Rant about Fiverr's website and service to the sellers

no matter what I place in the title to my gig I keep getting these errors. My current title is specifically just like this… I I will make different hairstyles from your photos. And make you baby photo with". In red letters at the top of page it says…Title contains illegal characters. Cover scaling ratio cover scaling ratio in the wrong format. Cover crop coordinates crop coordinates in the wrong format. Also I try to upload a photo in “cover photo” section… The photo will not display. And yes I do have the right size and it is just a picture of me. Also, why did you delete my first gig without sending me an email explaining why??? So what is the problem Fiverr? Seriously - See more at: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/17669/problem-with-title-contains-illegal-characters#sthash.AJlyJ1vD.dpuf

What is the problem Fiverr? What difference does it make what characters I place in MY GIG in MY TITLE??? Look at what I typed for my title? You can’t get any better than that. This is NOT 3rd grade… People talk and use just a little bit of different language than you do, SO WHAT? Sometimes a person likes to use LOL… instead of typing it all out. You tell me what is it going to hurt? I’ve had nothing but trouble with you. Photos don’t load. One time I had 74 characters in the box and your site refused to post my gig because I used too many letters. Last time I checked 74 is less than 80. Maybe you went to that “other” school. Fix your website problems… This is all about US. The buyer and the seller. You are just here to make it GREAT for US> PERIOD. When a business, goes into business, they are supplying a service for THE PEOPLE. The people are number 1. Not some useless and outdated rule about scaling ratios, cover crop coordinates. Exactly what is that.? If you look at what I have said in my title to my gig is there no reason for it not to go through. So what’s up???

katylady77 said: I know you can't include an exclamation point I tried something to the effect of "I will write 400 words of awesome content!" had to remove the punctuation ..g.rrr! marketing 101 is to include positive words and energy!

Pre-Marketing 101 is to make sure your message can be seen in the first place. ;)

lol… I just tried again. I made sure my images were correct size in pixels and bytes. The same thing with the title. I can place 1 letter or 75 letters in the title box and none of it works. I would appreciate some help with this. Thanks for your time…

Thanks Madmoo. I appreciate it… I am out of here. I have wasted enough of my time with Fiverr. I got better things to do like wipe my ass with 36 grit sandpaper…

I’m trying to post and I received this message. I don’t know what it means or how to fix the problem. Also Friverr does not return my e-mails to customer service.

"Cover scaling ratio cover scaling ratio in the wrong format

Cover crop coordinates crop coordinates in the wrong format"

Denise

It looks as though you might be trying to upload a “Cover” photo that doesn’t conform to their specifications. My advice FWITW is to get you Gig up without a “Cover” which is optional. Gallery photos use a different specification and are much more vital to your Gig.

I know you can’t include an exclamation point I tried something to the effect of “I will write 400 words of awesome content!” had to remove the punctuation …g.rrr! marketing 101 is to include positive words and energy!

For the scaling ratio errors with he cover banner - if you switch to another browser like “firefox” - it will work :slight_smile: I had the same issue with Internet Explorer on Win 8 that went away using “firefox”. Peace and love!

Why certain characters can not be used has to do with coding. I think Fiverr uses Ruby on Rails to code the site but not 100% sure. I do know that certain characters mean different things in different coding languages (php, ruby on rails, java script, etc). I use to run a website and there were certain characters that could cause havoc to the site coding so members could not use them. It wasn’t because I didn’t want them to use them, it was a coding situation and I had no choose but to prevent those characters from being used or it would cause havoc.

Simplydavids, I could kiss you!!! I was banging my head against the wall trying to get it done in IE, but as soon as I switched to Chrome it was done! Thank you so much!