REJECT Buyers INSTRUCTIONS

deaun1

I think it would be a good idea to have an option to REJECT the buyers instructions in order to STOP the count down of the time clock when the required information is incomplete or hasn’t been left at all.

It is very common for a buyer to place the order and then say something like, “I will get the information to you tomorrow” or “I will send you a script once I get the voiceover back from another seller” etc…

This is especially frustrating when someone orders an Express gig. Most buyers are not on Fiverr or checking their messages all day like Sellers do, so they may not even get your message for a couple of days and in the mean time your order is getting closer to the deadline and you can’t even start on it with missing information or in some cases no information at all…

Many times, this can result in having to cancel an order… Which makes us Sellers sad : (

This has happened many times to me too. What I do is, message the buyer every 3-4 hours, telling them that they have to send me the instructions to start working and I will have to close the order in X hours because it will expire.

If a buyer sends me the info I need, and I send him a draft but they never reply to tell me if they like it or not, I notify them that I must close the order, deliver the order, and wait until they’re back. After that I send them messages telling them that I’ll be here when they come back.

I’ve never had any problem with this method so far, but there’s always a chance that someone will leave a negative review.

I sent Fiverr a message a few months ago explaining the situation and asking for a ‘pause gig’ option. Hope they’ll do something 8->

Yes, I completely agree - this is a similar concept to my ‘Name and Address Form’ in another post - just add extra sections to the form as you need them - when the customer completes it, the clock starts ticking - that way nobody gets sad 🙂 I get a LOT of customers who don’t add their shipping details - and then complain when the gig is late (and don’t check their email for a week !)

This is a TERRIFIC suggestion! I actually have my delivery times extended longer than they really need to be solely for this reason. Because it happens THAT much. I would say, that I have to follow-up with at least half of my orders because they either have not submitted the instructions I requested (for similar reasons as @deaun1 stated) or because they are underpaid for the work they do submit. All of which eats into my time to be able to complete the gig.

• 1 month later...

Reply to @arnevb: lol. Well if a buyer logs in and see the red “rejected” notice, that may turn them off as well, and they may still want to cancel, especially if they’re not ready or don’t like the fact that you rejected it. Also, if the system is like the buyers’ “reject work”, then after 3 days it’ll automatically cancel it and you’ll be out of money. It’s a good suggestion that will benefit sellers though, but it depends on certain factors.

Oh yes, I completely agree. I’ve had this problem quite a few times.

The way I’ve handled it so far is when it gets closer to the deadline I send a message saying that I will have to send a message in the delivery box if they don’t get me the info I need before the deadline and tell them that I will deliver my gig to them in another message once I get all the info needed to complete the gig for them. I also tell them not to click the order completed button on the gig until I have in fact delivered the gig.

Yes, that would be a very useful option to have.

I often have buyers who place an order and then aren’t completely sure about what do they want me to design (I have a graphic design and video editing gigs), so I then have to suggest what would look good and wait for them to reply (to tell me do they like the design ideas that I suggested) before I could start working… and sometimes, some buyers need several days to reply.

So it would be very useful if there was some option to pause the countdown if the buyer didn’t provide everything that is needed to start working on his order right away.

Maybe that option should have some nicer name than “reject buyer’s instructions”… maybe it should be called “buyer’s instructions are incomplete”.

I often have buyers who place an order and then aren’t completely sure about what do they want me to design (I have a graphic design and video editing gigs), so I then have to suggest what would look good and wait for them to reply (to tell me do they like the design ideas that I suggested) before I could start working… and sometimes, some buyers need several days to reply.

So it would be very useful if there was some option to pause the countdown if the buyer didn’t provide everything that is needed to start working on his order right away.

Maybe that option should have some nicer name than “reject buyer’s instructions”… maybe it should be called “buyer’s instructions are incomplete”.

What am I missing? Is there an actual ‘Fiverr approved’ process for what to do if a gig is ordered but no information is provided by the buyer?

My very first gig was ordered fairly quickly, but the buyer did not provide ANY information and has not replied to my follow-up message explaining that if my instruction questions weren’t answered I would not be able to complete the gig.

What am I supposed to do?

I totally agree with this. We sellers should’t suffer because some of them invest in a gig rather then a dictionary.

On a serious note many buyers should re enroll back to high school. Fiverr breeds alot of fruit cakes.

But i have also meet some lovely people as well.

• 3 months later...

I have a buyer for a video gig that gave me two pages of text to be implemented into the video. There are spelling errors throughout and the grammar is horrendous. I sent them a note stating that they needed to have their script proofread or order an extra gig from me and I would correct their script.

My issue is that I do not want to just make corrections without their consent, but I also do not want that script in one of my videos as it would make my work look bad.

I now only have 2 days to complete the gig and have not heard anything back from the buyer.

I am thinking about sending the following to the buyer:

Hello again.

It is very important to me to offer high quality work. But in order to do so, you as the buyer must provide me with the correct and proper information. We, as a business partnership, need to have clear communication in order to achieve our common goal.

I have sent you a request to resend me your text for the video, or at least tell me that you want it as is. I do not intend to be rude, but I do not want my work to look bad. I believe that the text you have sent me will do just that. It will be perceived as if I am the one which made the errors.

I will give you one example:

"And, a child of a parent who suicided, is at six times higher risk of suiciding themselves."

Should this not be… "A child of a parent who committed suicide is six times more likely to be at a higher risk of committing suicide themselves."

Moving forward, my deadline for this project is approaching and I will not have time to complete it if I do not hear back from you soon. I do not want a negative mark on my account, especially as I am just getting started with Fiverr. So as not to appear to be late with your order, I will be submitting this order as complete by this evening. Then, when and if you do respond I will fulfill your work.

This is a very important improvement. I love this idea. I have had the same issue several times. It would be ideal if we could just have a button “incomplete instructions, cannot complete gig until full gig requirements are received”… then if that would just stop the countdown and give the buyer a notification that says “ALERT!” that links to a message to complete the instruction requirements and resubmit. Essentially this would pause the gig, but not give the buyer the off-putting reject message. It would save everyone headaches and lost sales. 🙂

I have been told by Fiverr support that if you have an excessive number of cancellations for ANY reason it will affect your level and you standing on Fiverr. This is an awful catch-22 when the cancellations are due solely to buyer errors (buying the wrong gig, changing their mind after clicking purchase and just writing “oos sorry” in the instructions box, etc.) and incomplete information received.

Anne (GoldenWhisperer)

I completely agree, there need to be prompt for sellers to “accept” or “deny” an order, it should require the buyer to submit information in the order (kind of like a pop up, maybe a “offer” tab) and once it’s filled out, is sent directly to the seller, with the offer and information. Maybe even giving a 48-hour expiration so the buyer feels they have more control, so if there is no rely or acceptance from the sell they can go somewhere else?

I have literally canceled dozens of orders because people either a) place order just to ask me a message b) place and order asking me to do things (whether is be green screen, something inappropriate, or otherwise impossible for me) that I can’t or won’t do. I think a part of it is failing to read my descriptions, listen to the video, or read the provided sample information or even. Or, sadly trying to bully me or harassement into doing something for them that I never agreed to. c) they “ordered by mistake”, ugh.

Having to cancel an order or having to have customer service cancel because you can’t or won’t do something is quite unfair and puts our levels at risk. It’s not fair to us as sellers, we can provide all the information possible, but some buyers are considerate.

Archived