Fiverr Community Forum

Raising too much money By fiverr

I am a new developer and started my own fiverr account last month.Before starting my fiverr account I did some projects on fiverr with reference of a friend.My earnings on fiverr were:

$40 got $32
$25 got $20
$5 got $4
$30 got $24

So that means I made $100 after all ,but got $80 that was fine enough.My question is fiverr get 20% from seller but why they also get from the client? More thing is every withdraw they deducts $1 for 3 days and $3 for immediate transaction.

My ATM also deducts $4 for service.

Then what is for me?.Is it good for those who work hard, manage their classes and clients but what they get after that?

Fiverr should think about us.Every organization need employees and they are the power.They can charge 10% from both but don’t.If this will remain we have to think about some other platform.If there is no one now, We can create it.

Guys Be united.

yawn

Fiverr has employees all over the world but you are not an employee of Fiverr. You own a business and Fiverr gives you a platform and clients. If you want to make your own site with other freelancers, go for it! You may not be rude and use Fiverr’s website and forum to organize a non-Fiverr platform. There are sellers lined up to be on Fiverr and take the money that isn’t enough for you.

Buyers pay a processing fee to put money ON the site. Sellers “pay” Fiverr 20% for advertising and providing a platform on which they may sell (which includes the rules, protection, customer service, file transfer abilities, etc.). Paypal, Payoneer, and other withdraw methods require a fee for getting money OFF the site.

If you only ever worked on Fiverr, you could be a seller, earn credits, then buy from other sellers and never pay a processing fee.

The processing fees for withdraw are expensive if you withdraw frequently or at small sums. Paypal, for example, charges 2% of the amount, up to $1. If you withdraw at $20, this is a big chunk of your money. If you withdraw at $200 or $500, this isn’t an issue. The ATM fee is a similar example: you can withdraw the max amount once every few months and manage in between, or you are charged for the convenience of frequent withdrawals.

It’s important for sellers to think in terms of what they actually earn, not what the buyer pays. If you don’t think you’re getting paid enough for your services (I mean, if your services were worth $100, but you only go paid $80 for them), then you need to raise your prices so that, after Fiverr’s cut and whatever other fees you have to pay (like withdrawing to PayPal and from an ATM) you make what you think your work is worth. Fiverr’s 20% skim has always been there. You were never going to earn the full $5 a buyer pays. That extra dollar was never yours.

Fiverr gives you the opportunity to start a business without having to pay out anything unless you make a sale. That is the way to look at it. Everything else you can adjust accordingly as the previous comments suggest.

As a new seller on Fiverr, the business model makes complete sense. There are a lot of fees associated with a brick and mortar and marketing. So if you want ti be your own entity you will eat that cost at a much higher percentage. I am a newbie to the sight although I have been offering my services and involved with voiceover and production for 25+ years. My agents take a percentage, marketing costs, supplies, subscriptions, ect… all have much higher costs associated with them compared to fiverr.

The only issue with the sizeable chunk is that Fiverr offers no protection for sellers with that chunk. No protection against PP chargebacks, they won’t even fight it.