READ, People! Be original!

helenabester

I am a seller here on Fiverr, but I posted a buyers request yesterday to help one of my clients to get his project done.

Sellers!

29 replies to my request - and NOT one original response. I explicitly stated 2-3 things I need - NO ONE addressed that. Instead, I received paste-and-copy ‘ads’ most not even relevant to my request.

So - stop complaining, please. You’ll never get orders if you don’t READ, get personal with the buyer AND TELL him what YOU can do to get the job done.

READ the request, and don’t reply if you can’t really provide the service! You are wasting the buyer’s time and your own, for that matter.

If you are a match for the request, write a personal note (A NEW ONE EVERY TIME).

“Hi, I see you are looking for XX and XX. I believe I am the best person for the job because I can XX, YYY, and ZZZ.”

If the buyer asked you to include a keyword to see if you read his request - well, duh! Include it! Only 3 of the 29 requests I received added my keyword - a few brownie points there, I suppose.

There are many threads here on this forum about buyer requests and ‘how can I get more orders.’ Well, here’s a place to start.

• Like 251
  • Congrats! 5
  • Up 10
  • Thanks 23

Yep. It’s a total disaster.

It almost makes me laugh when I see them writing “I perfectly understood your request” and after that copy pasted how many years of experience they have with let’s say data scrapping when I asked for animation.

I guess all those terrible seller responses are why I keep winning orders in the buyer request section. It’s not hard to sell yourself as a professional, so long as you take the time to understand the needs of the buyer, and learn how to connect with those who are asking for help.

• Like 125
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 5

I guess all those terrible seller responses are why I keep winning orders in the buyer request section. It’s not hard to sell yourself as a professional, so long as you take the time to understand the needs of the buyer, and learn how to connect with those who are asking for help.

@jonbaas You still respond to buyer requests? 😃

Just joking. I like them for precisely this reason. I can win orders!

• Like 106
  • Thanks 6

There are many popular tips that a lot of people follow and are grateful for it. :roll_eyes:

It’s totally unpredictable when your buyer responses to your queries and offers! But you should keep trying your best in every single way. I have come across many of my friends who just get frustrated for not having a single reply even after sending 200+ requests. Let me remind you, you are not the only one who is suffering this - there are many more like you. But you need to keep our boat sailing that’s how you win! These days its tough to compete because every day thousands of new sellers are…
  • Like 110
  • Thanks 4

You still respond to buyer requests?

I do. There’s gold in those requests, if you know how to communicate well. 😉

How do you deal with the ridiculous offers? Do you respond with your own unique price or go with the buyer’s offer?

• Like 106
  • Thanks 3

Is it true that only the first 10 people who send an offer get their messages seen, let’s say I send an offer after 10 current offers have already been sent, will the buyer who posted the request see my message and offer?

• Like 98
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 4

Is it true that only the first 10 people who send an offer get their messages seen, let’s say I send an offer after 10 current offers have already been sent, will the buyer who posted the request see my message and offer?

The first 10 thing is about unleveled sellers and requests being removed from the list shown to unleveled sellers when there are a certain number of offers (possibly 10 but that’s not been confirmed by CS) sent by unleveled sellers. It doesn’t happen like that if you’re a level 1 seller I think that’s why you should see a lot more requests when you’re level 1. Maybe people who’ve posted a recent buyer request (not an offer) can say the actual number of offers sent from unleveled sellers for it (so we can see what the maximum is).

• Like 101
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 4

On 4/21/2020 at 6:54 AM, adriaana said:

How do you deal with the ridiculous offers? Do you respond with your own unique price or go with the buyer’s offer?

Don’t bid on anything you are not comfortable with. Decide what you are going to spend your time on. Ridiculous offers are often not worth it. Be patient, and bid on offers that sounds reasonable.

• Like 117
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 5

On 4/21/2020 at 6:54 AM, adriaana said:

I select whose request I wish to respond to, and I address their request personally. 

• Like 109
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 5

If the buyer asked you to include a keyword to see if you read his request - well, duh! Include it! Only 3 of the 29 requests I received added my keyword - a few brownie points there, I suppose.

I hate this…if the request seems legit I might still do it, but I don’t like the approach. I get why people do it, but it should take only a couple of seconds to see if you’re reading a template or if the bidder has actually addressed your questions.

