that, but, if I had a string of problems with people from one country and nowhere else then I would have to consider not selling to that country as a business decision - nothing else.

I’m waiting for Fiverr to take action action against the seller. If Fiverr does not take action against racist behaviour, that means it condones this behaviour.

I’m waiting for Fiverr to take action action against the seller. If Fiverr does not take action against racist behaviour, that means it condones this behaviour.

Legal action? Really?

Get real - an international lawsuit over a transaction where you were seeking to get a bazillion backlinks or something similar for $5-50?

I would not hold your breath for the action to be taken by the way, last time I reported someone it was 2-3 months later before the action was taken.

Edit: Oh, you removed the mention of legal action.

Screenshot_20171202-222447.thumb.jpg.f7791abd1f380f9f666f1e2394ee69ca.jpg

Please see attached Fiverr TOS.

It clearly mentions “The Fiverr marketplace is open to everyone. Discrimination against a community member based on gender, race, age, religious affiliation, ■■■■■■ preference or otherwise is not acceptable and may result in the suspension/removal of your account.”

Now shouldn’t Fiverr suspend/remove the offending seller?

@saurabhchopra20 You have every right to feel the way you do. So, I’m not going to dismiss your concerns as they are “VALID”. You’ve taken the proper steps by reaching out to Customer Support. After, reading the screenshot the seller basically added you to the entire basket of bad 🍎 in a bunch. However, the seller immediately refused to work with you before giving you a chance. Which is a POOR buying experience!

Please see attached Fiverr TOS.

It clearly mentions “The Fiverr marketplace is open to everyone. Discrimination against a community member based on gender, race, age, religious affiliation, ■■■■■■ preference or otherwise is not acceptable and may result in the suspension/removal of your account.”

Now shouldn’t Fiverr suspend/remove the offending seller?

So quote that to customer service and they will use their judgement to decide what should happen.

In a similar way, you have broken the forum rules 3 times by posting the user’s name - I believe the 2 subsequent times were through carelessness on your part so I have not suspended you. By the rules, you should have been suspended but I have looked into the situation and made a judgement call. Just let CS do the same and move on.

Archived