Reason of "Partial Delivery" Warning

muhammadfaheem0

Hello Doers,
We all have witnessed a couple of situations when a seller gets warning for delivering Partial Work and sometimes this results in getting banned permanently. I used to wonder how Fiverr CS know that a seller delivered incomplete work. 🧐
I purchased a gig from a seller a few days ago and today the seller delivered order and these are the options from which I had to choose one.

1262985321_50568685_817402135276462_5971627463552270336_n(1).png.6a80b85c2cb8acd92eedcef853cf72be.png

If a buyer clicks 2nd or 4th option, I guess, this is alarming situation for the seller and can result in warning or account termination.
So be careful, deliver complete quality work, avoid violating Fiverr rules, stay safe and keep earning! 🙂

it’s irrelevant , if I deliver a zip file for instance and a buyer can’t open the zip file from his phone he can easily select ‘’ I didn’t receive anything ‘’ even though he received exactly what was described . It would be silly to warn sellers because the buyer has no idea how to open a specific file even if you clearly explain in the delivery message how to open it .

Relax , in case of a warning or something like that someone from Fiverr actually checks if you delivered what is included in the package or not at least that would be normal .

I think this information is very helpful. Many sellers have posted about unwelcome surprises in the form of warnings or even suspensions. If sellers are aware of these easy-click buttons they might better be able to double check deliveries, send follow up questions, etc. Thanks!

So they have four choices, all of them bad? No good choices?

It looks like they are supposed to pick one of the four. Isn’t there any other option that indicates they are ok with what they got?

Is there some way they can mark it complete and leave a review instead of choosing one of the four horrible choices?

It looks like they are supposed to pick one of the four. Isn’t there any other option that indicates they are ok with what they got?

Is there some way they can mark it complete and leave a review instead of choosing one of the four horrible choices?

Yeah it looks like an inherently biased system, which is counter-productive.

I don’t think it is biased…

If you read the question carefully, it says:

“What is your reason for not approving this delivery?”

So I think these 4 options only pop up when the buyer clicks on an option that indicates they don’t wanna accept the delivery yet.

Do you notice? There’s also a back or skip button which probably takes the buyer to the other pages where they can accept the order/submit a review.

Isn’t there any other option that indicates they are ok with what they got?

Before these four options appear, a buyer is asked “Are you pleased with the delivery?” with these two buttons:

1. Yes.
  2. No.

When a buyer clicks No, he/she gets the four options shared in this post.

Of course, If a buyer clicks “Yes”, he/she will be prompted to complete the order and leave review.

Thought fiverr clearly stated it in the TOC that a buyer can’t cancel base on quality…??! I think that is misleading!

When a buyer click on dissatisfied with the quality hope it doesn’t have an option to cancel?!

They should only have an option to revise the work!!

I am not sure what happens next when some click “I’m not satisfied with the quality”. May be this works as “private feedback”?

I don’t think it is biased…

If you read the question carefully, it says:

“What is your reason for not approving this delivery?”

So I think these 4 options only pop up when the buyer clicks on an option that indicates they don’t wanna accept the delivery yet.

Do you notice? There’s also a back or skip button which probably takes the buyer to the other pages where they can accept the order/submit a review.

I’ve seen this since a while already, and yes, it’s just more options to tell Fiverr why exactly you don’t want to complete an order. This doesn’t apply if everything was okay with your order.

Actually, I think this might have been introduced in favour of the sellers because a buyer must pick one of those specific reasons to not complete an order and there is no choice for “don’t want to complete because I want to go on holidays now and check the delivery only after that”, “want to show it to my colleagues first”, “want to let the seller dangle a bit and ask for additional work in the meantime”, or something like that, which aren’t things I made up but things sellers did complain about here on the forum.

It’s like “hi, unless any of these 4 things wasn’t okay with your order, please go ahead and complete it now”

I’ve completed the last couple orders I got without a problem and without having to pick anything that would have been bad for the seller.

