Fiverr Community Forum

Regarding Fiverr Pro

It’s been awhile since I’ve posted in the forum. I don’t stay as connected as I once did. But with the launch of Fiverr Pro, I’ve been digging around a bit.

After almost five years and thousands of gigs completed (ranging from $5 to $4000), I feel about as knowledgeable as I’m ever going to get about the inner workings of being a Fiverr seller.

I was vehemently opposed to the “stars” rollout. And I still am. For me, Fiverr lost a lot of the fun that made it a great place to work and sell when they launched the 5 stars rating system. It didn’t kill my business (I didn’t expect it to), but my stress level went way up! After stars, I felt like the human connection that I had previously had with my customers went away. I used to make friends on Fiverr. Actual friends that I went out and had drinks with. But there is this subtle difference between being reviewed and being rated. “Is he cute?” is different than “How hot is he on a scale of 1 - 10?”

I don’t want to make this too long, so I’m going to skip ahead to Fiverr Pro (and algorithms and new buttons etc).

Here is a quote from an article about the death of Digg:

“But over time, Digg changed. Redesign after redesign unnerved loyal users. Finally, one new version, v4, was so atrocious that there was a mass exodus from the site altogether. The new site was a disaster both visually and content-wise, as “sponsored links” were thrust onto the front page and users felt like they were being packaged and sold to companies.”

Feel familiar?

I have so much that I could and want to say. But it’s probably boring and useless. I don’t think Fiverr Pro is a bad idea. But I think the rollout has been extremely sloppy. I personally feel kicked in the teeth. And the game isn’t all that fun anymore.

12 Likes

Writer99025 is a pro, but not a Pro :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I thought you are not supposed to get in touch with anyone on this platform outside this platform. :scream:

1 Like

:sunglasses: yeah i agree to you @writer99025 slight_smile: I’m pro too but don’t wanna be “Fiverr PRO” now. not because of fiverr had rejected my application - It’s because of my planB.
Suppose: i got pro here - i do set gig cost $2000. all previous fiverr buyers will not buy $2000 gig just because they are addicted with $5. So i will do bring buyers to my social influence and they can buy that High cost gig - Result - They will pay 5% processing fee of paypal and site will take 20%. Conclusion: Why shouldn’t i find some other way for get 100% rather than 80%. - If i do bring buyers to my social influence.

6 Likes

I read the article. Found it on Google. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you are already able to get big clients all by yourself and have a steady business, might as well keep the 100% profit to yourself. I guess that´s what you mean?

2 Likes

I really worry about the constant redesign too for exactly the same reasons. Also, (and from the perspective of someone who has seen a business almost kill itself through rebranding) Pro simply doesn’t make sense.

The biggest problem with Pro is that many Pro prices simply aren’t realistic, or and aren’t backed by anything like real quality assurance.

You need a logo. You come to Fiverr because you have heard that it is cheap. You then see logo creation services offered at $5 - $100. Great. The only problem? You also see Pro logo design offered for $1,000’s and from a logical perspective you then think, “Ah, so basically a ‘real’ logo costs $1,000, not $5.”

In fact, a great example here is a hotel near where I live with a big sign outside saying $1 Beer! Once you get upstairs to the roof bar where everything is happening, however, you find out that there is a $2.50 service charge and the beer is in a bottle rather than a proper pint glass.

In short, everybody goes to that hotel once but nobody goes a second time.

All that said, Pro gigs are going to be interesting to watch. Say you are an SEO Pro like Matt Cuts from Google or a writer for Forbes and you sell a gig for $1,000. Awesome. What happens, however, if a buyer reverses payment on their credit card and a month later your earnings are docked?

At the same time, what if a big brand buys a video or logo on Fiverr for $1,000’s and later finds out that it is a rip of an existing video or logo and they start getting chased for copyright infringement?

Fiverr should have done this completely differently. They should have built up to Pro with a suspense driven marketing campaign. Instead, they have said, “hey! Look we went Pro!”

Customer reaction: - "Okay and what’s Pro? Oh my God, have you seen those prices? Are you serious? Where’s that nice young man James Bulls who I used to work with? What have you done Fiverr?

Customers next Google search: “sites like Fiverr.”

Then again, they might get lucky again with a new let them eat dried coffee marketing campaign.

9 Likes

My important comment: The original campaign did not specify that handfuls of dried coffee were eaten. We don’t know if it was eaten as a soup (liquid with spoon) or what. The next campaign should include a better visual. Perhaps it could show ways that coffee is eaten by Pros vs TRS or something along those lines.

The profile pictures of the Pro branded sellers on the forum do not seem to be of hollow-eyed pale coffee eaters, so that adds to the confusion.

2 Likes

I am a PRO seller, and all I will say is that makeup is a marvelous invention.

