Recommendations for improvement?

I tried my best to structure it informatively, but I’m wondering what I can do to improve and what I might’ve missed entirely. I’m setting to the grindstone now because of the steep incline I foresee, not helped by the amount of buyer requests being just seller advertisements.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.fiverr.com/cwschizzy/professionally-edit-and-proofread-1000-words

Dear C:

What name do you like to be called? Your customers want to know what to call you.

I took a quick look at your profile:

Your profile image: You look stiff here. Try a close up on your face and smile. YOU should appear in your profile image.
Your log line: This is a slogan that appears below your user name. You don’t have one. You should get one and make it cool.
Your profile text – note the edits:

Hello. I’m a a freelance writer and professional editor. I’m a native English speaker with a BA in English. I’ve published several short stories and poems under my own name, and have ghostwritten many more. -[Name Buyers Should Call You]

I find your lack of active voice disturbing. I don’t see the point of mentioning that you’ve published under your own name without revealing what your name is.

All your gigs should have video, 3 images, 2 pdfs (for writing samples), and so on… Better to have photos of YOU editing than stock images that look like you pulled them off the web, unless you’re offering a “pulling stock images off the web” gig.

Make a video of yourself talking to the camera, because this approach garners IMMEDIATE RESULTS. Include additional samples in the video!

Are you sure your prices are competitive in your category, especially given that you have no reviews?

One way you could show potential Buyers that you have the chops to “edit non native English text to appear like a natural speaker” would be to point them to instances in the Fiverr Forum where you have done just that for the many non native English speakers who ask for help in the “Improve My Gig” section.

Good luck,
Blaise

[details=Click Here for TOP SECRET Tips and Tricks
Never Contact a Seller on Fiverr to Ask for FREE STUFF!]
Be sure to make use of Tools like the Fiverr Blog, Fiverr Academy, and Fiverrcast.

If you take the time to earn your Autobiographer Badge, particularly adding a link to your Fiverr profile, other forum participants will be able to easily view your information.

As a general rule, when I have time to participate in the Fiverr Forum and I notice a request like yours in the “Improve My Gig” section, I am willing and able to look at a Seller’s Profile and one gig one time.

I can give you a better level of assistance if you first work your way through the checklist below. That way, I won’t waste your one turn by advising you to follow items on the checklist.

http://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/205167778-What-URLs-can-I-use-in-my-profile-or-Gig-description-

Some really good points. I’ll tackle what I can!

American English? Commonwealth? Aussie? UK? South African? Canadian? Punjabi-English

There are a lot of dialects though,and spelling can vary considerably.,very important in proof-reading. US/UK/Canadian are probably the main ones. How do spell colour/color? (There is probably more work for non-us since most automatic systems are on us-settings.)

If you look at the OP’s profile, you’ll see they’re based in the US, and a native English speaker., so I’d assume that they would proofread etc. in US English.

I know an Englsh woman(who was a teacher in england) and married an american and moved to US, so no guarantee based on location. I don’t think clarification would hurt, though I suspect them to be us-English.

Maybe a potential buyer would clarify this by simply asking?