Receiving less earning than the order placed

humnaharshad

Hi,Humnaharshad here.I am new on fiver.I received my first order one month after creating my account on fiver.My first customer placed an order of $15 for writing three articles which i did and received a 5 star rating.Although the order was of $15 yet I earned $12, $3 less than the order placed.A few days later,another order was placed of $15 but again I received $12.I have lost $6 from these 2 orders and it keeps on happening.Please can someone explain me why is this happening.I am very confused.
regards

Welcome, but you really should understand the terms of the marketplace.

Fiverr take 20 percent commission on all revenue you make. You keep 80 percent, Fiverr keep 20 percent.

EDIT: I’ll try and be more helpful! When you withdraw your revenue, take some time before doing so to understand the most cost effective way for your country. Depending on where you live - withdrawal fees, currency exchange rates, different withdrawal methods can make a massive difference to the amount of money that ends up in your account.

Welcome, but you really should understand the terms of the marketplace.

Fiverr take 20 percent commission on all revenue you make. You keep 80 percent, Fiverr keep 20 percent.

EDIT: I’ll try and be more helpful! When you withdraw your revenue, take some time before doing so to understand the most cost effective way for your country. Depending on where you live - withdrawal fees, currency exchange rates, different withdrawal methods can make a massive difference to the amount of money that ends up in your account.

Yes,I shall do in the future. Thank you so much for your guidance.I just created this account but was lucky enough to receive orders and faced this situation so decided to ask on the forum.

• 1 year later...
19 minutes ago, naniidoodles_ said:

As for me, it took away $21? I got paid and tipped to a total of $45 for an artwork I spent countless hours on the daily until I finally finished it. What my earnings from that is $24, and pending clearance $36 

The amount of earnings shown in the delivery window is not always correct. You can see the correct amount in your earnings tab. If you spent countless hours on your order and feel underpaid, raise your prices, simple as that.

51 minutes ago, naniidoodles_ said:

As for me, it took away $21? I got paid and tipped to a total of $45 for an artwork I spent countless hours on the daily until I finally finished it. What my earnings from that is $24, and pending clearance $36 

if you got tipped $45, the pending $36 would be the 80% of that

Edit: in your earnings tab, tips and order revenues are shown separately

On 9/25/2020 at 12:35 AM, humnaharshad said:

Hi,Humnaharshad here.I am new on fiver.I received my first order one month after creating my account on fiver.My first customer placed an order of $15 for writing three articles which i did and received a 5 star rating.Although the order was of $15 yet I earned $12, $3 less than the order placed.A few days later,another order was placed of $15 but again I received $12.I have lost $6 from these 2 orders and it keeps on happening.Please can someone explain me why is this happening.I am very confused.
regards

The fiverr will take 100% to 20% from your earnings, 5 dollars to 1 dollar, 10 to 2 dollars will be deducted in this way because they will take part of the income you are earning from fiverr.

Archived