READ IT! Fiverr is now doing something which means a huge drop in scams!

thecreativeguys

You probably already set it!

Yes. It’s the new feature. Set your security question.

And if you want to change it and you forgot your “answer” you must contact Customer Support!

This means:

Way less fraud

Less spammers hacking in

And less money being stolen

What do you say about this new feature?

Anything that cuts down on scamming is great. ive been a member for 8 days (Already have 10 completed gigs) but my first offer was from a scammer that wanted me to do the work first without him putting in the buyer order. Saying things like “If you work is up to my standards then you’ll get paid”. I almost cancelled my account.

Not really good. I just got hacked and lost $106. Not really much i know but i worked so hard for it this whole month. There’s a paypal account associated with my fiverr account which is for sure belongs to the thief because i haven’t set one. I made attempt to change it but fiverr sent the instructions to the thief paypal email address instead of my email account that i used to register at fiverr.

I’m not an expert in the “web” stuff, but i wonder why fiverr doesn’t use https istead of the insecure http protocol?

Here i upload the screenshot.

Having a security question can help to stop stealing accounts, but it’s not much useful. Other people cannot steal your account like magic, they need your password. If your password is strong and you love to become a secret gamer, they won’t steal your account.

When you do have more browsing experience, you’ll not face phishing attacks too.

Finally, there is one more security measure I’d love to see on Fiverr.

• SSL Certificate(https) 🙂

I love a good working website every way in moving forward is a win.

The ony thing i have problems with is the support on Fiverr.I have found a bug in the Fiverr system that i am trying to get trough to the people responsible…

i think i spoken to about al support email workers yet it is like i am talkig to a automated robot system… check my post for more details.

http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/comment/153169#Comment_153169

I really like the new security feature, but don’t you think it would be even better if once you decide to withdraw money they ask you the security question? i mean it’s good to withdraw it with just one click of a button, but let’s say someone hacked your account and wanted to withdraw the money in there favor, if they are asked the security question before the withdrawal it would stop them from stealing the money!! what do you think guys?

Reply to @kjblynx: I did. Changing the paypal account does need us to enter the security code. I had no problem with that. But as maybe you have realized, to withdraw funds to paypal account doesn’t need security code to be entered. And i suspect it is why the hacker could steal my money easily (There was no paypal account associated with my fiverr account that time, so the first transaction set it up). I’ve tried it after the support helped me replacing the hacker’s paypal with mine. I just need to click on the paypal button and there the money went to my paypal account.

Reply to @mehdivir: Actually once your fiverr account has a paypal account associated with it, you don’t need to worry so much because it’s really hard to replace the paypal account (you’ll need to contact the support and provide them your ID scan, etc). It could be even harder than stealing your security code.

The problem arises when it happens to new users whose fiverr account has no paypal account associated with it. Once a thief withdraws the money, then the victim’s fiverr account automatically get associated with that paypal account and replacing it with the real user’s account can be a real pain.

Archived