5 Likes

I have been following the forums on this and communicating with Pros. It really is a wait and see situation. There is no one size fits all way to evaluate something that has been live for such a short time. No one can predict the future. Packages came out and got a wild reaction from people who loved and hated it. A platform like this is always going to change to keep up with the changing market. One catagory just lost packages for a more streamlined process, for example. That is what Fiverr Pro is all about - meeting demands of a changing market as bigger companies are seeking and willing to pay for perceived high quality work. I think people are sour about not getting accepted who feel they have the right to be Pro. From what I have seen and heard, pro is about that seller who has worked with big clients and commanded high prices at market rates or higher.

Do I think I deserve Pro? Yes. Am I worried about what it will do to the platform and how it will affect my sales? Yes. Can I control any of that, no! All I can do is keep on doing what got me to the point I am at and push to grow as a seller. This is a process.

3 Likes

I may not have been as clear as I should have been.

I have not applied for Fiverr Pro. I do have a gig in one of the categories, but it is a fairly new gig, and it is in no way my bread and butter on Fiverr. My concern doesn’t have anything to do with a personal rejection. When I make a public comment of concern, it is primarily concern for the platform. As I said, I don’t think Fiverr Pro is necessarily a bad idea. I am all for people charging as much as they can possibly charge for everything. I’m an American. :wink:

My Fiverr seller opinion in a nutshell: Charge as much as the market will allow. Keep your nose as clean as you can. Do quality work. Be nice. Don’t take ******** from exploiters and scammers. Learn. Grow. And repeat.

But I think the rollout has been sloppy. I think there was some “gentrification” that should have happened prior to the rollout.

Also, I’m a bit concerned about the “middle class” Fiverr economy. I’ve had gigs that were priced all over the place. And for me personally, the real money sweet spot is gigs priced between $75 - $150. Gigs priced in that range tend to be very harmonious. I as the seller am happy and don’t feel overworked. And buyers seem to feel like they got great value. And that’s where I’d like to see the emphasis placed. Long live the Fiverr Middle Class!

4 Likes

Dang it. I don’t have a ton of time right now. But I just want to make this super clear.

Pros getting paid pro wages is great!
Fiverr sellers making loads of money is great!
Competition is fine!

I’m looking at this as someone who has waded through a Fiverr seller’s inbox for five years. I want to be in harmony with buyers. In a perfect world, sellers and buyers would be coming together with similar expectations. BUT anyone who’s sold here knows that that is very often not the case. It quite often goes like this:

Seller lists price
Buyer asks seller for price
Seller confirms listed price
Buyer is shocked and offended by price. Buyer begins aggressive negotiation with seller.
Seller becomes frustrated. Eventually seller tweaks gigs to make prices and terms crystal clear. And tweaks and tweaks and tweaks.
Start over.

What I don’t want to happen is for Fiverr to divert so many resources into Fiverr Pro that they forget about the mid range sellers. Unless something magical happens, Pro sellers are still going to have to deal with the above scenario. And if they aren’t ready for it, they’re going to get frustrated and leave. And without upholding those mid range sellers, the platform itself could end up in shambles.

4 Likes

I have yet to find an online rule that I respect more than I respect a party invitation!

2 Likes

I noticed that the “pro” sellers who are getting orders are charging $300, the ones charing $2,000 to $6,500 have no reviews.

I also noticed that the pro button is inconsistent, sometimes I see it, sometimes I don’t see it. I don’t think Fiverr has it for every category.

Yes, I am definitely among the lower-priced PRO sellers and have had five orders thus far, whereas I do not think many others in my category (article and blog writing) have. There are only limited categories on PRO - Whiteboards / explainer videos, article and blog writing, Logo design and Social Media.

3 Likes

Well, you’re smart. I saw this:

I Will Create A Facebook Ad Strategy For Your Startup
$10,000.

I Will Create Engaging Facebook Video Ads
$9,990

I Will Audit Your Instagram Account
$2,000

I wish I could tell you who they are, but the TOS (Terms Of Service) forbids that on the forum. My point is that some of these pro’s are charging too much.

So how did you discover Fiverr Pro or did Fiverr discovered you?

I applied to Fiverr Pro but got rejected.

2 Likes

Fiverr wrote to me and asked me to apply.

1 Like

If it interests you, you can apply here:

http://fiverrsuccess.questionpro.com/?custom1=lp

You missed this part of my earlier statement:

“I applied to Fiverr Pro but got rejected.”

Should I apply again but use a different gig? I don’t know.

IMHO…

These “PROs” will be doing a ton of social media marketing for Fiverr. Then, the visitors they drive to the site can find me, and I’ll do the gig for them cheaper!!!

Thank you Fiverr PROs!:heart_eyes:

5 Likes