Received a poor CAD render - I don't want to go through the resolution process. I want to cancel

Hi,
I’m pretty upset. Mainly because as someone attempting to start an interiors business from scratch, I haven’t the money to pay for work that isn’t what I’m asking for. The problem is the studio I hired presented a pre-revision render catastrophically misrepresentative of my original sketch.

Of course they’ve offered revisions, but given how disastrously they’ve misinterpreted my original sketch and instructions, I do not have the confidence they’re capable of rectifying it to my satisfaction. In addition to this, they listed fluent English as one of their attributes. This is clearly a false claim as the communication has been very rudimentary, and so the complexity of language I’d need to employ to hand hold them through the sheer mutiltude of revisions would be lost in translation.

Please compare the two images - mine has the pink and black colour scheme. I need some objective feedback on this, am I being too harsh, or do I have a point?
Look forward to any input on this.

Doug M

1-5-01.thumb.jpg.8fc56c23342382debbbad43847fdc0e4.jpg
1-5-011000×750 171 KB

I am sorry but I don’t think one you received is poor…although it may not be as you expected but thats not poor quality as per me…They may need to see scale of all objects though, so their sizes match…

If you want different color scheme and they are offering you revision, why not use that and ask them to to change as per your requirements ?

Guest ryansmith459

I’d say although it’s not what you expected I would use the option of the revision. It’s there for a reason and ultimately if you don’t like your second alternative and you let them know what you’ve wanted then you have every right to request another revision or a cancellation.

As yopu’ve mentioned, if their grasp of the English language isn’t as they’ve suggested then this could be the main barrier. As frustrating as this is it’s always worth giving the benefit of the doubt and giving them/him/her another chance. See how they do and then make a decision.

Hi,

I’m pretty upset. Mainly because as someone attempting to start an interiors business from scratch, I haven’t the money to pay for work that isn’t what I’m asking for. The problem is the studio I hired presented a pre-revision render catastrophically misrepresentative of my original sketch.

Of course they’ve offered revisions, but given how disastrously they’ve misinterpreted my original sketch and instructions, I do not have the confidence they’re capable of rectifying it to my satisfaction. In addition to this, they listed fluent English as one of their attributes. This is clearly a false claim as the communication has been very rudimentary, and so the complexity of language I’d need to employ to hand hold them through the sheer mutiltude of revisions would be lost in translation.

Please compare the two images - mine has the pink and black colour scheme. I need some objective feedback on this, am I being too harsh, or do I have a point?

Doug M

I need some objective feedback on this, am I being too harsh, or do I have a point?

Harsh is an understatement. In either case, you accepted Fiverr’s terms of service when you signed up to use the site. This states that orders cannot be canceled based on personal preference.

I am sorry but I don’t think one you received is poor…although it may not be as you expected but thats not poor quality as per me…They may need to see scale of all objects though, so their sizes match…

If you want different color scheme and they are offering you revision, why not use that and ask them to to change as per your requirements ?

It might not be poor in terms of technical competence, its very much a CAD render on those terms. But do you think it represents my sketch? I did not request their design input - they have chosen (presumed) to impose their design sensibility over my scheme and ignored the sketch.

I need some objective feedback on this, am I being too harsh, or do I have a point?

Harsh is an understatement. In either case, you accepted Fiverr’s terms of service when you signed up to use the site. This states that orders cannot be canceled based on personal preference.

Its not ‘preference’ when they ignored the specification list and my sketch. Its incompetence.

It might not be poor in terms of technical competence, its very much a CAD render on those terms. But do you think it represents my sketch? I did not request their design input - they have chosen (presumed) to impose their design sensibility over my scheme and ignored the sketch.

I understand…but they have tried to improve that actually…

If you don’t like their input, Just tell them to render exact similar scene with exact similar colors and it should be good !

If you don’t like their input, Just tell them to render exact similar scene with exact similar colors and it should be good !

I’m not interested in what they consider an improvement. And I’m surprised people imagine its ok to ride roughshod over carefully considered design decisions. The tiles and many other elements are not to my taste, at all. Its gaudy.

Its not ‘preference’ when they ignored the specification list and my sketch. Its incompetence.

