Recurring Payment option for a monthly service

lisha5684

Hi fiverr,

I have ideas for monthly services in which buyers could pay for a recurring monthly service, and each month it would automatically be paid until they cancel because they no longer wish to have the service.

I think it would be cool if there was a $5 a month option for an order and we could set it up as a recurring service, and then the gig extras could be adding more per month for extra services.

So I guess it would be called a monthly recurring service gig. This might take some programming, but if the sellers make more money, fiverr would make more money too, so this is another way to get a more residual effect on our work because it’s a lot harder to get a seller to come back and buy the service again for the next month (even if they really liked it a lot) than if it was set up as an automatic monthly payment.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Half agree. I think this should be an option not in a gig or extras but in custom offer. It would ruin fiverr reputation if they add it in a gig or extras because some people will miss the monthly charge and take it as one time as fiverr has been for so long.

In custom offer it would make sense and it would be clearly mentioned so number people taking monthly as one time will be few to none.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Awesome suggestion. It would really help us sellers kick off our business. I mean, this is way cheaper than buying my own site and setting everything up outside of fiverr; redirecting loyal customers out of fiverr; just to get them to pay us recurring fees. 😃 I hope this feature can be created soon!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

As a matter of interest can you do recurring revenue outside of fiverr. i.e. I do website design. I can do 2 methods,1st one being a upfront design fee, i.e. £400 then a small monthly fee to cover hosting etc. Or free website design and larger monthly fee. Is this possibe. Could I just do the design price then introduce the monthly fee. Only problem is these are A.I. websites, so everythng comes as a package

• 5 months later...

WORKAROUND:
The initial or base fee for a month of service.
Then in thirty days send them a special offer to continue for the next thirty days.
Rinse and repeat each month.

Or even make it quarterly payments if the buyer agrees.

It’s certainly not perfect but works.

It also does not relieve fiverr of their obligation to improve our sales, etc.

Archived