I don’t think anyone who did not do an empty or partial delivery or anything mentioned there needs to worry, same as before.

With one exception - if the seller suffers from from the attachment bug (see the latest bug reports) and unknowingly sends an empty/partial delivery because of that, that’s another story.

Although buyers did obviously complain about that before this change as well, I guess it could be that more might click one of those buttons then instead of contacting the seller first to ask what’s up.

It’s advisable, however, to check every delivery message right after delivering anyway to make sure all files you attached are showing up as attached on the delivery message, so if you do that, and everything seems OK (personally, I’m taking screenshots too currently because of that bug), you should be fine, no change to before.

• 2 weeks later...

Those 4 options make buyer more confused. But in return seller may have to suffer a long (account suspension)

Concern no 1- What’s the chances that one buyer will not choose mistakenly any of the options from 2- 4?

Concern no 2- Does anyone makes all 100 buyers fully satisfied? If not then the buyer must have to choose the option 2-4. Then What will happen? A warning for seller. But there was a simple way to judge seller’s work is leaving a negative feedback for his dissatisfaction. I think, now there has no more way to leave feedback when buyer choose he is not satisfied.

Concern no 3- I have been with fiverr for 5 years. I had seen that most of the new buyers have no idea about the order and delivery process. In some causes, they text us and we help to know the order and delivery process. So it’s easy for them to be confused with those buttons. So seller get warning. I am a great sufferer from it 😦

Concern no 4- Seller usually delivered order in different file formats. In cause buyer can’t open the file or seller forget something to add in final delivery. Then buyer prefer to choose the button with word "i don’t receive anything’ rather than choose a revision option. Another warning!!

Concern no 5- When a flagged opened under a partial delivery order how fiverr team verify that the order was partial? Does they review the buyer and seller conversation and get idea about the order and judge is the order partial or not? i think they should do.

Concern no 6- After getting a warning and if it’s done mistakenly by a buyer. Is there any request options for seller to justify the warring issue? I think result always goes against seller.

I welcome any terms and services to make fiverr trusted marketplace but fiverr should have ensure no other good seller are suffered mistakenly by these terms.

This is terrible! What If a competitor order your Gig and mark that didn’t received what he ordered? You will get a warning automatically knowing how fiverr works. It is very easy to ban other sellers accounts now. Terrible.

What If a competitor order your Gig and mark that didn’t received what he ordered? You will get a warning automatically knowing how fiverr works. It is very easy to ban other sellers accounts now. Terrible.

I don’t think it’s automatic at all. I think Fiverr verifies the legitimacy of a customer’s complaint wherever possible before acting on/responding to the complaint. 🙂

What If a competitor order your Gig and mark that didn’t received what he ordered? You will get a warning automatically knowing how fiverr works. It is very easy to ban other sellers accounts now. Terrible.

I don’t think it’s automatic at all. I think Fiverr verifies the legitimacy of a customer’s complaint wherever possible before acting on/responding to the complaint. 🙂

I really don’t think so. They don’t even check manually the IDs of sellers. Also you can get an automatic warning just for writing the word “Review” (as an example of How automated is their system)

I really don’t think so. They don’t even check manually the IDs of sellers. Also you can get an automatic warning just for writing the word “Review” (as an example of How automated is their system)

They don’t even check manually the IDs of sellers

The IDs are an entirely different matter, in my opinion. They’re something new that Fiverr has come up with. So that’s something totally different and cannot be compared to the other things that’ve been on Fiverr for a long time.

Typing certain words such as “Review” DO NOT trigger an automatic WARNING. They only trigger an automatic FLAG which then gets manually reviewed by Fiverr staff. If the context in which the word was used didn’t violate the ToS, your message (which had the word review in it) would be approved by Fiverr. Although the flagging of your message is automated, it still gets reviewed manually. I know this for a fact cuz I’ve experienced it.

Archived