Recently posted my first gig and I would love some feedback

ibrahim_chawqi

Hello everyone,

Happy to have joined the Fiverr community! Since I’m pretty new on here and just activated my first gig (which you can find here ) I was hoping some of you might have a look and share your thoughts on what I did good and what needs improvement.

I’m hoping to get my first order as fast as possible so I’d really want to nail down my gig description, imagery, etc.

Hope you all have an awesome day!

It says “any order with 1000 words or less will be completely free-of-charge”. How are you going to allow them to create a free order when the minimum price Fiverr allows for an order is $5 (excluding service charge)? If it’s done through the inbox it’s not an actual order.

It says “any order with 1000 words or less will be completely free-of-charge”. How are you going to allow them to create a free order when the minimum price Fiverr allows for an order is $5 (excluding service charge)? If it’s done through the inbox it’s not an actual order.

That’s a very good question. Basically, the buyer is gonna order like usual but after the order is completed they get their money back, so that it’s a win win they get their free order without me violating the rules.

That’s a very good question. Basically, the buyer is gonna order like usual but after the order is completed they get their money back, so that it’s a win win they get their free order without me violating the rules.

You can’t refund (cancel) an order once it is in “completed” status as far as I know (unless you did it through CS but they probably aren’t going to be happy about it). It would work if it is in delivered status, but your completed stat is going to be really low after. Refunding outside of Fiverr would get you an account warning (since it’s against the TOS).

The TOS also says:

Sellers must fulfill their orders, and may not cancel orders on a regular basis or without cause. Cancelling orders will affect Sellers’ reputation and status.

Also, if you were to cancel the order in order to give them a freebie, their feedback would not count.

Why on earth do you want to work for free? If you want to give away 1k words - perhaps make an offer of “order 1k words, get 1k words free” or something.

But, I think you’re asking to be abused by buyers here if you offer free stuff or unlimited revisions.

GG

They order normally, pay normally, after the order is completed they get their money back outside of fiver while i still get the feedback, nobody said anything about canceling, have a great day.

They order normally, pay normally, after the order is completed they get their money back outside of fiver while i still get the feedback, nobody said anything about canceling

Oh lordy lordy no. No. NO! Non, Nyet, Negatory my dude.

This is all kinds of dodgy and counter to the TOS. You wanna fix that asap.

Besides that is not how to build a business with Paying customers. At the end of that time you will not have a single positive customer relationship. And you will probably have been banned from Fiverr so you can’t find more people to abuse your unwise strategy. No win in any way.

🙂

They order normally, pay normally, after the order is completed they get their money back outside of fiver while i still get the feedback, nobody said anything about canceling

Oh lordy lordy no. No. NO! Non, Nyet, Negatory my dude.

This is all kinds of dodgy and counter to the TOS. You wanna fix that asap.

Besides that is not how to build a business with Paying customers. At the end of that time you will not have a single positive customer relationship. And you will probably have been banned from Fiverr so you can’t find more people to abuse your unwise strategy. No win in any way.

🙂

Maybe you’re right, thank you for the insight.

Hey Ibrahim, you have a good heart, but you cannot do that. At all.

Without getting in too deep, getting your orders cancelled so soon is going to harm your account and place restrictions (late cancellations will do even worse). You cannot work for free on Fiverr - it’s simply not in this system. I know you may see this as a way to get good reviews sooner or make good deeds, but please avoid doing so.

If you want to be nice and make a discount, put something like “until Halloween, the first extra 500 words are free of charge” or something like that.

Without getting in too deep, getting your orders cancelled so soon is going to harm your account and place restrictions (late cancellations will do even worse). You cannot work for free on Fiverr - it’s simply not in this system. I know you may see this as a way to get good reviews sooner or make good deeds, but please avoid doing so.

If you want to be nice and make a discount, put something like “until Halloween, the first extra 500 words are free of charge” or something like that.

that sounds like an awesome idea, will definitely consider!

Gig looks good, catchy thumbnail (Did you have this made? I hope it’s not someone else’s). Problem is the completely wrong (subjectively) approach to business. Offering free services on Fiverr is not possible. Also, offering freebies is a no-go in business, unless you are like a food stand or something, handing out free samples (they actually serve a purpose: convince the seller to buy more if they like it).

yes you’re right if you noticed i have already taken the offer out of the description

First of all, good luck with starting here and with the gig. It looks good so I hope you get an order in soon.

BUT… I opened this post out of curiosity and noticed you really just copy pasted [my post] word for word. (Just posted my first gig and I could use some feedback). Maybe try being a little more original next time 😉

Nah it saved me some time besides i changed it a bit! that’s originality right there sir haha, thank you for the feedback tho

check it out

Archived