Fiverr Forum

Received an order when I caught the flu :(

What should I do? Its a voice over request.

• Tell the buyer I´m sick and ask for more time.
  • Tough it out and hope for the best.
  • Cancel Order.
  • Wait one more day and maybe your health will improve you might be late tho.
  • There is a better way!

0 voters

1 Like

Posting more than 20 characters.

1 Like

I cannot imagine dealing with the flu and trying to do a decent voice over. I know when I have had the flu, I am either vomiting my guts out, or its coming out the “other end”, my nose is running, I have a fever and cannot even THINK straight. How someone could put out a good voice over unless it was for a flu medicine ad, is beyond me.

GG

1 Like

Look, if your buyer didn’t add extra fast delivery then they might be ok extending delivery time.

I think I would’ve been honest with them and told them that you catcher the flu and your voice is not in the best state right now and they will be ok to extend delivery time to ensure the best quality. Or alternatively if they are in a rush you can deliver it with your current voice and if they need to you are happy to work on the revision when your voice will be back “in shape”

Fever.:heavy_check_mark:
Massive Headache. :heavy_check_mark:
Aches all over. :heavy_check_mark:
Runny nose. :heavy_check_mark:
Congested. :heavy_check_mark:

Lol medicine ad. It hurts to laugh.

If you are the type who can just “plug through” illness, go for it and try to complete the order. I am a big baby and would NOT even attempt to work when I have the flu. LOL

GG

Well it wasn’t a rush delivery. But I know I won’t be fully recovered before the due date. Thanks this sound like it just might work.

That me right now :raising_hand_woman: We only need to add a cough on top of that.
But I’m working in graphic design so I still keep working, just from my bed and falling asleep with my laptop from time to time. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

So I messaged my client, they haven’t responded yet. I also mustered up what little energy I had and did the work. I hope everything goes well . Appreciate those who took the time to vote and comment Thank you!

So I didn’t have to extend the time and I completed the order got a 5 star.

2 Likes