Its not ‘preference’ when they ignored the specification list

Was it on your specification list to change the laws of perspective? Or did you want a render showing a child-size dining table surrounded by giant footstools?

What you see as incompetence looks more to me like someone with a lot more design experience using their initiative to provide you with a quality product.

Its gaudy.

LOL

Ok

Just tell them to render exact similar scene with exact similar colors and it should be good !

Thats what I asked in the first place. I no longer have confidence in them.

Its not ‘preference’ when they ignored the specification list

Was it on your specification list to change the laws of perspective? Or did you want a render showing a child-size dining table surrounded by giant footstools?

What you see as incompetence looks more to me like someone with a lot more design experience using their initiative to provide you with a quality product.

Its gaudy.

LOL

Ok

Haha, you’re****************And you have appalling taste.

!MOD NOTE!

Your reply to a users forum post was not appropriate.

Just tell them to render exact similar scene with exact similar colors and it should be good !

Thats what I asked in the first place. I no longer have confidence in them.

Thats what I asked in the first place

Thats what a revisions for…give it a chance, you know that they have worked and everyone deserves second chance…they actually have worked more then your requirements so its obvious that they can achieve one you want.

Thats what I asked in the first place

Thats what a revisions for…give it a chance, you know that they have worked and everyone deserves second chance…they actually have worked more then your requirements so its obvious that they can achieve one you want.

Ok, thanks for your reasonable answers.

According to Fiverr’s ToS, you can’t cancel an order just because you don’t like the finished product.

The render you received has many of the same ideas as the specifications that you provided, but perhaps more embellished than you’d care for. From an outsider’s perspective, it seems a simple case of ‘You have the right idea but took too many creative liberties – I’d like it closer to my original design in these ways.’

According to Fiverr’s ToS, you can’t cancel an order just because you don’t like the finished product.

The render you received has many of the same ideas as the specifications that you provided, but perhaps more embellished than you’d care for. From an outsider’s perspective, it seems a simple case of ‘You have the right idea but took too many creative liberties – I’d like it closer to my original design in these ways.’

Ok, thanks. Thats sounds reasonable. But they ignored at least 70% of the specification list.

What they’ve done isn’t terrible but nor would I say it’s amazing. In my opinion it’s on the low side of average.

I would say it all depends on whether your expectations were realistic for the money paid. If you paid $5, then you’ve got $5 of value. If you paid $50 then there’s some wiggle room. If you paid $500 then you’ve been ripped off.

There are some very obvious issues. The wall art is distractingly poorly resized, and that giant table and tiny armchair are very odd, and personally I’m not comfortable with the large area of empty floorspace in the bottom left of the image.

Does it look like your original concept? Not really. But I don’t know what their brief was.

However, I do have a major issue with sellers who claim to have native level English and who obviously can’t string a coherent sentence together in reality.

To not at least attempt to make use of the revisions really isn’t the best way to handle this. They’re there for a reason, and just because the final product the first go around is not perfect doesn’t mean that it won’t be through the use of revisions. That’s what they’re for. Personally, I would make use of them, and then see the result that they give you, then move forward from there. Now if they clearly ignore your requests in a revision…that’s a whole different story, but don’t assume they can’t re-deliver if you haven’t explored that option.

That wasn’t my experience. Buyer can cancel any order for no reason. CS will always side with them. They are a joke.

To not at least attempt to make use of the revisions really isn’t the best way to handle this. They’re there for a reason, and just because the final product the first go around is not perfect doesn’t mean that it won’t be through the use of revisions. That’s what they’re for. Personally, I would make use of them, and then see the result that they give you, then move forward from there. Now if they clearly ignore your requests in a revision…that’s a whole different story, but don’t assume they can’t re-deliver if you haven’t explored that option.

Thanks for your considered reply. Very helpful.

Haha, you’re****************And you have appalling taste.

!MOD NOTE!

Your reply to a users forum post was not appropriate.

appalling

He hasn’t shown you his taste, so how can it be appalling?

He’s explaining to you why the seller likely made the choices he did and why they were reasonable. You’re responding by insulting his supposed taste.

And you want us to think your desire for a refund is reasonable, yet you can’t discuss this rationally and instead resort to baseless, childish insults? Really?

Hi,

Doug M

Please compare the two images

they can’t be compared honestly …

Archived