Reply to: What to do to get my first sale?

aggelosmariospa

Well you signed up in fiverr after you saw all this successful sellers and you want to get some pocket money or a good monthly wage… All that dreams are being washed away every day without an order… Right? Well don’t let those feeling get you…
I was waiting for 3-4 months for my first very sale… But I never give up… I tried anything and that what you should do too…
Here are some top tips:
1)Make sure you are online all day long.
2)Make sure you visit fiverr a couple times a day.
3)Get an attractive photo of what you sell for your gig.
4)Do changes in keywords until you start selling. If your sales drop change them again and again.
5)Keep a track on your competitors and try to be better than them.
6)Have a profile picture of you. When I inserted mine I saw an “explosion” in my sales.
7)Keep a track in Fiverr’s forum. It is always so helpful!

This is what I did… I got my first sale ,then the second one… Now I have more than 550 sales and more than 400 positive reviews. Just never give up!

~Aggelos~

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey there mate…
I am so glad you found my post impressive 🙂
About your question. In the past I tried to log in every 2 hours at least… I also use the mobile application that shows you online as well… I have it open in my mobile…
Now if you are a new user it is good to be shown online as much as possible… If you don’t have time at least log in in times that it is afternoon in US (this depends the country you are in) . 70% of my sales are from US in specific hours…
So try that and also download the app of fiverr. And never leave unreplied messages… Let me know if you need anything else.

I want to share my story here, how did I get my first order…

I made an account, created a couple of gigs and afterwards I sent myriads of offers in Buyer’s requests section but no one ever responded. one day I was totally broken and thought may be this world (freelancing) is not for me. Very that day, I found a buyer asking designers there for a pdf to be designed in a specific way… I sent him an offer, which although may not be a good way but being shattered entirely, I asked him to just give me a chance to design his pdf, if he would like my work he can keep it, I won’t charge anything but in return asked him to write me a good review only (being a newbie, I never knew that placing an order is necessary for a review and rating to be done), that client agreed. I took 24 hours and prepared a pdf as he has asked for with best of my skills. When he checked, he was pretty much satisfied and my design was way better than what he had anticipated. He appreciated, I asked him for review and very then I got to know that placing an order was necessary for review. Again thanks to that generous man who then asked me for an invoice and I sent custom offer of $6…and that was how I got my first order…followed by other orders

I am no way suggesting to do job for free or beg for orders but It was my way which I hadn’t planned, happened by chance and went fine. And believe me I have got 3 more clients who have been referred by that first client. I am not a big success compared to other sellers but still I have managed to earn enough for myself, thanks to fiverr.

I wish every new seller get such good clients at beginning, best of luck newbies.

This is a very nice story… Thank you so much for sharing it … I wish you keep having customers and making money… But what I have to tell you is that never sell something for free or cheap if it hard to be done… Because, price = (time that you consume)+(what things you sacrifice ,your eye’s health etc) . If you show appreciation to your self that will come back to you in a good way 🙂

I totally agree with you, I myself believe the same but the time was hard for me, being unemployed and having nothing at hand sometimes make a person to take such steps that is why I never recommended to follow my way, it was just my story, the thing which I never planned, just happened to me and opened the door for me 🙂 thank you the for wishes, may you have the same.

Archived