Fiverr Forum

Ranting About No Sales...Zero

I kept hearing great things about Fiverr, so I figured why not give it a try. I’m semi retired and only working part-time, so I needed to find something to do. I put a lot of thought into what services I could offer. I came up with two that I thought were pretty good. I posted the gigs. Then, I tweeted about them and posted about them on Facebook. But still no sales except one from a guy who canceled right away because he ordered the wrong gig. I don’t know .I’m beginning to think it’s my picture that’s turning people off.

Hello there sir,

Personally I think your gig ( the virtual mechanic one) is brilliant, and

I’m sure if you sit tight you will get orders soon. I wish I knew you when I had my

car problem in the states!!!

I think a sample video would help a LOT here.

If you actually film a short clip, people will get a clear idea of how things work, and they can

decide if you are good at explaining stuff. Maybe one sample clip of something very simple like

changing a car battery for beginners, and another clip of something a bit more complicated.

I think it would also help if you change your photo into you wearing a mechanic’s outfit,

or maybe create a logo of mechanic’s tools or something???

Good luck!!

I agree with adding a video. It helps a ton, within a few hours of posting my video and it going live (fiverr states it can take up to 24 hours to process) I had my first order.

Feel free to contact me direct if you would like to discuss. Having video is a definite must to increase visibility.

Change your category to Lifestyle-> Online Private Lessons (In my opinion, it’s a more relevant category.)

Add a video to your page(My sales tripled the very next day and then onwards from the moment the video got added in.).

Do keyword research via Keywords tools like the one that Google has for Adwords. Run PPC ad campaigns for low competition but relevant keywords.

Car Advice, buying a used, buying a used car advice, buying a used car tips

Are just from a quick look, all low cost CPC ads you can take out that are relevant ot your gig. Do make sure to run this by Fiverr as I am not 100% sure if PPC advertising is ok’ed by them, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t be.

A lot of Top-rated sellers do quite a lot of advertising campaigns beyond just the hope of being found in Fiverr’s page, take these ideas and piece it together. I personally don’t market myself at all outside of Fiverr, but when I do I am expecting almost triple or quadruple the sales I get.

You should also keep in mind that very few gigs take off right away. And by very few I mean maybe 1%.

Most people don’t start really seeing any sales for a few months. You just gotta keep plugging.

Getting a few gigs here and there does go a long way though. Hit up family and friends. The five bucks they’ll spend is really nothing, and once you start rolling it’s like a snowball effect. It just takes a long time to get the ball rolling.

Hey George, the mechanic gig is a great idea and I do believe it will take off. But you’re right, your profile picture is out of focus and doesn’t present you as a knowledgeable mechanic. You also need to polish up your profile description. You might be bored (as are many Fiverr sellers) but introducing yourself that way isn’t going to give buyers any confidence in your abilities. Would you go to a doctor who is treating you just because he doesn’t have anything better to do?

A video might help, but a sharper photo and a description that highlights your skills & strengths will do a lot. Remember, Fiverr doesn’t work like a co-op, it’s a place for people to buy and sell affordable products and services that are provided quickly. You have to SELL yourself, no-one else will do it for you.

All the best.