Remove the ability to add extras after a delivery is made

ozzieuk

Hey guys, had a bit of a situation. I delivered a gig a few days ago, not yet auto completed however the buyer then managed to purchase a gig extra for that order AFTER it was delivered.

The gig was delivered in good time but since the order re activates when an extra is purchased the clock restarts which incidentally was AFTER the expected delivery time. I received an email saying that the order was LATE, despite the fact that the original order was delivered in good time.

A suggestion here would be to make the logic flow that a customer has to first reject a delivery before they may order extras this makes more sense to do that way as you are then given additional time to either redo the work or deal with the order via the mutual cancellations process.

Don’t know whether this is a bug or not but gave me a bit of a shock to see the LATE banner on one of my deliveries

Bye for now

Wayne.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest matt_garry

I thought that was why extras have an option to add extra days I love when they order extras just means I have more time to complete the order. but maybe I misunderstood what you meant

Well maybe its kind of a BUG to me. But not sure.

It happened to me few times when i deliver a LOGO and they buy extra for source file. So i deliver again and project completed.

I never notice any late delivery in time, maybe because i always deliver before time and my GIG EXTRA has additional 1 day time also. So really not sure about this.

• 1 month later...

I am MAD about this.

This happened to me today for the first time. Someone ordered an extra when I had already delivered, and:

ONE - The clock did NOT restart!! what if he orders an extra at the last second of delivery time? I’m gonna be late and it’s not my fault!

and TWO - sometimes the extras are included in the gig, what means I have to repeat the WHOLE basic gig to add that extra, so I’m losing a fiver.

I still can’t understand how this is happening… What the…?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived