Fiverr Community Forum

Removed BR [AustralianHomeLoanOptions]

I’ve spent considerable amount of work to re-design an existing logo for this buyer and when I tried to send my offer, an error occurred.

When I refreshed the page I realized that the request is no longer there, which kinda sucks. A lot.

So if by any chance, the buyer gets this message, please reach out.

Name of company is “Australian Home Loan Options”

I also checked the other BRs and only this one was removed.

Happens when you do the work in advance…

2 Likes

It was specified to do the work in advance, cause the buyer was discontent with previous 5 dollar purchases, so he specified a higher budget which was up to the task.

Is there a way to find out who this buyer is and reach him out? I mean after all, I’ve done the work required. It’s not like I’m reaching him out of the open?

Instead of working in advance. Try creating a nice portfolio with your work and send the link to the potential buyer. He will choose then over your general qualities and not over a specific work. If you work in advance this experience will happen again, or worse… you’ll send the work and won’t get a penny from him.

3 Likes

I understand that.

But it still doesn’t answer my question.

Out of the 300 offers so far, 90% have a link to my portfolio included or a previous logo made that the buyer might like. So this was an exception.

They probably had the request removed because they were asking for the work to be done in advance!

2 Likes

I don’t see anything wrong with that.

Fiverr will get its dollar anyway.

Personal experience: don’t work in advance. You will risk:
1- The client will vanish and you won’t reach him anymore (you don’t get a penny)
2- You send the work as a “sample” and the client does not choose you, and anyway uses your work (you don’t get a penny)
3- You work, watermark your work and send it. The client anyway doesn’t choose you. Instead he asks another cheaper seller to “create exactly this logo I’m attaching” (you don’t get a penny)
After all this said, what to do is and remains of course your personal decision.

3 Likes

Not if you do the work in advance and give it to them without them placing an order. If there isn’t an order, Fiverr doesn’t get any money, neither do you, but somebody gets free work done.

2 Likes

Blur the buyer name before posting here or a lady might delete your post.

I was gonna say, I got it watermarked. But didn’t know this is a possible scenario.

And I also thought doing a sketch in advance is a good way to get more out of the BR area. It seems not.[quote=“offlinehelpers, post:9, topic:120149, full:true”]
Not if you do the work in advance and give it to them without them placing an order. If there isn’t an order, Fiverr doesn’t get any money, neither do you, but somebody gets free work done.
[/quote]

I am not stupid enough to turn in the complete work without an offer, but yeah… Wuerz123 has got it right in his last post.

Damn… and I thought 10% opacity watermark is too much. I’m camouflaging it totally next time.

1 Like

Some other sellers over here may be looking for ideas, or some other Logo designers out there may be looking for ideas. They post a request, ask for samples, see all the samples and use one of them as “their own creation”. They get paid and you not…
Bottom line: try not working in advance.

1 Like

Gotcha.

Thanks for the chat. It was most useful.

2 Likes