If someone asks for a keyword, buyers can use their Finder to search for that keyword. This would save you from sifting through hundreds of responses and isolate your results to only the responses that complied. Even if you only took 2 seconds for each of all of them, that adds up and a keyword would allow you to skip that.

• Like 95
  • Congrats! 3
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

I understand why they do it, it doesn’t mean I have to like it…it seems like a power play.

Let’s say it takes 3 seconds to tell if you’re reading off a template, then each 100 offers would take you 5 minutes to sort through…even if you double that amount we’d still be talking about 10 minutes.

If you’re not willing to put 10 minutes to find the right provider you may not be that invested in the order after all, so why should other people?

Again, if the request seems legit I might still do it, but I don’t like it.

Ps: I don’t mean to direct this at you, just expanding on my previous post based on your answer.

“If you’re not willing to put 10 minutes to find the right provider you may not be that invested in the order after all, so why should other people?” I’m not saying to rush through offers.

If I could spend 1 second for each of 100 responses, 90% of which are duds, or 10 seconds for each of the 10 thoughtful, credible responses, which one do you think would be a better investment?

I’m not saying to rush. I’m saying to scale your efforts so you can focus on what matters.

• Like 98
  • Congrats! 3
  • Up 1

Do you go to the trouble to look into every profile you receive an offer for to check their location?

Even if that was the case it’s not allowed to name specific countries here…and no, removing the last 2 letters doesn’t make it okay so I’d suggest you editing your post to conform with the forum rules.

For sure i want to be sure to check profile to see gig quality, and sorry for it if it made offensive, but its my huge experience working from that country/region. Always failed.

• Like 97
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

On 4/22/2020 at 2:56 PM, urdeke said:

Here’s a fine example of what I meant by power play, fresh…right out the BR section

They want someone to do quite a bit of work via Team Viewer so you can guide and they can learn themselves on how to do it. Their budget? $6

But…please “edit the words “ultimate” when contacting me, as I do not reply to people who do not read and waist time with senseless questions”

That’s what get to me, when a time waster doesn’t want to have their time wasted

Edit: You can’t make these things up

To be considered to work for what they think will take 30 minutes and earn $5 you MUST type Wasik at the top of your proposal. But fear not cause “if this will go to done perfectly you will be hired again and again for more works”

After going through budgets/demands like this on that other site we don’t talk about, I asked my friend who was an experienced freelancer there how he managed to find work. He told me: “Don’t worry, these are not the actual prices, these are invitations to haggle. You name your price when you apply”.

I assumed BR worked the same way. But apparently, it’s just a never-ending festival of human delusion in there. These screenshots (and many similar ones that I’ve seen posted before) are mind-boggling.

PS. Magic hidden words are a big turn-off when it comes to project descriptions.

• Like 108
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

I actually do create original offers. I have a template though that contains things I always say. The greeting, the conclusion and what I will offer for what price. The paragraph immediately after “Hi, I’m Joshua” is personalized every single time. I edit it to fit the request the rest will be constant stuff like, let’s talk more about this project before you place your order… Etc. I have had all 6 of my clients from buyer requests but I haven’t had much luck in the past few days.

• Like 98
  • Thanks 4

Earlier today I sent an offer to a buyer request. He literally messaged me saying thanks for being the only one who actually read and submitted a real response. He accepted the offer and I did the $5 logo design for him. He then thanked me again, left a $15 tip, and gave me 5 stars. His review for me was “Finally someone with personality and a willingness to put in work” or something along those lines. It just surprises me how much it pays off to actually read and submit a valid response to these requests, especially in the logo industry with a bunch of generic answers just trying to be first.

• Like 101
  • Up 5

On 4/23/2020 at 3:49 AM, urdeke said:

Maybe I’m too close minded when it comes to this, but: If you want to haggle, I immediately tell you to go elsewhere.

I still go to the buyer’s request section cause you can definitely find good projects there, but you do have to filter a lot of those requests.

I might just do a quarantine scrapbook of all the “great opportunities” you can’t miss there

It will be funny and a great post!

On 4/23/2020 at 3:55 AM, guymastrion said:

Earlier today I sent an offer to a buyer request. He literally messaged me saying thanks for being the only one who actually read and submitted a real response. He accepted the offer and I did the $5 logo design for him. He then thanked me again, left a $15 tip, and gave me 5 stars. His review for me was “Finally someone with personality and a willingness to put in work” or something along those lines. It just surprises me how much it pays off to actually read and submit a valid response to these requests, especially in the logo industry with a bunch of generic answers just trying to be first.

