Refund gone wrong, I guess

prolegal_sam

Hi guys, please I need help.

I sent an overpriced custom offer to a client and before I could withdraw it, the client accepted.

In the process of talking to client, she asked if I was on Facebook so I could send her the money back which I said NO. During the conversation, I mentioned that I could refund her via paypal if she could provide me with her email address.

Immediately I sent that message, I got this warning

" Your message is being reviewed by our Trust and Safety team due to a possible [Terms of Service] (https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service#user_conduct) violation. This may take up to 24 hours. In the meantime, (username retracted) can’t see your message. We appreciate your patience."

Kindly advise.

Never ask for outside contact details (if it’s really needed for the gig, eg. like if they need to be on a business card that you are designing it would need to be set up in the requirements section). Never send payments outside of Fiverr.

If you wanted to refund you could have selected the resolution centre option and asked to cancel the order.

Hi guys, please I need help.

I sent an overpriced custom offer to a client and before I could withdraw it, the client accepted.

In the process of talking to client, she asked if I was on Facebook so I could send her the money back which I said NO. During the conversation, I mentioned that I could refund her via paypal if she could provide me with her email address.

Immediately I sent that message, I got this warning

" Your message is being reviewed by our Trust and Safety team due to a possible [Terms of Service] (https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service#user_conduct) violation. This may take up to 24 hours. In the meantime, (username retracted) can’t see your message. We appreciate your patience."

Kindly advise.

During the conversation, I mentioned that I could refund her via paypal if she could provide me with her email address.

Offering contact/payment outside of Fiverr is a ToS violation.

Kindly advise.

Never break the rules again.

And it’s not a refund gone wrong. You know how to refund a buyer: by cancelling the order. But you chose to break the rules instead.

During the conversation, I mentioned that I could refund her via paypal if she could provide me with her email address.

Kindly advise.

And it’s not a refund gone wrong. You know how to refund a buyer: by cancelling the order. But you chose to break the rules instead.

It wasn’t intentional. 😢

Kindly advise.

Kindly advise, what do you suggest that I do?

Never ask for outside contact details (if it’s really needed for the gig, eg. like if they need to be on a business card that you are designing it would need to be set up in the requirements section). Never send payments outside of Fiverr.

If you wanted to refund you could have selected the resolution centre option and asked to cancel the order.

I didnt know all these. 😢

Kindly advise me, what do you suggest that I do?

Kindly advise me, what do you suggest that I do?

You’re likely to get a warning because of it. You could contact CS and see if you can do anything about it (maybe after any warning has been sent if they send one) and say you didn’t know that wasn’t allowed but I’m not sure if that will help.

You could ask the buyer if they want to cancel the order so they could get refunded through Fiverr.

Or you could just wait and see what happens.

I didnt know

You are a level 1 seller and offer legal services.

I would be very surprised if you had not read and understood the Terms of Service.

If you get a warning check this out: Don't do it! .... You Have Been Warned!

Thanks for your input Lloyd. I sent the message already before realizing I made a mistake. I wouldn’t intentionally violate the rules.

I just hope the team get to temper mercy with justice.

I have canceled the order and asked the client to place the order again too.

Thanks for the link to read more about warnings too.

Thanks for your input Lloyd. I sent the message already before realizing I made a mistake. I wouldn’t intentionally violate the rules.

I just hope the team get to temper mercy with justice.

I have canceled the order and asked the client to place the order again too.

Thanks for the link to read more about warnings too.

I wouldn’t intentionally violate the rules.

Didn’t you read Fiverr’s Terms of Service?

Kindly advise, what do you suggest that I do?

Read Fiverr’s Terms of Service and don’t violate them again. You have agreed to them when you opened your account. I find it highly unusual that someone who offers legal services doesn’t read the terms when signing up.

If you need to issue a partial refund, you send a custom offer for the correct amount and cancel the previous order AFTER the new offer is accepted. That’s the process CS recommends to follow. It’s not perfect (and can sound kind of suspicious, especially to a new buyer) but that’s what we have to work with.

Now you just wait until the review is done, there is nothing more you can do.

Archived