Recovering after a Fiverr vacation?

teajay26

I went on vacation for a month for the holidays (I had no choice, I was flying overseas visiting family), and a few days ago, I reactivated my gigs. I’ve had two orders from four active gigs, a low number from my usual 30-40. I’m not sure I can recover my ratings/impressions/clicks/orders. I’m thinking of putting up new gigs effectively deleting the old ones, just so my gigs are visible when you search again. *By the way I think it’s not fair that the only tabs available when one does a search are Recommended, High Rating, New. I think it should include a tab that shows ALL the gigs regardless of ratings.

Has anyone done gone through this before? Any ideas would be appreciated. Happy new year to all!

I suspended my gigs for 2 weeks. Not vacation mode. Completely suspended. It took me like a month to recover. Reply fast to your messages. And deliver quickly. When you do your usual stuff it’ll come back to the usual place automatically.

I suspended my gigs for a week or two, but I usually reactive it before am fully ready to work, because it takes a week or two to go back on track. But I never received 30 orders a day! i don’t recommend you delete any gig, next time you go on holiday increase your time frame, this way you can still get orders from people who appreciate you work, or activate it earlier.

• 3 months later...
Guest pinnacle_lawyer

What method did you use to get back on track? Do you feel you would of resumed automatically? Or did you rely on created new gigs, or new gigs with links to olds gigs?

My sales dropped after a 2 weeks vacation (holiday season, which I wanted to spend with my family, not doing orders). For me, it wasn’t getting back on track a week after reactivating my gigs, it was more of a slow process (which didn’t start out well, because I had to cancel the first order I got after I returned). I didn’t create new gigs or promote, but after a while, the sales returned to normal on their own.

I hope this helps someone! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Reply to @pinnacle_lawyer : I messaged my former clients just wishing them good cheers and informing them that I was still alive 🙂 and ready to work!

I created two new gigs that were not the same as my usual ones but since my job orders went back to normal, I deleted those gigs after a few weeks. I have not had to use backlinks in my gigs.

• 4 months later...

Archived