I am proud of you!! Finally, someone who understands.

• Like 105
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I was scanning over a thread from 2020 about how to get “permanent clients”. Unless you have the elixir of life…anyways, I wanted to point out that paying attention to or commenting on the project details is a good way to get attention. Most of the sellers I have worked with never mention a thing about my project itself. It’s a small thing you can do to show you are aware and receptive or at least feign a connection with the project or the project’s concept.

Although I did have one time where my order file had two of my fiction character’s names in the file description—only one of the names was completely misspelled! Lol!

Why does this matter?
If I am looking for a web designer, I’ll find 100s of people who can talk to me or mention about Wordpress. But I will rarely find someone who actually talks about MY PROJECT. That’s the difference/distinction. I don’t mean write a five paragraph essay gushing about the client’s project, but even a small mention that directly mentions the project itself for a phrase or a sentence shows it’s not just generic work to the seller.
Yes, I know you know about Wordpress. So do 100 other people…but do you know even a tiny bit about my project?

Just a thought.

• Like 23

• 3 months later...

most of sellers just apply by pasting  copied material which sometimes even not match with the buyer request.

some months ago i was in need of some work so i posted a request but i was very surprised to get see the responses.  most of people have applied without reading the content.  it seems that they saved few lines of general nature and they post as reply of every buyer request.
in my opinion its unfair.  this habit must be changed. 

• Like 112
  • Confused 2
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 2

I made the mistake of looking for a cheap logo I could use as a watermark via BR. 

Out of the 200 replies I had about... 20 people message me directly (big no-no!) And maybe 150 if not more just copy paste whatever. My favourite were the first five or so that said 'I AM THE FIRST TO REPLY SO YOU CHOOSE ME' (Exact same script for all of them...)

Thing is - until Fiverr is full of spammers who think they can get orders by messaging other sellers - or people who copy other's gigs and descriptions...And are confused why they have no orders.. I don't think BR will be cleaner. 

• Like 118
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

we everyone was new once.

And we know that sending buyer request is one of the first option to get sales without advertising Fiverr gig.

I have recently posted a buyer request for one of my project that needed to be done

And the biggest mistake we all did and still I can see that 80% sellers doing is 

1) Never read or understand what the buyer actually looking for.

Example: A buyer asking for WordPress website migration 

and 70% Sellers with big details with where and when they have created a WordPress website their portfolio, their experience, 

come-on I don't want to see how many website you have created so far, I just need my WordPress website migration.

2)if the buyer put $5 for 1000 YouTube subscribers they are looking for .

70% seller place bid for $5 

NOH! Don't do it!

can you ever bring 1000 YouTube Subscribers for $5 ? no then why did you have placed bid with $5 ?

You should clearly say that I will charge $xxx for 1000 YouTube subscribers.

If your bid is higher then the buyer's budget Clearly mention this while submitting the request.

"I have checked that you have $5 budget for 1000 Subscribers but collecting 1000 Subscribers for $5 is not possible for anyone because  ................

.................................... ( you know why you cannot do in the buyer's budget )

3)Asking the buyer to contact before ordering.

This break the buyer heart because they know you have never read or understood their work details

and when someone posts a buyer request the main thing why they posted it because they don't want to waste their time 

contacting with multiple sellers in inbox.

Example: I have posted a project " I am looking for someone who can bring 10,000 Spotify REAL USA Plays in 7 days"

bidder1: I can Collect 10,000 Spotify REAL USA Plays in 5 days for $xxx

bidder 2:I can Collect 10,000 Spotify REAL USA | Premium Plays | many followers | save and playlist added but please contact me before ordering...

Whom you will hire ?

Surely Bidder 1

The person who asked you to contact before ordering because you know he offers more service but he/she must will increase the price you will just ignore him whatever he offers better service or lower price.

LAST but main mistake!

Never post a paragraph in buyer request with,

No one have time to read

When you have started freelancing

Why this work is important for you

How many similar projects you have completed before

What is your rating in Fiverr

What is your Fiverr level

!!Post A small short details!!

that you can do it and how you will do it, why the buyer should hire you.

Simple!

BEST OF LUCK WITH YOUR BUYER REQUEST!

• Like 188
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 8
  • Thanks 32