Refusing a gig! is that possible?

corinapariza

Hi guys! i just decided to tell a buyer to GO AWAY, in a nice way! she was very annoying and i knew that if i went on she would not have been satisfied and well i do not want a bad review. Can we refuse an order?

Can we refuse an order?

Of course you can, just tell them no, or cancel if you are not comfortable with the job, or if it violates TOS, common decency or common sense. Fiverr does not own you.

You’ll find some buyers to be annoying. I have a few myself, but sometimes you get the feel for who they are and you can work with them in spite of the annoyance. But if they are causing constant stress and anxiety, it’s not worth it. You can decide who you do business with.

i understand, but she felt like bad news before we started. is not better to have my gig go down in ranking than a bad review?

With cancelling the order, the chances are 100% that it will effect your gig’s ranking, and if she orders, the chances must be 50% at maximum that she will leave a bad review. You decide! Many rude buyers don’t leave a review, good or bad.

You’ll find some buyers to be annoying. I have a few myself, but sometimes you get the feel for who they are and you can work with them in spite of the annoyance. But if they are causing constant stress and anxiety, it’s not worth it. You can decide who you do business with.

i did my best to make her comfortable and i assured her i knew what i was doing but she kept on being negative and i just decided NO! she will be bad news!

i understand, but she felt like bad news before we started. is not better to have my gig go down in ranking than a bad review?

i understand, but she felt like bad news before we started

That is always worth listening to. If you know they will be trouble, tell them no before they order, cancel if they do. You can always say you are too busy…done.

As much as I don’t like turning potential buyers down (besides doing what a love, I work to make a living) there are cases where a big red flag is raised. It’s either an arrogant attitude, or that they demand additional services for free or questioning my guarantee (which to be honest is pretty clear - full refund in case of dissatisfaction no strings attached no questions asked) or the fact that no matter how clearly I explain processes and policies and how in detail I answer all their questions they keep asking me the same thing again and again… And again!

I second the opinion that we are bosses of ourselves and we are free to accept or deny any order or inquiry for work. Personally speaking i’ve completed approximately 400 orders so far. I have turned down a mere 5% from orders already placed bassed on the above-mentioned reasons and frankly I witnessed no issues whatsoever in regards to ranking, clicks, inquiries and orders. Customer support has always being very assisting in canceling orders for me when my explanation has a Logical basis with clients who don’t accept no for an answer.

As much as I don’t like turning potential buyers down (besides doing what a love, I work to make a living) there are cases where a big red flag is raised. It’s either an arrogant attitude, or that they demand additional services for free or questioning my guarantee (which to be honest is pretty clear - full refund in case of dissatisfaction no strings attached no questions asked) or the fact that no matter how clearly I explain processes and policies and how in detail I answer all their questions they keep asking me the same thing again and again… And again!

I second the opinion that we are bosses of ourselves and we are free to accept or deny any order or inquiry for work. Personally speaking i’ve completed approximately 400 orders so far. I have turned down a mere 5% from orders already placed bassed on the above-mentioned reasons and frankly I witnessed no issues whatsoever in regards to ranking, clicks, inquiries and orders. Customer support has always being very assisting in canceling orders for me when my explanation has a Logical basis with clients who don’t accept no for an answer.

Thank you. I am new to Fiverr. This is my first refusal and I hate refusals but I have dealt with one other arrogant buyer and it took to much energy out of me for nothing! Everyone else so far has been great.

Thank you again.

• 1 year later...

Yes, especially if you’re a new seller to fiverr I would recommend turning down sketchy buyers. I had a client that I was leery of and as it turned out, she tore me apart without even an explanation of why. It was about my 6th review at the time and really hurt my account for a while until my rating averaged back out to a decent number. If you’re an established account that can afford a potential hit, maybe go through with it. Now fiverr allows you to see buyer ratings too, so you can see if they’re harsh or not. The one that gave me a bad review had given multiple other sellers 3 and 4 star reviews and said “good job.” I wish I’d have screened her first, this would have raised a red flag that even when satisfied, she gives 3 or 4 stars.

Archived